Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Something cool thread

Bang

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting. Maybe baby Marlins have a sail.

I have no investment in the debate. lol.

They showed pics side by side.  It could've gone either way, IMO.

awell!

Still really cool to hold a fish that powerful in the palm of your hand.

as a veteran myself, and somebody who has struggled mightily with alcohol addiction, I thought this was really cool....

at the end of the day, it was nothing more than a haircut and a new suit, but this video still touched me:

• Like 3

This is so cool it will probably give us all brain cancer or something.

From the "holy crap science is awesome" series..

~Bang

We had a thread on this about a year and a half ago and someone put it in the Random Though thread back in June.  It doesn't come up in a search though because it is an archived thread, I had a **** of a time finding the old thread.  I think it's cool, and would be curious to know what the latest is on this since it has been out there for a while now.  BTW, don't mention it to ASF, he's a little sensitive about it (see old thread for details).

A friend of mine came in 2nd (but 1st in rider choice voting) at this years Red Bull rampage, this was his helmet cam footage.  Absolutely insane.  

NBC will be showing the event on TV sometime in December, I'm looking forward to seeing all their camera angles.

Edited by HBnotBlades

That's a weird image.  Is Saturn transparent, so you can see the rings through it?  It looks more like a lens.  In the low def image Mars and Venus are not visible.  In the high def image they are just white dots, almost pointless in noting except for highlighting distance/scale.

This Unreal MIT Invention Allows You To Reach Through The Screen And Touch Things

The MIT Media Lab’s Tangible Media Group recently unveiled inFORM, its dynamic shape display, which, besides being the coolest tech invention we’ve seen in months, also allows you to interact with real objects by reaching through your screen.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-10795-1384397465-14

Here’s how they describe it:

Dynamic Shape Display that can render 3D content physically, so users can interact with digital information in a tangible way. inFORM can also interact with the physical world around it, for example moving objects on the table’s surface. Remote participants in a video conference can be displayed physically, allowing for a strong sense of presence and the ability to interact physically at a distance.

Click on the link for a video

A whittle goes a long way! Chinese wood art breaks record for longest carving out of single piece of timber

A Chinese artist has won a place in the Guinness Book of Records after creating the world's longest wooden carving.

Zheng Chunhui, a famous wood carver, spent four years creating the artwork which is over 40ft long and made from a single tree trunk.

The scene is actually a copy of the famous Chinese painting 'Along the River During the Qingming Festival' which was created over 1,000 years ago.

Though it has been replicated many times, Chunhui's version, which is made from a single piece of tree trunk, is surely the most spectacular.

The intricate work features boats, bridges, building and even 550 individually carved people.

The piece measures 12.286 meters long, is 3.075 meters tall at it highest point, and is also 2.401 meters wide

The original painting, referred to as the 'Chinese Mona Lisa' because of its fame, was completed during the Song Dynasty by artist Zhang Zeduan.

article-2509367-197BDB7400000578-683_964

article-2509367-197BDB4C00000578-405_964

article-2509367-197BDB6900000578-306_964

article-2509367-197BDB5D00000578-796_964

Click on the link for more

• Like 3