Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT: Redskins Still want to trade Haynesworth

OsaSkinsFan

I wonder how long the media is gonna keep this issue on life support. If Shanny wanted to trade him, he would most definitely be gone. It's as simple as that.

Not really. He may be waiting / stating that we do not want to trade him with hopes that we'll get offered better value than what has been shopped to us so far.

The Dolphins most definitely did want to trade Jason Taylor but held out for a long time knowing that some idiot would eventually freak out and give away much more than was warranted.

Haynesworth will be 30. If anything we have seen the best of him in 2007 and 2008.

Gauging by his 340 frame and fitness in 2009 this is a guy who could be on the IR list as often in the future as he is on the field for whatever team he plays for.

Haynesworth will be 30. If anything we have seen the best of him in 2007 and 2008.

Gauging by his 340 frame and fitness in 2009 this is a guy who could be on the IR list as often in the future as he is on the field for whatever team he plays for.

God damn Snyderatto

While it sounds ridiculous it's not completely out of line. Haynesworth could tear his ACL on a non contact play and never recover. That's losing any non-guaranteed money left in his contract for a voluntary workout. I seem to remember the first play of a non contact drill ending LeCharles Bentley's career. He was a pretty good center and probably didn't need to be there.

If I were an athlete I would be hesitant to risk my body any more that absolutely necessary too. Then again maybe that's why I'm not an athlete.

Dude. Now you're sounding like Portis. So should nobody do OTAs? Should nobody practice? Should they just be using elastic bands instead of weights? Should all games just be Madden?

This is FOOTBALL. As much of a feminist as I am, if you want to play a man's game, then be a ****ing man.

(Sorry if that seemed angry at you; it wasn't. :cheers: )

This is why you don't give players a ridiculous ass contract highly overpaying them Mr.Snyder.

Fat Albert has played.... X- head of football operations Vinny and owner Dan like a drum.

All he cares about is his Fat $$$$$$ contract with guaranteed money.

If I were an athlete I would be hesitant to risk my body any more that absolutely necessary too. Then again maybe that's why I'm not an athlete.

I call BS. You know how you get to be good at sports? Playing and practicing. If he and his handlers are legitimately concerned about injuring himself in OTAs, I think that's a pretty serious indictment of the physical shape he's in. We saw last year that he'd turn an ankle or come out because he's winded. Well, a lot of those little niggling injuries can be traced to poor conditioning. You get tired, you start to shuffle your feet and catch a toe in the turf...

Maybe if Fat Albert would come join the team and do some of those sprints we see the team running every day on Redskins Nation, he'd be able to be a more consistent contributor when football season comes around.

Has he gone yet?

Thought not.

How long before another awful source quotes another unreliable source and members of this forum bite? Shanahan says we will not be trading Haynesworth but PFT and Jason Reid say we are. I think I will take Shanahans word. It won't be long before this NON-story is run again though and we have another waste of a thead.

How long before another awful source quotes another unreliable source and members of this forum bite?

I give it untill next Monday, unless things get really slow for the media.

Im pretty sure he is 28 and going to be 29 in June... Not 30.....
You are not pretty sure, you are dead on. He will be 29 on 6/17. Which means we can get 3 full season at his absolute peak (28, 29, 30). Look at Pat Williams in Minn. He is 37 and still going strong at close to 330 (ESPN lists him at 317 :ols: ). Think Minn is ****ing about his age?

yeah, but you are discounting the role that attitude and work ethic play in longevity.

Pat Williams is committed to playing football 100%.

AH has yet to prove that he is willing to make the necessary sacrifices to be a factor into his mid-thirties.

Look, in the beginning I agreed with some of you that AH had gotten a bit of a raw deal in re the first year under Zorn who clearly didn't know what he was doing and who ran an offseason program that wasn't up to NFL standards.

BUT, the fact AH wouldn't give Shanahan's regime a chance in what other veterans say is a first class program is a danger signal that AH may not end up being the kind of defensive leader that propels this team forward.

To be a leader you have to first check your own ego at the door.

AH has yet to prove he can do that.

Rod Woodson and other former players on championship teams have commented that Haynesworth's attitude towards Shanahan and the Redskins transition is NOT one that shows he is ready to sacrifice to help the team win.

Oh please, Hass Defenses have never been considered great in any system he ran. Don't tell me he's just another idiot we hired who's more about "his system" then fitting the right players in it, I thought we were over that crap when we canned Gregg Williams. These coaches who are all ego and about themselves never work out.

KISS - Keep It Simple Stupid

I sure as hell hope this isn't a sign of how the defense will behave this year. Hanyesworth is a great player

I can see why they would want to trade anyone that was not on board with where things are heading.

you are one of 3 people

1) those on board and willing to help

2) those against whatever i am trying to do

3) neither for nor against, just apathetic

#'s 2 and 3 are not people i want on my team ... /shrugs

I can see why they would want to trade anyone that was not on board with where things are heading.

you are one of 3 people

1) those on board and willing to help

2) those against whatever i am trying to do

3) neither for nor against, just apathetic

#'s 2 and 3 are not people i want on my team ... /shrugs

Fortunately, you are not in charge of a professional team.

Reading the message forum shows that those who are on the mans back for missing volunteer training all pretty much fall into one of these categories:

1. Drama queens who want to have something to complain about.

2. Lacking any financial understanding. You think Snyders just going to piss away 40 million because dude didn't show up to camp when he didn't have to? Think if he did something that stupid you won't pay more at the games? Come on

3. Misinformed. The medias pushing this story. Coaches stand points have never changed. They want him there but aren't willing to just throw the man away like trash. He's never missed anything he had to be at. Until that happens there is no story. Oh and the media makes stuff up all the time, don't believe sources like PFT hahah

4. Bored.

the NFL is about the effort of 53 players.

unless you are talking about a franchise quarterback with big game experience, there is no player that is indispensable.

Haynesworth and the Titans didn't win anything in his 7 years there. he was perhaps the most productive DT in the AFC in 2007 and 2008 and Tennessee never made it to the AFC title game.

Why? Because it takes more than one name player or a few name players.

Something Shanahan knows from experience but Cerrato/Snyder never seemed to understand.

So, Shanahan is stuck with a 'me first' player in Haynesworth, at least for the time being.

You guys that are posting chicken little notes that without Haynesworth the Redskins are going to be in the crapper in 2010 are IMO just plain mistaken.

My guess is he is going to be dealt before the trade deadline once an injury or two pops up around the NFL to a team that has hopes of being a Super Bowl winner this year.

In the meantime he is showing us he was the last and biggest mistake the team has made in the past 10 years.

In the meantime he is showing us he was the last and biggest mistake the team has made in the past 10 years.

Please. Did you see all the sacks Carter and Okrakpo had last season? Their production was the direct result of Fat Al being on the D-line.

And why would we trade away the most dominant d-linesman in the game? Especially after sinking $40M+ on the man and while we are only obligated to paying him a couple mil per season for the remainder of his contract (6yrs). ROI. It's not like he doesn't have a play book.

:beatdeadhorse:

BTW - Passing up Greg Williams for Zorn was the BIGGEST mistake we made in the past 10 years.

Archived