Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT: Redskins Still want to trade Haynesworth

OsaSkinsFan

Blache controlled our defense and preferred controlling the opposition as opposed to destroying them. The classic bend dont break. He had Haynesworth filling gaps and occupying blockers, hence his hatred for our system and the lies about how he would be used, that which enticed him to come here.

Blache dictated how many sacks our players had. He rushed 3 or 4 in obvious passing downs time and time again, and teams just killed us moving the ball up and down the field on us from the first possession through their last. Blache did the same thing game in and game out.

Haynesworth was a wrong fit here last year, and will probably be again this year, and again it will be the coaches choice to not build their defense around arguably our best player on defense and his strengths. He is so good, completely out of shape he is better than most.

Addicted you're hysterical one post you don't like stats, the next post you're either quoting someone who cites stats and saying "don't bring facts to the table." acting is if they're the end all, even though the stats you quoted have been shown to be incorrect...

Another post you cite team stats, and try to give all the credit to AH... Truly hysterical guy... Hypocrisy at its finest.

-If I was trying to get you in trouble I would have reported it...

-2nd since you're Irish and you still don't seem to know, being called a Mc "mick" is a derogatory term... I assumed adding Mc to the front of my name which you clearly knew wasn't mcmahon you were making a slur of your own.

Great, neat, whatever. I never said anything of the sort, but you just want to start trouble where there is none. Why you take things so personal? Really sad in my opinion.

-actually I did address that point you just chose not to mention that... I asked you for some sort of evidence that showed how AH weared down Offensive Tackles, because these are the guys that Rak/Carter were beating.. I watched a lot of the games, he certainly did get double teamed and he did get blocked by tackles occasionally, but for the most part he was dealing with a C/G not a T.. So he really didn't have the impact you're trying to claim he did on the players that Rak/Carter were getting past.

Right because of those double teams? Man get outta here with that crap. The evidence is there, just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's wrong. And just because there isn't a box score to point at doesn't make it so. I believe that discussing this with you is pointless, your on a mission to convice everyone that AH made no impact on the team and that it was all Orakpo when it wasn't. Think what you want but your flat out wrong on almost all of this and after watching all of those plays I'd really expect you to have learned something by now but apparently not.

-Ya because the 11 sack rookie didn't contribute to that at all?

-I could have swore you just claimed you didn't like stats...

Never said anything of the sort, and why don't you show proof that Rakpo or Carter would have gotten those sacks without Hanyesworth there? I just showed you evidence of Carter sack totals without AH but you can't understand it because of your agenda. Either way it's pointless to go any further with you dude because all your doing is being defensive, putting words in my posts that aren't there, and otherwise refusing to be honest. Did AH take your job or something? Are you always like this with every player? Were you on board with this signing from jump street and then change your opinion or were you always hating the man?

Like I said, I'm not taking credit away from haynesworth because I don't like him, I'm taking it away because its about time our DE's got some of the credit they deserve.

Sure sure sure, no dude what your doing is trying too hard to force credit on Rakpo and away from Hanyesworth (Yuo watched every play and kept notes and know there was a 1.14875434896356% chance that Hanyesworth contributed anything to the team :silly:) because only in your mind and no one elses you think that people think Rakpo is crap and Hanyesworth is the reason for his success. News flash sport, no ones saying anything like that.

Why don't you put down your hate for Hanyesworth and celebrate them both and be happy? Why in the heck do you think it has to be 1 or the other? Why can't you be happy with both players? Aren't they both Redskins? Anyway you made me do it...

:beatdeadhorse:

Addicted you're hysterical one post you don't like stats, the next post you're either quoting someone who cites stats and saying "don't bring facts to the table." acting is if they're the end all, even though the stats you quoted have been shown to be incorrect...

Another post you cite team stats, and try to give all the credit to AH... Truly hysterical guy... Hypocrisy at its finest.

The only thing hysterical is your lack of any reading comprehension skills at all. I said "stats do not tell the whole story about the impact a defensive linemen has on a team" which you took as me saying "I don't like stats" which I never did. This is the 3rd time you are putting words in my posts that simply are not there and getting excited about it and can't seem to understand what I am saying to you.

I'm not giving all credit to one person like you claim and I'm not playing make believe like you are. No one knows what our sack totals would have been without Hanyesworth. The problem here is you are unwilling to waiver on anything and you just want to argue with people. I'm done with speaking with you because you can't seem to read. Go take your drama elsewhere.

Some people here with there big mouths lack the ability to notice things like that because it isn't shown in a 30 second stat search.

-This suggests you aren't exactly a fan of stats..

Numbers can be played with, jerked around with, and doesn't tell the entire story of the impact and importance of a Defensive Linemen

Later in the post:

Here's the stat you should be looking at:

2009 Redskins had 40 sacks, 2008 we had 24 (Difference of a plus 16)

2009 Tennessee Titans had 32 sacks, 2008 they had 44 (Difference of a minus 12)

-You show sacks which are essentially defensive linemen stats... Not only that, you show the stats for the entire team and season when Haynesworth usually misses a few games a year.

2009 Redskins had 28 sacks in games Haynesworth played in: 2008 Redskins had 24 (Difference of 4 in games Haynesworth actually played in)

-I think Rak could have at a 4 sacks season w/o Haynesworth, considering he had a 4 sack game without Haynesworth playing at all..

2009 Titans Tennessee Titans had 32 sacks , 2008 they had 38 in games Haynesworth played in(difference of minus 6)... Still relatively high, clearly the loss of Haynesworth has an impact across a defensive line, but not as dramatic as your earlier stats made it to be when you gave him credit for games he did not even step on the field. In these he couldn't have even been a "setup man."

Haynesworth didn't come close to delivering the type of season in 2009 for Washington that he did for TN in 2007 or 2008.

He clearly wasn't worth the money last year. He showed up out of shape and ended up missing 4 games with ticky-tack injuries that most likely were the result from the gut he was carrying around playing at 355 or 360.

Anyone remember Haynesworth saying he was wearing #92 because he wanted to be considered with Reggie White.

He is nowhere near White on or off the field.

That should be clear to everyone now. Anyone who still wants to argue that point is just beyond logic.

Haynesworth didn't come close to delivering the type of season in 2009 for Washington that he did for TN in 2007 or 2008.

He clearly wasn't worth the money last year. He showed up out of shape and ended up missing 4 games with ticky-tack injuries that most likely were the result from the gut he was carrying around playing at 355 or 360.

Anyone remember Haynesworth saying he was wearing #92 because he wanted to be considered with Reggie White.

He is nowhere near White on or off the field.

That should be clear to everyone now. Anyone who still wants to argue that point is just beyond logic.

Exactly why I am now watching Mahons tell the truth as opposed to wasting my time trying to respond.

Right because of those double teams? Man get outta here with that crap. The evidence is there, just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's wrong. And just because there isn't a box score to point at doesn't make it so. I believe that discussing this with you is pointless, your on a mission to convice everyone that AH made no impact on the team and that it was all Orakpo when it wasn't. Think what you want but your flat out wrong on almost all of this and after watching all of those plays I'd really expect you to have learned something by now but apparently not.

-So you can show no evidence of how Haynesworth supposedly wore down opposing offensive tackles... didn't think so.

Never said anything of the sort, and why don't you show proof that Rakpo or Carter would have gotten those sacks without Hanyesworth there?

-I have shown proof of that...

-You just don't want to believe it, and want to claim that AH wore down offensive tackles. So please give visual evidence... You are the one making the claim that Al was this great setup man... Clearly there should be some visual evidence of how he wore down opposing tackles.. Maybe a mention of it in a quote even.

I just showed you evidence of Carter sack totals without AH but you can't understand it because of your agenda.

-No you showed me Carter's sacks totals with out Haynesworth and Orakpo.. In addition Carter had more sacks in 2007, than this year so 2008 could have just been a down year for him.

Either way it's pointless to go any further with you dude because all your doing is being defensive, putting words in my posts that aren't there, and otherwise refusing to be honest.

-what are you talking about?

Did AH take your job or something? Are you always like this with every player? Were you on board with this signing from jump street and then change your opinion or were you always hating the man?

-again what are you talking about? Just because I don't agree with the inaccurate notion that Carter/Orakpo had good seasons because of Al, doesn't mean I don't think Al contributed and contributed a lot.

sure sure sure, no dude what your doing is trying too hard to force credit on Rakpo and away from Hanyesworth (Yuo watched every play and kept notes and know there was a 1.14875434896356% chance that Hanyesworth contributed anything to the team :silly:)

-No I took the time to create evidence to substantiate a point, something you've shown in capable of doing, to your "setup man" claim.

-I also didn't say he didn't contribute anything, I just showed the amount of sacks Rakpo/Carter got with AH in the game, the total was 8. You continue to claim AH wore down the opponents, but won't show a couple of clips or quotes of him wearing down offensive tackles.

.because only in your mind and no one elses you think that people think Rakpo is crap and Hanyesworth is the reason for his success. News flash sport, no ones saying anything like that.

-They aren't saying Rak's crap, but they are saying he was only good because of Al.

Originally Posted by mossomo

Please. Did you see all the sacks Carter and Okrakpo had last season? Their production was the direct result of Fat Al being on the D-line.

Originally Posted by boobiemiles

We couldn't put any pressure on the qb before Al got here. There is a reason why Andre Carter, and Orakapo had good seasons

Why don't you put down your hate for Hanyesworth and celebrate them both and be happy? Why in the heck do you think it has to be 1 or the other? Why can't you be happy with both players? Aren't they both Redskins? Anyway you made me do it...

-It doesn't have to be one way or the other... I love what orakpo did for our pass rush, I love what al did for our run stuffing, but I'm not about to give Orakpo much of the credit for what our rushing defense did, and I'm not about to anoint Al "the reason Carter/Rak had a good seasons."

Look, I appreciate PD coming on here and talking to the fans but I'm no dummy either. I read his quotes and they were most certainly directed at Haynesworth in a negative way. He can come on here later and say that he didn't mean it or that the media was making it out to be more than it was but that doesn't cut it. He's saying two different things.

Aa far as the Ravens... good for them. They are free to do so. The coaches in Washington want Haynesworth to be here and by not showing up, he is letting us all know what he thinks about the coaches, team, organization, and fans.

The Ravens players who are working out on their own come in ready to play. I'd say it's a fair certainty that Haynesworth will not.

PD was very clear in his posts here that the media took a small part of what he said and quoted that out of context. You are not unique in "not being a dummy" and I think most of us know the way the media works. We have a Redskin player coming on ES to tell us directly how he feels with no filtering or editing.

As for the Ravens I'm pretty sure their coaches dont want the players missing as well. Tell me which is a bigger deal a wide receiver who is completley new to a system missing OTAs or a DT/DE? Playing a 3 technique DT in a 4-3 under defense is almost exactly the same as playing a DE in a 3-4. There will be some new language to learn and some new gap controls etc but it is not day and night.

Look I agree that Haynesworth should be at the OTAs, I also agree that the coaches are probably pissed he is not. I'm also sure that we are a better team with a motivated Haynesworth than without him. What remains to be seen is what conditioning he is doing and what shape and attitude he shows up to camp.

Archived