Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

"Lost" Series Finale/ Prediction Thread

HRNY4ZRNY

So tonight marks the end of my favorite show on television. I know there is already a epic Lost thread but I would like to make this thread just for tonights finale.I thought it would be cool to post any predictions here and see who is the closest.

The biggest question to me is who will protect the island? Also who will die and what will happen with the Alt timeline? We could also predict if this will live up to the hype or will it be a let down.

Here is my official prediction.

*Ben will stay and protect the island. He will go out as a hero in the end luring the smoke monster into the room that Desmond was locked in with the electromagnetic light. It will destroy the smoke monster or just send him to a different time. Ben will stay on the island and take on Jacobs role protecting the light.

*As for the Alternate timeline, Desmond will gather them all up and they will all remember everything at the same time. A huge flashback will happen with all 6 seasons.

*My wildcard prediction is that Jack will die in the first 30 minutes of the show.

*As for being fulfilled, I think it will be a great ending but bittersweet. Very sad that my favorite characters on TV will all be gone.

So whats your prediction and are you excited!?! :saber:

Who will protect the Island: Ben

Who will die: literally everyone else. Get your tissues ready!

Alt timeline: They will all get flashes of their island lives and the timeline will be justified. I've heard theories that the Alt is the epilogue, although I don't fully believe it....

I like your idea of Ben bringing the smoke monster to that that room with the coils. Maybe Desmond has something to do with that as well. And Jack will most definitely die, I'm like 80 percent positive! But I don't think it'll be in the first 30 min, I think it'll be a sacrifice near the end. The whole series starts with Jack, he is the main billed "star", the story has been primarily about his journey from Man of Science to Man of Faith, specifically so he could do the role he is meant to do now. Unless Jack dies a worthy death, they are saying that the MAIN character arc in the whole series doesn't matter.

Alt Universe:

Jack, Kate, Desmond, Juliet (David's mom), Claire, Charlie, Sawyer, Miles, Charlotte, Faraday (maybe), Chang, all at the concert. Sayid and Hurley get Sun, Jin, Ben and Locke there somehow. A great "enlightening happens".

Original Universe:

Jack, Kate, Sawyer and Hurley confront the MIB with Desmond and Ben at the center of the island. Locke gets Desmond into the light, Ben kills Locke somehow, Kate and Hurley die and Sawyer sacrifices himself into the light to try to save Desmond, turns into Smoke.

Last scene is Jack and Sawyer at the beach (of course I don't think this will happen as Sawyer and Juliet will get that cup of coffee and Sawyer won't care to live in the Original timeline, perhaps he dies and doesn't turn to smoke).

I also like the idea of them letting Desmond into the center and destroying the entire universe, everyone is saved by their lives in the alt timeline.

If you go into it only wanting answers, you will no **** be disappointed.

If you go into it buckled in for the ride, you will enjoy it more. My friends and I decided that caring about how many answers we get is useless and takes away from the INSANE amounts of enjoyment we have already gotten from the show. My favorite part is not the answers, but the questions and the mystery and the theorizing. If you like resolutions and the end of the matter more than the ride, then sorry, why even watch the finale? Just read about the resolutions later. And this isn't specifically for you ACW, but I've heard a bunch of fans say that we deserve answers and that the writers are lazy. I disagree, we deserve an end to the story. The answers to all the questions are secondary to me. Even Cuse and Lindelof have said that they know the finale may split the viewers. Haters gonna hate.

http://www.mania.com/11-lost-series-finale-questions_article_122715.html

^ that is pretty much what I'm expecting. Walt may be the one thing I don't think they're touch on in a satisfactory manner.

styx, I see your point, but it'd be nice to know the following:

-How did mentioning Eloise cause Ben to kill Locke?

Wasnt that already answered? Ben told Locke (was actually Flocke) that once he got the information that he needed, he didnt need him anymore. Thats why he prevented Locke from hanging himself, only to kill him moments later.

styx, I see your point, but it'd be nice to know the following:

-How did mentioning Eloise cause Ben to kill Locke?

-WTF in the light caused Esau to become Smokey?

-Etc.

Totally agree with the second one, although they might just say its magic and that this is the way it happens... which will for sure piss off many people.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnBVOZo5x7Q&feature=related

^^ For your first question, Ben killed Locke after he got the information he needed out of him. Eloise Hawking is what Ben wanted to know, and without that information, Ben cannot kill Locke because Ben just didn't know what was going on and how exactly to get everyone back to the island. After Locke told Ben about Eloise, Locke was disposable and better off dead to Ben.

BTW, brilliant acting by Terry O'Quinn in that scene. Heartbreaking. This is the kind of stuff I want to see in the finale.

Okay, dumb question time again:

Why did Ben need to get them back to the island in the first place? I cannot remember for the life of me.

And just what was Widmore's ultimate goal anyway?

Okay, dumb question time again:

Why did Ben need to get them back to the island in the first place? I cannot remember for the life of me.

And just what was Widmore's ultimate goal anyway?

Ben left the island to get back at Widmore for killing Alex and because "Jacob" in his cabin told Locke that the island needed to be moved, and Ben felt like he was the one who had to do it. Once he was off, he hired Sayid to take his revenge. He just had no idea how to get back to the island, and that's where Locke on the mainland comes in. All Ben wanted to do was get back, but Locke wanted the Oceanic 6 to come back as well because the island/Christian/Smokey wanted that. Ben just used them to get back, he had no intentions with the O6 otherwise.

And about Widmore, I think we'll get the answer to that tonight. I really have no idea what his ultimate goal could be, maybe the same as Ben, to have the island to himself. I doubt he knew about the light and what was going on before Jacob "visited" him.

Because he loves the island and the island is his home :whoknows:

Really I think he was done with the mainland and he had no real need to stay on the mainland once his revenge storyline was established and set in motion, and all that he has ever known has been on the island

Jack will protect the Island (#23 on the 23rd? Too coincidental)

Jack will let Locke die on the operating table, somehow this kills MIB.

No other real predictions. I'm excited and a bit sad that the show is ending, I've enjoyed every minute of it.

Oh, and I'll take this time to tell everyone who is pissed off at a metaphysical explanation to shove it. If you weren't expecting something along those lines, then you weren't paying attention from day 1.

Here's my prediction:

Ben is the key to the whole thing. The alternate timeline reflects what would have happened if Ben left on the sub when the "indicent" was getting ready to happen in season 5 (when Faraday was telling Miles' dad to get everyone off the island back in the 70s).

Ben then leaves and the island blows up (or something). Remember the first episode of season 6, the island is at the bottom of the ocean. Therefore, if the island is gone, Oceanic 815 cannot crash land there and everyone will happily land in LAX, as we saw in the season opener this season.

Now, the key is going to have to be that the losties find some way in the finale to go back to the 70s and get Ben on the sub. I don't know how they are going to go back through time again, but it's LOST, I'm sure they can just blow up another bomb or something. Anyways, they go back in time, convince Ben to get on the sub. He leaves, island blows up and sinks to the bottom of the ocean with Jacob and smokie.

As a result, everyone lives in this alternate timeline having never gone to the island.

However, this does bring up the issue of the flashes that they have in the alternate timeline of remembering being on the island. Maybe by messing with time, they are writing over the timeline we have watched for 6 seasons with this alt. timeline. Maybe they only re-write over 99% of it though. Kind of like making a copy of a copy on a xerox machine. Or copying over a cassette tape. Everytime you make a new copy or copy over somehting, it loses a little quality. IDK...this last part is a stretch.

Flame away.

i thought it would have been cool to have Jack become the new Jacob and then Sawyer become the new MIB. Lately all Sawyer has wanted was to leave the island just like the MIB. Sawyer even left Claire behind when they were taking the sub. Sawyer wants nothing more than to leave it appears.... this show just simply blows my mind. thinking of all of the theories hurts my head sometimes haha.

Ben ultimately does something heroic, probably sacrificing himself in some way to save the island.

Jacob's "mother" will be shown to not be human. I don't mean in the way Jacob was a normal human and then became "like her" when he drank the wine, I mean that she was always something else. Maybe an "anti-Smokie" that could also take human form.

Remember Desmond's line, "See you in another life, brotha"? Well, now he's got another life to see everyone in. And I bet he references that line.

Oh, and a billion questions won't be answered.

Archived