Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Something cool thread

Bang

546603_461293937218920_427481527266828_1918491_2100251732_n.jpg

The mantis shrimp is one of the most incredible creatures found in our oceans. Over millions of years, it has equipped itself with an arsenal to rival that of any other organism, besting the limits of human technology on more than one front.

Firstly, it packs the biggest punch of any predator, with a sophisticated muscle mechanism allowing speeds in excess of 50mph to be attained. Couple this with the ability to create extreme low pressure behind it's extended arm, causing the water to spontaneously boil, no prey stands a chance. This action releases intense energy, enough to break sheets of glass. For a very interesting TED talk on exactly this, visit: http://www.ted.com/talks/sheila_patek_clocks_the_fastest_animals.html

That is not all. The mantis shrimp has the most sophisticated and extensive eyes of any known creature. With their unique shape and composition, the shrimp can see in most directions simultaneously, as well as observing more of the spectrum than us humans, both at the infra-red and ultra-violet ends. This excellent asset, coupled with the killer punch, makes the mantis shrimp one of the most effective predators in the world, as well as being one of the most beautiful. The in-depth explanation for this exquisite sight can be found here:

http://scubageek.com/articles/mantis_eye.pdf

Win4us,

This is what you could get with your promotion :) I wanted to put up the better video but it had bad language :(

Daaaaamn! I was going to get me a 2012 Jeep wrangler this weekend but you've def given me second thoughts now.

That thing looks so damn fun though!!!

Daaaaamn! I was going to get me a 2012 Jeep wrangler this weekend but you've def given me second thoughts now.

Get a Rubi, drop in a long arm 4" suspension lift and some 31" aggressive tires with tubes in them and you can go just about anywhere.

I passed on a 05' unlimited Rubi with 35k for $7k a few years ago and have kicked myself since.

I'll keep my eyes open for what the lots have Kool. The Rubicon is actually the model i'd like too.

Dana 44's front and rear with factory air lockers and 4,10s and electric disconnects for the sway bars, 4-1 low in the Tcase and a 6 speed manuel. Sick, just absolutely the baddest vehicle to roll off the line since the muscle of the late 60's.

I actually wanted a jeep just like this (setup and everything, except different rims). But that other video I posted, that thing is crazy awesome. I believe they build them in Charlotte, NC.

3651819821_a09c0f7e2e_o.jpg

So I dont have video or any pictures sorry, but my little nephew played his first two games in CASL soccer tournament today. The second game we (Dolphins) were down 4-7 with one more substitution left. We put in a new lineup and we scored 4 goals in 6 minutes to win the game. It was Awesome. Parents were screaming etc.. My nephew did a 180 juke move to tie up the score. It was a great day to say the least!!!

Actually I found a picture:) My nephew is a Skins fan. I had to talk to him some because we have a family member whos moved to Philly. I dont want to talk about it. I think superbowls says enough

phototw.jpg

Edited by amm0409

I actually wanted a jeep just like this (setup and everything, except different rims). But that other video I posted, that thing is crazy awesome. I believe they build them in Charlotte, NC.

PIC

LOL, seems you and Koolblue think alike with the monster jeeps. Hell i was gonna keep it relatively simple with maybe 32's on it.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/man-survives-2-400-foot-helicopter-jump-without-192536145.html

Man survives 2,400-foot helicopter jump without a parachute

Stuntman Gary Connery has pulled off a truly amazing feat, jumping 2,400 from a helicopter and landing safely on the ground without the use of a parachute. The 42-year-old Connery made his landing on top of 18,600 cardboard boxes in a stunt captured live on video by the London Telegraph.

Wow---video at link

Edited by Jumbo

Win4us,

This is what you could get with your promotion :) I wanted to put up the better video but it had bad language :(

On the Jeep update i ended up buying this model. I know it's nowhere near as cool as the hopped up ones you and Kool suggested but i like my warranty, lol.

Went ahead and treated myself even though my promotion/stripe doesn't kick in til November.

[ATTACH]46875[/ATTACH]

Def have to get some grubbier tires once the snow starts tho.

Edited by Win4us

On the Jeep update i ended up buying this model. I know it's nowhere near as cool as the hopped up ones you and Kool suggested but i like my warranty, lol.

Went ahead and treated myself even though my promotion/stripe doesn't kick in til November.

[ATTACH]46875[/ATTACH]

Congrads on joining the jeeper family. Get some tires on that thing and go find some trails.

[ATTACH]46875[/ATTACH]

Congrats on both the stripe and Jeep...just curious, what branch?