Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

"Lost" Series Finale/ Prediction Thread

HRNY4ZRNY

Good answers in above post.

Another question I have is about Jacks son. WTF?

Did he ever really excist?

NO HE DID NOT!!!

The alt timeline basically wasn't real. It was a world where the LOSTies met up after they died. Hence, why Jack's son was not in the church.

So basically Jack died when he closed his eyes at the end.

Kate, Sawyer and the others that got on the plane potentially made it home and lived out the rest of there lives.

Hurley and Ben stayed and protected the island, possibly passing on the duties later on and then died at some point.

Than they all meet in the Alt world which could of been a hundred years later.

Is this right?

that was the most retarded ending ever. so the flash-sideways universe is nothing but a new age take on heaven?

so WHO exactly created that "reality?" and why did no one remember their real lives? it seems to me that if they wanted to make a place to meet together after they died, they wouldnt fabricate a ton of fake memories to make it harder to remember. and why was desmond getting them all together? his comments on the island make it seem like he was aware of the flash sideways but not that it was some sort of afterlife.

and if they created that reality, then why are eloise and daniel there? what was keamy? a fabrication or the real keamy? and whats indicated by the fact that he died in the flash-sideways? why are the oceanic 815ers so important that they get to create the alternate timeline after death?

basically, there are only two ways i can understand it - 1) only the people in the church at the end are real, and everyone else is fake (like david) or 2) everyone goes to the flashsideways timeline when they die and continue to live out their lives and die there, eventually of old age if nothing else.

lost definitely nuked the fridge here. very very disappointed. it pretty much makes everything that came before this seem pointless. nothing really mattered because they all ended up together anyways.

I am disappointed (as was everyone I watched it with). I just did not like the whole idea of half of season 6 being their afterlife. Really surprised to see I am in the minority here but glad other's liked the show. But just having the whole afterlife thing is confusing:

-Why is it just select people from the island in their purgatory

-Why did Eloise call it a violation?

-Why did Eloise not want them to move on to heaven (or whatever it was)?

There are many more. I can understand some things being for interpretation, like what happened to them all after Jack saves them, but cmon. I do not know, I just did not like it.

Kate, Sawyer and the others that got on the plane potentially made it home and lived out the rest of there lives.

Hurley and Ben stayed and protected the island, possibly passing on the duties later on and then died at some point.

Is this right?

Jacob lived for 2000 years, so potentially did Hurley and Ben......

But ecentially you are right. Whenever they died, they were united in the alternate timeline, until they could accept, let go, and move on.

I think they answered basically all the major questions...... My only remaining question is, who was the boy who continued to appear before Smokie?

Is this right?

That's how I saw it

Jacob lived for 2000 years, so potentially did Hurley and Ben......

But ecentially you are right. Whenever they died, they were united in the alternate timeline, until they could accept, let go, and move on.

I think they answered basically all the major questions...... My only remaining question is, who was the boy who continued to appear before Smokie?

The little boy was Jacob.

I am disappointed (as was everyone I watched it with). I just did not like the whole idea of half of season 6 being their afterlife. Really surprised to see I am in the minority here but glad other's liked the show. But just having the whole afterlife thing is confusing:

-Why is it just select people from the island in their purgatory

It was always about the candidates. It was never about everybody.

-Why did Eloise call it a violation?

Eloise was aware of where they were, but she could not let go. She was angry at desmond for enlightening the others because she was afraid of loosing her son. She was afraid he would follow desmond and the candidates through the doors into the light.

Her own inability to let go was tied to the fact ythat she had killed her own son.

-Why did Eloise not want them to move on to heaven (or whatever it was)?

I don't think she cared about the candidates, she only cared about her son. She didn't want her son to leave her, and she wasn't willing to let go herself...

Anna Lusea also was not "ready" to let go.

There are many more. I can understand some things being for interpretation, like what happened to them all after Jack saves them, but cmon. I do not know, I just did not like it.

I didn't like the ending, mostly because it was an end to a really great show. I think it did wrap up the important questions.. I'll miss the show, it was really a terrific way to sepend tuesday evenings.

The journey was more fun and interesting ultimately than reaching the destination.

I thought the end of lost was fitting that they all met in a the alt universe (purgatory) and found redemption somewhere down the line it was an ending to a wonderful and unique show.

Did anyone notice the Statue when Locke pulled up to the church? I could have sworn it was a statue of Richard.

The little boy was Jacob.

Ok, but they why did the kid say, "you can't kill him". Jacob certainly knew he could be killed and knew the MIB was actively trying to do so.

Why was jacob a kid? Jacob was an adult when he was made the custodian of the island...

The kid makes no sense to me. I think I get the rest.

Ok, but they why did the kid say, "you can't kill him". Jacob certainly knew he could be killed and knew the MIB was actively trying to do so.

Why was jacob a kid? Jacob was an adult when he was made the custodian of the island...

I guess that is one of the mysteries of the show to why Jacob was a boy. But remember that same boy wanted the ashes from Hugo in the "What they died for" episode. The little boy told Hugo give me my ashes back and took the bag from Hugo and ran to where jacob was.

I think young Jacob said that in reference to Sawyer, because he was one of the candidates.

that was the most retarded ending ever. so the flash-sideways universe is nothing but a new age take on heaven?

so WHO exactly created that "reality?" and why did no one remember their real lives? it seems to me that if they wanted to make a place to meet together after they died, they wouldnt fabricate a ton of fake memories to make it harder to remember. and why was desmond getting them all together? his comments on the island make it seem like he was aware of the flash sideways but not that it was some sort of afterlife.

and if they created that reality, then why are eloise and daniel there? what was keamy? a fabrication or the real keamy? and whats indicated by the fact that he died in the flash-sideways? why are the oceanic 815ers so important that they get to create the alternate timeline after death?

basically, there are only two ways i can understand it - 1) only the people in the church at the end are real, and everyone else is fake (like david) or 2) everyone goes to the flashsideways timeline when they die and continue to live out their lives and die there, eventually of old age if nothing else.

lost definitely nuked the fridge here. very very disappointed. it pretty much makes everything that came before this seem pointless. nothing really mattered because they all ended up together anyways.

Everything was real. Just....different.

Here is my take on the final scene where they showed the wreckage:

When the show first premiered, it started with Jack waking up and discovering the chaotic crash scene on the beach. This time around, the show came to a close with Jack's eye closing and the scene on the beach was calm and serene. Very beautiful and a fitting end...

the little boy was what was left of Jacob's "soul" or "presence" on the island. He had to make sure he fully enlightened and placed the next protector of the island before he could move on. I'm guessing he was able to do this even though he died physically, because the candidates were still alive, thus preventing the MIB from leaving the island.

When he demanded the ashes from Hurly, i took that as him running around the corner, dumping the ashes in the fire, and assuming his adult form one last time in order to inform the candidates that one of them needed to take his spot.

The kid isn't really all that mind-boggling. He was what was left of a murdered Jacob until his job was done and he could move on. At least that's how i interpreted him for the most part.

I guess that is one of the mysteries of the show to why Jacob was a boy. But remember that same boy wanted the ashes from Hugo in the "What they died for" episode. The little boy told Hugo give me my ashes back and took the bag from Hugo and ran to where jacob was.

He also told Hugo, "they are mine", the ashes..... But I didn't necessarily take that to mean "they are me".

Again the boy is the only unanswered question of concequence to my mind.

No, the island was NOT purgatory.

Is this right?

Pretty much.

I think Limbo is a more accurate term.

Limbo is a good word.

He also told Hugo, "they are mine", the ashes..... But I didn't necessarily take that to mean "they are me".

Again the boy is the only unanswered question of concequence to my mind.

It was/is Jacob. Did you watch Across the Sea?

the little boy was what was left of Jacob's "soul" or "presence" on the island. He had to make sure he fully enlightened and placed the next protector of the island before he could move on. I'm guessing he was able to do this even though he died physically, because the candidates were still alive, thus preventing the MIB from leaving the island.

When he demanded the ashes from Hurly, i took that as him running around the corner, dumping the ashes in the fire, and assuming his adult form one last time in order to inform the candidates that one of them needed to take his spot.

The kid isn't really all that mind-boggling. He was what was left of a murdered Jacob until his job was done and he could move on. At least that's how i interpreted him for the most part.

Well that's as good an explanation as any. I just don't get it though. Jacob was appearing to hurley all season... What purpose did the boy serve, who also could only be seen by a few people? Why did the boy take the form of a child? Why did he tell MIB, you can't kill "him".... meaning me?

That one doesn't wrap up into a nice bow.

Well that's as good an explanation as any. I just don't get it though. Jacob was appearing to hurley all season... What purpose did the boy serve, who also could only be seen by a few people? Why did the boy take the form of a child? Why did he tell MIB, you can't kill "him".... meaning me?

That one doesn't wrap up into a nice bow.

That was in reference to MIB killing Sawyer (a candidate)

Archived