Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Something cool thread

Bang

Holy crap, that is an amazing video. So free and safe, so much control.

---------- Post added July-14th-2012 at 12:01 PM ----------

Dog welcomes soldier home after 8 months:

409671_492587427422443_756891183_n.jpg

Yes, it's a super cheesy FB thing, but dogs rule and it's still pretty cute. :)

Holy crap, that is an amazing video. So free and safe, so much control.

Yes, it's a super cheesy FB thing, but dogs rule and it's still pretty cute. :)

Yeah I thought so too, at first the dive was stressing me out, and then I became peaceful, and then I was like okay dude come up for air, lol.

And the dog thing, no irony lost on me....http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?366923-Post-Something-Beautiful&p=9049503&viewfull=1#post9049503

July-14th-2012 12:23 PM #78

SWFLSkins

Cheers SWFL.

http://www.ehow.com/how_8735845_use-glass-bottles-make-windows.html

steve-dave-cementing-the-bottles.jpg

http://earthship.com/designs

earthship_biotecture_overview.jpg

---------- Post added July-14th-2012 at 01:54 PM ----------

541378_10151023324926037_1764813141_n.jpg

A heart-shaped meadow, planted 15 years ago by a farmer as a tribute to his late wife, can be seen in South Gloucestershire, England. He used 6,000 oak trees across a six-acre field, with the heart pointing in the direction of her childhood home.

http://yhoo.it/M7NCs8

---------- Post added July-14th-2012 at 01:56 PM ----------

599736_391674594214768_1234560189_n.jpg

---------- Post added July-14th-2012 at 02:17 PM ----------

National Marine Fisheries Service researchers have found that certain specific individuals of tiger sharks have tuned into the breeding habits of numerous species and travel in a "ring of death" around the pacific, picking off the young and tasty from fledging albatross to seal pups, baby sea turtles, and other sea creatures. Here in French Frigate Shoals in the Northwestern Hawaiian Chain, the sharks arrive within days of the first fledging albatross and leave within days of the last to continue their thousand plus mile circuit of finding the freshest meat the ocean has to offer. Photo courtesy of US Fish and Wildlife Service.

P.S. That is an adult tiger shark in waist-deep water. You can see the small wave breaking in the lower right corner. Happy Shark Week!!!

293751_496202827061364_131678480_n.jpg

That's so cool KB, I know here in Florida the Everglades restoration project has tried to include animal crossings as much as possible and they mount camera's at those points to do counts and follow activity especially of the Panthers.

Airboat ride in the Everglades. Been on this before with the kids, it beats many coasters for sure.

That's really cool SWFL

For every awful story like this you hear.

http://worldnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/07/10/12662146-up-to-20000-sea-turtle-eggs-crushed-by-bulldozers-on-caribbean-island?lite

You get two of these now a days down here.

http://sierraclub.typepad.com/michaelbrune/2012/07/puerto-rico-turltles-northeast-ecological-corridor-sierra-club.html

I love that we are finally doing much more to help animals adapt in the world we've adapted for them.

Great video btw

That's really cool SWFL

For every awful story like this you hear.

http://worldnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/07/10/12662146-up-to-20000-sea-turtle-eggs-crushed-by-bulldozers-on-caribbean-island?lite

You get two of these now a days down here.

I love that we are finally doing much more to help animals adapt in the world we've adapted for them.

Great video btw

Yeah except for the fact that the guy is lifting a gator out of the water. He should not be doing that and has since ran into trouble or at least one of his Captains has. I go to another company right next to this guy Doug. Great story about the turtles in the second link, they just don't have the capacity to recover so we have to protect them. Recently Debbie destroyed some loggerhead nests here and all the eggs were saved and watched over until they hatched and made the Gulf.

I am hoping to find a story to post for you about this guy and what happens when you feed a gator...and pay the price....

EVERGLADES CITY -

An Everglades airboat captain lost his hand after an alligator bit it off Tuesday, according to officers with Florida Fish and Wildlife.

Officials we spoke to say the victim, 63-year-old Wallace Weatherholt, works for Captain Doug's Everglades Tours in Everglades City.

An FWC spokesperson says Weatherholt put six other people's lives in danger when the attack happened just before 4 p.m.

Witness Judy Chroniak-Hatt says Weatherholt was hanging a fish over the side of the boat, and the nine-foot alligator jumped up and grabbed it, then went back into the water.

The gator jumped up again, this time getting its two front feet inside the boat, according to Chroniak-Hatt. She said she thought the reptile was going to tip the boat, which was carrying herself, two other women, two young children and Weatherholt.

She says the guide lost his hand when he was patting the water, trying to get the alligator to come up again.

"I was sitting there in the seat thinking, is this thing really biting him or is he playing a game," she says.

Chroniak-Hatt said Weatherholt stayed calm while they waited for help to arrive.

FWC crews caught and killed the alligator, then retrieved Weatherholt's hand from the animal's stomach.

The hand was sent to Naples Community Hospital, where Weatherholt was taken, but employee's at Captain Doug's said they were told the hand could not be reattached.

Weatherholt was later transferred to Tampa General Hospital.

FWC says this unfortunate incident is a reminder of why it is illegal to touch, harass or feed alligators.

"I was kind of freaked out about that because that's kind of weird," said Everglades City resident Sarah Goff. "You don't feed them. They can get used to that and get aggressive."

Weatherholt could be charged with second degree misdemeanor and face up to six months in jail if found guilty. FWC says the incident is being investigated as a criminal act.

Locals who say they know the victim told us he is a very kind man.

http://www.nbc-2.com/story/18770750/2012/06/12/airboat-captains-hand-bitten-off-by-gator

Edited by SWFLSkins

Yeah, a kind man to people, but obviously not gators. *******. Almost got everybody hurt and they call it an attack by the gator. Sounds like the gator was minding its business until captain asshat decided to bait it.

Yes, it's cool to see a gator or any animal, especially a predator, but dn't do dumb **** to endanger them.

I'm glad he paid the price, feel bad for the gator.

Yeah, a kind man to people, but obviously not gators. *******. Almost got everybody hurt and they call it an attack by the gator. Sounds like the gator was minding its business until captain asshat decided to bait it.

Yes, it's cool to see a gator or any animal, especially a predator, but dn't do dumb **** to endanger them.

I'm glad he paid the price, feel bad for the gator.

Thing is if they don't get fed they want nothing to do with people. Even if your swimming they go the other way, you know if a gator comes to you they have been feed and will look at you as if you are a food source, you, your hand or whatever. Gators once corrupted have to be destroyed, really a shame. The Captain here not only lost his hand, he faces actually jail time. This happened inside a National Park I think or at the least a State park, so he is in big trouble. It is illegal to feed, bait or harass a gator unless you are a licensed trapper.

Cat makes 6-mile trek back to NH home

BEDFORD, N.H. (AP) - Animal rescue league officials say they don't know how a black cat walked about 6 miles in three days to find his way back home in New Hampshire.

Wollie the cat has been reunited with Barbara Oliphant.

She began caring for the stray last summer. But when her husband was hospitalized with a stroke, she said she couldn't give Wollie much attention and turned him over to the Animal Rescue League of New Hampshire in Bedford in early June.

Her husband began getting better, and Oliphant missed Wollie - a name that came from her husband's nickname, "Oli" - terribly. Her daughter secretly adopted the 3-year-old cat on June 23 with the intention of surprising her mother with the return of her much-missed pet, but Wollie poked a paw through his zippered carrier in the parking lot and escaped.

Three days later, Oliphant said she spotted Wollie crossing a road leading to the house.

"I just felt it was a miracle," she said. "I felt the cat wanted us."

He ate three cans of cat food and slept for about 24 hours.

Click on the link for the full article