Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Orakpo is the true 2009 Defensive R.O.Y.

FatboysSkins

I don't know how many people have seen this yet, but Brian Cushing tested positive for steroid use and has been suspended for the first 4 games next year. I really thought that he deserved the defensive rookie of the year last year, but other then him who had a better rookie season as a defensive player then Orakpo. IMO the NFL front office should award Orakpo with the defensive rookie of the year award from last season just to prove a point and make an example that steroid use will not be tolerated. Orakpo deserves that award because he was just as dominaint and effective as Cushing but he did it the right way, with a hard work ethic . Whats your thoughts ES?:helmet:

He came in 4th

Cushing received 39 of 50 possible votes to win the AP NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year Tuesday. Bills safety Jairus Byrd finished second with six votes, while Cushing's college teammate Clay Matthews finished third with three votes. Redskins pass rush Brian Orakpo got two votes.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/01/05/cushing-wins-defensive-rookie-award-in-landslide/

Doesn't matter to me. I think we all know just how good he played last season and how that alone can make us look forward to seeing him this upcoming season. Here. Watch this and be glad he's our side. :D (Watch out around that 2:38 mark).

wlPgNKYI-Ms&feature=related

Until they find out he was on roids too....:silly:

I can't emphasize this statement right here enough. So many users in college football it isn't even funny. Start putting millions of dollars as a reward, and you'd most likely do them to.

I don't give a **** what any votes say (who are the 50 votes, by the way?). Orakpo is going to be the best player on this team since Sean Taylor. Orakpo's talent is absolutely incredible. He's my DROY, and he's going to have a Hall of Fame career. How many times did he rush last season? How many is he going to rush this season? Unstoppable.

Bookmark the post, because I, barring a ridiculous or tragic end to his career, will back this statement for the next decade of his domination of this league.

I don't give a **** what any votes say (who are the 50 votes, by the way?). Orakpo is going to be the best player on this team since Sean Taylor. Orakpo's talent is absolutely incredible. He's my DROY, and he's going to have a Hall of Fame career. How many times did he rush last season? How many is he going to rush this season? Unstoppable.

Bookmark the post, because I, barring a ridiculous or tragic end to his career, will back this statement for the next decade of his domination of this league.

You got me so hype with this post it almost makes me hate you!

MAN I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE SEASON!!!

:helmet:

Alot of interesting points in this thread...things that came to my head as well...

-Orakpo was rushing the QB as a part-time job....if Blatche had let him loose then he runs away with DROY, but at the end of the day Orakpo will come out of the bunch as the best defensive player in that draft

-another thing someone said is DPOY award for Orakpo. I plan on discussing this on CBS next work week. Haslett said he rushed the QB 250 times last year and got 11 sacks and then he said he plans on rushing Orakpo 750 times this season. If that don't have DPOY award written all over it then I don't know what to tell you

Hey ATLredskins...might want to minimize or get rid of that sig. Its way to big. Trust me I just got done a 3 day ban for having one to big.

As for orakpo I always thought he deserved the ROY even before these latest events.

Edit: dang I thought he came in second as well...4th...hogwash

Whatever his ranking, he had an exceptional rookie year. In some ways, I don't want him getting the title. I want him hungry.

-We all know he had an awsome rookie year. But your right keeping him hungry and more level headed might have been better than if he got rookie of the year. All I know is, I got to get me a #98 jersey, he should have a great carrer here with the skins!

I don't know how many people have seen this yet, but Brian Cushing tested positive for steroid use and has been suspended for the first 4 games next year..... Whats your thoughts ES?:helmet:

Great News. He'll miss the game against the Redskins in Wk2.

Archived