Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

"Lost" Series Finale/ Prediction Thread

HRNY4ZRNY

ok ok, so the plane did crash, but they didn't die. So the island was real, the oceanic 6 was real, the scientific experiments and stuff on it were real.

But the alternate reality was not :P

ok ok, so the plane did crash, but they didn't die. So the island was real, the oceanic 6 was real, the scientific experiments and stuff on it were real.

But the alternate reality was not :P

true dat :drooley:

edit: well not real in the "of this world" sense

Aaron is with his grandmother.

The Flash Sideways wasn't real, Aaron never made it to his grandmother. At least IMHO.

I really think the entire show was their souls dealing with things and they all died in the crash. The show reinforces the soul of man. Kind of a let down on the whole story, but it makes sense to me and doesn't take away from anything. If you believe in the power of the soul and afterlife, the show backs that up.

Though Christian said it was all real, but I don't think he meant literally.

The Flash Sideways wasn't real, Aaron never made it to his grandmother. At least IMHO.

I really think the entire show was their souls dealing with things and they all died in the crash. The show reinforces the soul of man. Kind of a let down on the whole story, but it makes sense to me and doesn't take away from anything. If you believe in the power of the soul and afterlife, the show backs that up.

Though Christian said it was all real, but I don't think he meant literally.

Kate and Jack gave Aaron to his gmother in the real timeline.

Huh? Kate left Aaron with his grandmother, not in the purgatory but in the original time line.

I can't believe how many people here didn't get it.

Everything that happened on the island happened. They were not dead. The alt time line was like their purgatory, them coming together was their heaven.

They all died at different times. We don't know how Kate, Sawyer, Miles, Lapidius, Ben and Hurley died.

It's possible Hurley and Ben lived for thousands of years after Jack died.

Huh? Kate left Aaron with his grandmother, not in the purgatory but in the original time line.

Everything that happened on the island happened. They were not dead. The alt time line was like their purgatory, them coming together was their heaven.

They all died at different times. We don't know how Kate, Sawyer, Miles, Lapidius, Ben and Hurley died.

:thumbsup: sadly I bet half the people who watched will never get it.

Thought it was pretty self explainatory.

Now I'm just thinking about it and trying to determine whether I think the writers took the easy way out or not.

My bad, not the flash sideways. But, I am not totally sold that everything on the island really physically happened and may have been more of an "afterlife" series of events.

Until the writers come out and say it, no ones opinion is wrong. The closing scene kind of settled it for me.

Come on seriously, a plane going down, breaking in half and landing in pieces would have a very slim chance of actually having survivors.

And the island having many different religious symbols abound could symbolize the different type of souls coming to the realization they have moved on.

Thought it was pretty self explainatory.

Now I'm just thinking about it and trying to determine whether I think the writers took the easy way out or not.

Well, that's on you and your perception of the ending. Was the alt-time line being purgatory the easy way out? I thought it was poetic. Much better than my idea of them just living in the alt time line with the memories of the island.

The show as about finding oneself. They did. And in the end, they were rewarded for doing so.

Well, that's on you and your perception of the ending. Was the alt-time line being purgatory the easy way out? I thought it was poetic. Much better than my idea of them just living in the alt time line with the memories of the island.

The show as about finding oneself. They did. And in the end, they were rewarded for doing so.

I guess.

It's just the fact that there were so many questions left unanswered.

I knew they would never explain them on but just thinking back there are so many that they never come close to even giving clues about - and I'm sure I'll find a ****load more when I rewatch all of the seasons.

My bad, not the flash sideways. But, I am not totally sold that everything on the island really physically happened and may have been more of an "afterlife" series of events.

Until the writers come out and say it, no ones opinion is wrong. The closing scene kind of settled it for me.

Come on seriously, a plane going down, breaking in half and landing in pieces would have a very slim chance of actually having survivors.

And the island having many different religious symbols abound could symbolize the different type of souls coming to the realization they have moved on.

I can see where you are coming from with the credits and the pieces of the plane looking like a crash that no one survived. Guess that's on you and what you want to believe. I am choosing to believe they survived the crash. What's the purpose of all of them getting back together if they found each other while they already died? There's no redemption, there's no character growth, there's no finding one self and belonging if they all just died in the pilot.

I dont know why, but I balled like a little girl when Jack passed away in the bamboo, and the dog (vincent?) came and layed down next to him :cry: I want my dog to do that when I die LOL

I almost did the same thing.

I have a yellow lab so something about that scene hit me.

I dont know why, but I balled like a little girl when Jack passed away in the bamboo, and the dog (vincent?) came and layed down next to him :cry: I want my dog to do that when I die LOL

It got pretty dusty multiple times in my apartment tonight.

I thought it was a fantastic ending. Like Cuse said, if you had a checklist of questions you wanted answered, you probably weren't going to like the ending.

Archived