Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Post-Draft Haynesworth Trade Ideas

method man

What am I in denial about? I don't think it's a good thing that Haynesworth didn't go to voluntary workouts. I just recognize that it's his choice and he's putting himself at risk if he doesn't show up to mandatory activities in shape. Until that time, I'm just going to go by what Shanahan and Allen tell us about the situation.

You, on the other hand, are reacting to a problem that has yet to develop.

The problem is already there! This is the same guy who publicly bashed his coaching staff here last season. This is the same guy who went behind his coach's back to complain to his owner. This is the same guy who did the same routine last season that he is doing now and showed up out-of-shape.

It is something Oakland is starting to do in trades. They did a similar thing for Seymour last season, sending a 2011 1st for him.

i think this is the reason that they gave up a 2012 pick. they are already down their first next season. im just wondering that since it was two years out and draft picks are de-valued when they are for future drafts if the skins tried to negotiate a third.

The problem is already there! This is the same guy who publicly bashed his coaching staff here last season. This is the same guy who went behind his coach's back to complain to his owner. This is the same guy who did the same routine last season that he is doing now and showed up out-of-shape.

You just described multiple players on our roster. This is a new FO, one that is actually equipped to handle these guys much more effectively than Zorn and Cerrato ever could.

:beatdeadhorse::beatdeadhorse::beatdeadhorse: Damn what will it take for people to STOP with the INSANITY already ? Mike Shanahan and Bruce Allen BOTH have said Haynesworth is N-O-T going to be traded nor is he on the trading block. So far both Shanny and Allen have been truthful.I have no reason to believe this "article" is true. Didn't that ******* JLC state REPEATEDLY and EMPHATICALLY that Haynesworth was going to be traded Friday?? Nothing that the media says is true/haapening/going to happen has.

Check this out:

So far, there’s been no movement with other Redskins believed to be on the block: running back Clinton Portis, safety LaRon Landry, and defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth. However, that hardly means that Haynesworth is going to be playing for new coach Mike Shanahan very much, if at all, this season.

You know damn well Clinton Portis is not on the Skins trading block that outright bull****. Landry and/or Haynesworth have only been metioned with the deal w/the igggles for Mc5. If these so called journalists and insiders had any real clout/sources all this **** would've been reported at the time these events actually were rumored to occur. More importantly why the hell would we trade any of these guys AFTER the ****ing draft:beatdeadhorse:???

Now let's move on to this pile of hot steaming ****:

In Washington, that kind of dump trade for Haynesworth just isn’t going to sit well with Snyder even if he has given Shanahan permission to do whatever is deemed necessary.

“Let’s just say, this has to be done carefully,” the Washington source said.

The plan is for the Redskins to essentially build a case against Haynesworth for Snyder while hoping that the price on Haynesworth goes up. A price increase for players is typical as the season gets closer or after it starts. Teams realize that the players they picked in the draft and free agency don’t fill their needs.

:ols::ols: really? says who "The Sourcer"?? we didn't need a 1st round athletic LT...or a qb who knows the NFC East, or two more OL men, a fullback/hback/te who looks mean as hell (on film and field:D),no it's good not to have depth with lb in a 3-4 defense or groom one in case of injury or trade?? nah sane people wouldn't do that...we have a receiver who looks like he'll be a special teams mainstay.....nah none of these picks fill any needs...all we need is Jason Campbell so these lazy ass D.C reporters can gleam a few nuggets on the happenings at Redskins Park.

Now let's forget Haynesworth's OWN words on that Sirius radio interview a few months back.Shanahan,Haslett,Mc5, and others say they have spoken to #92 SEVERAL times. Nah they just had that 1 convo:rolleyes:.

Whoever this loser idiot writer is destined:fortune: for continued failure.

I love the "Make the stupid people shut up" picture you put up. Maybe you should apply that to yourself. After all, it looks like you've never learned grammar despite presumably having at least an education past middle school.

What the writer means by "Teams realize that the players they picked in the draft and free agency don’t fill their needs" is that teams realize that some of those rookies they ended up taking who they thought would fill their needs are actually not NFL ready and should not be seeing the field. This makes perfect sense.

Jason Cole is an award-winning veteran writer who has covered the league for nearly 20 years. It is reasonable to assume that he has built enough relationships in the league to get inside information. Yahoo Sports, which is the number one hub for online sports, would not hire this man if they suspected he was making up sources.

You just described multiple players on our roster. This is a new FO, one that is actually equipped to handle these guys much more effectively than Zorn and Cerrato ever could.

To their credit, Landry and Portis are cooperating with the new coaching staff thus far. Haynesworth, on the other hand, is not.

The Jags are looking to move Henderson.

Awesome. In that case Haynesworth and Monty for Henderson and Knighton would be a good deal for us. Henderson is an excellent fit for the 3-4 as a DE with his containment ability and excelled in this role when Jacksonville briefly went to it recently. He would be like Haloti Ngata. Knighton was awesome in the 3-4 NT role when this happened.

I believe Jacksonville has reverted to a 4-3 and Haynesworth would be a better fit than Henderson and Knighton. Monty would basically be a throw-in in this deal.

DE: Henderson/Golston

NT: Knighton/Maake

DE: Carriker/Jarmon/Daniels

This would be one heckuva D-Line that looks very deep.

Awesome. In that case Haynesworth and Monty for Henderson and Knighton would be a good deal for us. Henderson is an excellent fit for the 3-4 as a DE with his containment ability and excelled in this role when Jacksonville briefly went to it recently. He would be like Haloti Ngata. Knighton was awesome in the 3-4 NT role when this happened.

Henderson is much less mobile than Haynesworth and could NOT play DE in a 3-4 like Haynesworth can in theory.

What we need to do is get Big AL into camp and into shape. Once he realizes we are going to run a hybrid 3-4 / 4-3 and he will have plenty of opportunity to rush the passer and revitalize his career he will be right back on board.

Big AL is a machine when motivated but he had to deal with an absentee DC last season and the fact that Snyder lied to him when luring him into DC. If / when we get the motivated AL back its going to be a nasty defense here in DC, Haynesworth just needs to buy into the system and not feel like he is going to waste away here in DC.

Henderson is much less mobile than Haynesworth and could NOT play DE in a 3-4 like Haynesworth can in theory.

What we need to do is get Big AL into camp and into shape. Once he realizes we are going to run a hybrid 3-4 / 4-3 and he will have plenty of opportunity to rush the passer and revitalize his career he will be right back on board.

Big AL is a machine when motivated but he had to deal with an absentee DC last season and the fact that Snyder lied to him when luring him into DC. If / when we get the motivated AL back its going to be a nasty defense here in DC, Haynesworth just needs to buy into the system and not feel like he is going to waste away here in DC.

There is no arguing that Henderson isn't as good as Haynesworth, which is why we would also be getting one of the best young NTs in the game in Knighton to make up the difference.

There's also something to be said for substituting a real leader who has stayed pretty healthy his whole career for an oft-injured malcontent.

This is the same guy who did the same routine last season that he is doing now and showed up out-of-shape.
Actually I remember reading that he went to all the team activities last year as he was the shiny new toy to show off. London never attended any of our voluntary activities before this year and nobody cared. This is a manufactured controversy that will blow over once real football stuff starts.

He was doing the same thing last offseason as well and he showed up fat and out of shape. The same result is likely to happen again.

This is FALSE. He worked out with the team last offseason, and thought the trainers sucked

There is no arguing that Henderson isn't as good as Haynesworth, which is why we would also be getting one of the best young NTs in the game in Knighton to make up the difference.

There's also something to be said for substituting a real leader who has stayed pretty healthy his whole career for an oft-injured malcontent.

you are setting a record for bad posts, method.

let's work on that together:

haynesworth practiced here last year in the offseason. our program was terrible (there are countless witnesses to this on the roster) and our team was terrible. AH wants to be the best player to ever play his position and he felt that being in our program hurt him more than helped him. the titans didn't throw a fit when he was in a contract year and chose to work in the exact same program he is now, and then he went out and made the pro bowl.

so there is some real information about voluntary workouts.

haynesworth is not a cancer. what he is is a guy who has an individual drive that more players should have. he wants to be the best, he wants to win, and he wants his name on a HoF ballot. how many guys on this team think like that? how many guys who come to this town have motivation like that? and how many guys are here to collect a paycheck? this man doesn't care about money, he has more than he'll ever need. he saw a system and a spotlight where he could become an icon, then in a year everything has been changed and he's been thrown out of the plan. we brought in the #1 free agent and we should have built a defense around him, instead we misused him and now have switched to a system that he was never meant for.

so there is some information about being a malcontent.

and as you attempt to throw him under the bus, i want you to remember how bad our team was in terms of sacks before he got here. two guys (one being a rookie) almost eclipsed our sack total from the previous year. hell haynesworth himself tied the leading sacker from the year before he got here and he missed, what, 3 games? the guy is a weapon, but if you don't use him right then everybody loses.

Wait.

Let me get this straight.

You took a Yahoo Sports article that was written during the Draft & timestamped posted to the web at 4pm Saturday & posted it here after 2AM Sunday morning.

Really?

It is something Oakland is starting to do in trades. They did a similar thing for Seymour last season, sending a 2011 1st for him.

This isn't a 1st rounder. It's a ****ing 4th.

We traded Jason Campbell for a 4th round pick in 2012.

Consider this: one day we may look back and have stolen Donovan McNabb, and if so I'm OK with losing out on the Campbell trade, because he was a dead man walking here after that went down. But if McNabb fails here, we're big big losers.

Wait.

Let me get this straight.

You took a Yahoo Sports article that was written during the Draft & timestamped posted to the web at 4pm Saturday & posted it here after 2AM Sunday morning.

Really?

The author is talking about post-draft scenarios. You didn't really think he meant all these possibilities for the last half hour of the draft, did you?

How is he a cancer? The reason he's not attending voluntary workouts is because he's training on his how own with his old trainer from his Titan days when he was getting MVP votes. He's not missing because he doesn't want to be in a 3-4, he's missing because he wants to get up to the level where he can perform his best and at this point in the offseason he prefers to do it on his own.

Do you believe everything you hear?

you are setting a record for bad posts, method.

haynesworth practiced here last year in the offseason. our program was terrible (there are countless witnesses to this on the roster) and our team was terrible. AH wants to be the best player to ever play his position and he felt that being in our program hurt him more than helped him. the titans didn't throw a fit when he was in a contract year and chose to work in the exact same program he is now, and then he went out and made the pro bowl...

Whereas I don't think its important for AH to be at workouts the entire off-season, I can't justify his missing voluntary minicamps at his salary level, especially when a new defense is being installed. If three days away from his trainer is too critical for him to miss, then he better come back ripped. I think realistically something is wrong and he either doesn't want to come back or isn't wanted back.

Was there a change in program from 2008 to 2009? The defense was pretty good in 2008 (ranked 4th). With a much easier schedule in 2009, they were ranked 10th. I'm not blaming the drop on AH, but I find it hard to believe that the conditioning program was to blame. To be honest, I can't name another player on the defense whose problem appeared to be conditioning.

How is he a cancer? The reason he's not attending voluntary workouts is because he's training on his how own with his old trainer from his Titan days when he was getting MVP votes. He's not missing because he doesn't want to be in a 3-4, he's missing because he wants to get up to the level where he can perform his best and at this point in the offseason he prefers to do it on his own.

People say he is a cancer, but his personal time is his time. He has a contractual obligation to be in shape when the mandatory work starts. How would you like it if you were threatened with loosing you job for exercising your rights. The owners agreed in the CBA that this is voluntary work. It boarders on illegal to threaten a punitive action for something that is voluntary.

The perception that he is being selfish by working out on his own is a bit self centered on our part. He is in keeping with his contract, he is in keeping with good character by explaining his actions face to face with the coach and not being abrasive in the media.

Also, he was considered 1 year ago in the top 5 lineman in the NFL. We finally could get pressure without the blitz and people want to trade him. I just shake my head.

Archived