Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Something cool thread

Bang

If you go to the far right of the image and zoom in all the way you can see a person (sherpa?) standing near the top of the ridge and he appears to be looking right at the camera. Zoomed out you can't see him as he is just a speck.

Edit: Actually, now that I look at it closer it appears to be just a trick of the light (and shadows) that makes it look like a person. It isn't one.

Edited by China

• 4 weeks later...

the Everest picture,, all the way to the right, down near the bottom there are a group of blue buildings.. that will give some solid perspective.

And just to the right of that there is a group of people.

~Bang

Edited by Bang

the Everest picture,, all the way to the right, down near the bottom there are a group of blue buildings.. that will give some solid perspective.

And just to the right of that there is a group of people.

~Bang

And there is a person in front of one of the green tents on the left side of the blue buildings.

• 2 weeks later...

Shark-eating seal among rare and stunning scenes documented off South Africa

Chris and Monique Fallows have witnessed many extraordinary events while diving off South Africa.

But during two recent expeditions they captured wildly spectacular scenes that may never have been photographed: that of a voracious cape fur seal boldly snacking on large sharks; and dozens of blue sharks gathered around and gorging on an enormous ball of bait fish.

Of the former event, revealing the raw dynamics of the food chain, Chris Fallows said: "There were eight guests aboard our vessel, many of them seasoned wildlife enthusiasts. None had ever seen anything like this as sharks of this size are certainly not usually considered food for seals.

412313.jpg

412319.jpg

Click on the link for the full article

Owl unhurt behind grill after 60mph smash

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=S-VbSGjhA3E#!

A great horned owl had an amazing escape after it was hit at 60mph by a 4WD car on a US motorway.

Driver Sonji Coney Williams spotted the owl but couldn't avoid it as she drove south on the Florida Turnpike.

"I was driving about 60mph, he never moved, and so, I said 'Oh, my God, I hit a bird', and I felt so bad but it was very dark and we didn't pull over," she said.

Ms Williams assumed the bird had been killed, until the following day when it was spotted - alive - behind the radiator grill of her vehicle in Plantation, Florida.

Click on the link for the full article

Using super-futuristic tech to grant you "magical" power over computers, smartphones, and other nerd machines, MYO's an armband that measures the shifting electricity in forearm muscles, and can be programmed to translate movements like a flick of the wrist or a finger snap into everything from volume control, to page scrolling, to any other task that'd require much less energy to complete using a regular old mouse.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CprHRsa1OTo

This video represents a total elapsed time of over 21 hours.* The energy flowing along those magnetic loops is immense, enough to power our entire planet for many millennia. Note the part about a minute in when the size of the Earth is shown for comparison.

ran across this on you-tube. cartoonists must have eaten a few sugar cubes in the day. crazy stuff.

In my wheelhouse...

The dinosaur is Gertie, the first animated film of any kind. Audiences freaked out.

The white spook thing floating and contorting is an animated ''music video' by the Fleischer studio, for Cab Calloway's "St. James Infirmary".

it's long legs are an interpretation of his ever present white tux with tails, and his rubber legs.

DEFINITELY trippy. Completely done by hand.. that 90 seconds is probably 5,000 individual paintings. It starred Fleischer characters Betty Boop and Koko the clown. You'll note that Koko and the spook both mirror Calloway's signature moves.

Check this guy out if you never have... Cab calloway laid some major groundwork...the first minute of this one is him doing his dance that is animated above.

and should you ever wonder what was really up....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlAIOZiWrBc

~Bang

Edited by Bang