Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT: Redskins Still want to trade Haynesworth

OsaSkinsFan

-They would have missed some OTA's but certainly not all of them, or even half from what I understand.

-Problem is Al is learning a new scheme, a 3-4 is totally different than a 4-3. All the teams mentioned in acquiring Al either a.) already have experience with him, or b.) run a 4-3, which wouldn't require him to have to learn as much as a 3-4 would.

-Every team does bring in players, but usually the players already run the scheme... If they don't, like the case of the Redskins acquiring Jason Taylor, it usually doesn't work out all that great.

Nice post and many of us have made these valid points ad nauseum, but the AH camp are relentless and hanging onto the "what if's." As in "what if" AH shows up in great shape. "What if' he is working his ass off with his trainer. They also continue to cling to the ever so popular "it's mandatory."

Yeah, it is mandatory, but the other 99% realize they need to be there. You would think with all of the negativity towards AH he would come out and show some resemblance of giving a ****. To me that's just another sign amongst MANY that he doesn't give a ****.

-They would have missed some OTA's but certainly not all of them, or even half from what I understand.

If they trade Haynesworth, though, I guarantee they will bring in at least two more D-Linemen. Daniels, Carriker, Holliday, Golston and Kemoeatu are pretty much our only D-Linemen if Haynesworth were off the team as of today...and I can't believe (regardless of what Haslett said in that blurb) that the Skins' coaches would be fine with that line up. Whoever they bring in will be just as "behind the curve" as Haynesworth would have been, unless they bring in one of Haslett's old players.

-Problem is Al is learning a new scheme, a 3-4 is totally different than a 4-3. All the teams mentioned in acquiring Al either a.) already have experience with him, or b.) run a 4-3, which wouldn't require him to have to learn as much as a 3-4 would.

-Every team does bring in players, but usually the players already run the scheme... If they don't, like the case of the Redskins acquiring Jason Taylor, it usually doesn't work out all that great.

- He may not have to "learn as much", but he WOULD have to learn...just going from one 4-3 defense to another doesn't mean there aren't very real differences that need to be learned and studied, and it doesn't negate the importance of OTAs, at least according to Haslett's words if you take him literally.

- Nah, when teams bring in players noticeably later in the offseason, it's more due to things like having holes that still need to be filled or suddenly seeing a player that the FO thinks has a lot of talent and wanting to jump at the opportunity, regardless of whether or not they've played in a similar scheme. As I've mentioned before, we brought in Pete Kendall something like 4 days before the season started in 2007 lol...and it wasn't because he had played in the same scheme with the Jets. But Todd Wade and the other O-Linemen we had weren't cutting it like we hoped, and we needed to fill that hole.

Carriker and Holliday might end up being more like Todd Wade than Pete Kendall when all is said and done, and we may find ourselves obtaining (or even trading) for a player to truly replace Haynesworth weeks after Haynesworth has left. Which, again, would put that new player "behind the curve" just as much as Haynesworth would have been...either that, or we'll end up trading away a higher draft pick than we'd like to pick up a 3-4 D-Lineman.

I'd be all for sending AH to the Raiders in exchange for Seymour and like a mid rounder (as high of a pick as Bruce could fleece Al Davis for haha). IMO everybody wins: we get a guy who better fits the scheme and is a hard worker (and costs less even though he's older), the Raiders end up with a younger player out of the 1st rounder they sent to the Pats and a guy who should produce better in their scheme. AH goes to a more 4-3 heavy defense... and gets what's coming to him for being such a whiny b****--playing for the Raiders! haha

Shipping him to the Viks for a 1st or 2nd would be alright with me too.

Nice post and many of us have made these valid points ad nauseum, but the AH camp are relentless and hanging onto the "what if's." As in "what if" AH shows up in great shape. "What if' he is working his ass off with his trainer. They also continue to cling to the ever so popular "it's mandatory."

Yeah, it is mandatory, but the other 99% realize they need to be there. You would think with all of the negativity towards AH he would come out and show some resemblance of giving a ****. To me that's just another sign amongst MANY that he doesn't give a ****.

Ah, you're one of those simplistic posters who prefers to just dump labels onto everyone as being in the "AH Camp" or being "AH supporters" or "AH apologists", I see...far easier to do that than to try and take the differing aspects of someone's viewpoint and debate them on their own merits.

Ah, you're one of those simplistic posters who prefers to just dump labels onto everyone as being in the "AH Camp" or being "AH supporters" or "AH apologists", I see...far easier to do that than to try and take the differing aspects of someone's viewpoint and debate them on their own merits.

Ah, you had no response to my post so you grasp for that last straw. You are a little too sensitive for me if you think the "AH camp" is insulting. I see.........you apparently failed to read my whole post and my views on why I think AH should be there. Gotcha.

Ah, you had no response to my post so you grasp for that last straw. You are a little too sensitive for me if you think the "AH camp" is insulting. I see.........you apparently failed to read my whole post and my views on why I think AH should be there. Gotcha.

With all due respect to both of you, I think that it's a little inappropriate to label ANYONE as in the "AH Camp" given the topic. ;)

If they trade Haynesworth, though, I guarantee they will bring in at least two more D-Linemen. Daniels, Carriker, Holliday, Golston and Kemoeatu are pretty much our only D-Linemen if Haynesworth were off the team as of today...and I can't believe (regardless of what Haslett said in that blurb) that the Skins' coaches would be fine with that line up. Whoever they bring in will be just as "behind the curve" as Haynesworth would have been, unless they bring in one of Haslett's old players.

-I agree we probably would bring in more defensive linemen, but we don't know that for any certainty. In addition who's to say said player wouldn't have already played a 3-4 DE, or a 3-4 NT. Which would put him ahead of where Haynesworth currently stands.

- He may not have to "learn as much", but he WOULD have to learn...just going from one 4-3 defense to another doesn't mean there aren't very real differences that need to be learned and studied, and it doesn't negate the importance of OTAs, at least according to Haslett's words if you take him literally.

-I said he would still have to learn.. But let's say he went to Detroit with Schwartz, he would have to learn next to nothing, in comparison with what he has to learn to fit into the Redskins 3-4.

-I didn't say it would negate the importance, only that he wouldn't be as far as behind if he were to go to a 4-3 defense, in comparison with remaining in a 3-4 scheme.

- Nah, when teams bring in players noticeably later in the offseason, it's more due to things like having holes that still need to be filled or suddenly seeing a player that the FO thinks has a lot of talent and wanting to jump at the opportunity, regardless of whether or not they've played in a similar scheme. As I've mentioned before, we brought in Pete Kendall something like 4 days before the season started in 2007 lol...and it wasn't because he had played in the same scheme with the Jets. But Todd Wade and the other O-Linemen we had weren't cutting it like we hoped, and we needed to fill that hole.

-I didn't say they were only brought in because they fit the scheme, you're obviously not going to acquire a player you have no need for etc.. But in general a 4-3 team doesn't go out and sign a NT or a 3-4 OLB right before the season starts to plug them into their 4-3, and when they do it doesn't usually turn out very pretty.

-Pete Kendall's situation isn't an apples to apples comparison. He still remained in a similar blocking scheme, its like going from a WCO to a different WCO, or a 4-3 to a different 4-3. Had he come from a ZBS(which I don't believe he did), it would be a better comparison.. Because he would be learning new concepts entirely foreign to him.

Carriker and Holliday might end up being more like Todd Wade than Pete Kendall when all is said and done, and we may find ourselves obtaining (or even trading) for a player to truly replace Haynesworth weeks after Haynesworth has left. Which, again, would put that new player "behind the curve" just as much as Haynesworth would have been...either that, or we'll end up trading away a higher draft pick than we'd like to pick up a 3-4 D-Lineman.

-They Might end up like Todd Wade but they also might end up looking like Pete Kendall, we have no idea at this point.

-Again said new player, may already come from a 3-4 scheme, so he would already be ahead of Haynesworth who has played a 4-3 scheme for his entire career. While he may be behind some of the other players on our defense, because he would have missed OTA's he would still have a leg up on Haynesworth.

Three things I know about this.

In the past several weeks, TK jumped in on the AH rumors and shot them down. So far, knowing he's busy, he hasn't weighed in this yet. Could be nothing's changed so no reason to comment. Also could mean things have changed and he's not privy to give away team secrets.

The fact that Haslett points out the obvious (seems like 100 d-lineman in camp, plenty of options) makes me think AH could be on the outside looking in.

And finally, if Vinny was still here, he would wait until TO signed somewhere, then trade Albert to get him. A win-win by his account.:ols:

The Redskins have been saying repeatedly--SINCE MARCH--that they have no intention of trading Haynesworth, yet these "stories" keep popping up? I mean, I expect it from someone as full of **** as Mike Florio, but this is getting ridiculous.

That said... I do think it's a good idea to get him out of here. But I don't think it'll happen. We just paid him a $30 million bonus.

Let me ask you guys since i do not follow the skins all that closely. Is the Haynesworth situation mostly his doing or the front office. Reason I ask is he was this gotta have player and he hasn't been all that. So what is the deal in your guys opinion? Do you want him gone or would you rather him shut up and play ball? Me personally I am so tired of all the prima donna me me players and their whining about this or that.

The Redskins have been saying repeatedly--SINCE MARCH--that they have no intention of trading Haynesworth, yet these "stories" keep popping up? I mean, I expect it from someone as full of **** as Mike Florio, but this is getting ridiculous.

That said... I do think it's a good idea to get him out of here. But I don't think it'll happen. We just paid him a $30 million bonus.

It would be nice if they could name a real source but you should never believe FO's when it comes to trade rumors. Jay Cutler wasn't available last offseason and he ended up in Chicago. We "weren't interested" in Jason Taylor the morning we traded for him. Different FO's but the point is the same, everybody lies.

I would guess that the media/fans only catch wind of a small fraction of trades that are discussed and players that are actually on the block.

Considering all JReid has can come up with is this garbage I think its safe to say hes officially a Redskins Outsider. Its really pathetic that everytime he writes an article, does a radio interview, or a TV appearance all he has to offer is Haynesworth bull****. This guy should be thanking god every night that he works for the most pathetic sports page out of any major news paper in the entire country. WAPO=hot baby diapers.

It seesm the only news out of FedeX is Albert missing voluntary OTA's. People kill me. You have people on this site that won't let their kids play football because it's to violent, and demands to much physical activity. But they want this dude to come to voluntary OTA's. Why, because he is suppose to do what the coach says. Albert doesn't need any coaching. He's an All pro, and a Pro Bowler. He has shown he can play with the big boys. This is about ego's, and as usual the Redskins fans are the ones that get the short end of the stick.

It seesm the only news out of FedeX is Albert missing voluntary OTA's. People kill me. You have people on this site that won't let their kids play football because it's to violent, and demands to much physical activity. But they want this dude to come to voluntary OTA's. Why, because he is suppose to do what the coach says. Albert doesn't need any coaching. He's an All pro, and a Pro Bowler. He has shown he can play with the big boys. This is about ego's, and as usual the Redskins fans are the ones that get the short end of the stick.

I don't think that there have been many other posts than this one with which I disagree more.

He doesn't need to be coached? He shouldn't be at OTAs because football is violent?

Man, WTF are you talking about?

Let me ask you guys since i do not follow the skins all that closely. Is the Haynesworth situation mostly his doing or the front office. Reason I ask is he was this gotta have player and he hasn't been all that. So what is the deal in your guys opinion? Do you want him gone or would you rather him shut up and play ball? Me personally I am so tired of all the prima donna me me players and their whining about this or that.

It's actually mostly the media. Both AH and our coaches have been pretty silent about addressing this specifically, even though other players have called him out. The ideal situation would be him giving the team his all to be a part of the TEAM and not just the Haynesworth agenda.

Haynesworth, just like Jaromir Jagr, will do enough to ensure he gets out of Washington.

For the Caps it was the necessary start to a re-birth.

For the Redskins it can and I think will be a sign that the player-dominated travails at Redskins Park are finally over.

Whenever it comes AH's departure will be a sign that good things are in store.

Unlike the NBA, individual players who are not quarterbacks don't dominate the NFL.

Haynesworth was perhaps the most productive DT in the league in 2007 and 2008 in Tennessee and yet the Titans don't have anything to show for it.

They lost early in the postseason while other teams advanced.

I don't think that there have been many other posts than this one with which I disagree more.

He doesn't need to be coached? He shouldn't be at OTAs because football is violent?

Man, WTF are you talking about?

While it sounds ridiculous it's not completely out of line. Haynesworth could tear his ACL on a non contact play and never recover. That's losing any non-guaranteed money left in his contract for a voluntary workout. I seem to remember the first play of a non contact drill ending LeCharles Bentley's career. He was a pretty good center and probably didn't need to be there.

If I were an athlete I would be hesitant to risk my body any more that absolutely necessary too. Then again maybe that's why I'm not an athlete.

Archived