Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Post-Draft Haynesworth Trade Ideas

method man

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Agqu8kqqgf6aHSub_myoW2Y5nYcB?slug=jc-redskinsmoves042410

According to this article, we are still looking to move Haynesworth. Here are a couple:

Haynesworth to Jacksonville for Terrance Knighton & a 5th in 2011

Knighton is an emerging young nose tackle for the Jaguars who is coming off a nice rookie season. He could potentially be our Casey Hampton for the next 10 years and is still cheap because he has 2 years + a tender year to go on his rookie contract.

Haynesworth works well with Henderson, his old college teammate, and Alualu. You could have all 3 on the field at the same time because all 3 can rotate out to DE

Haynesworth to Houston for Connor Barwin, Frank Okam, and a 2011 3rd

Connor Barwin was a guy I was really high on last season and he didn't disappoint. In limited playing time last year, he notched 3.5 sacks. He is an even better fit in our 3-4 scheme and would be an awesome rush linebacker opposite Orakpo. In college, he only played DE his senior year so there is still a lot of upside for this excellent athlete [he was on Cincy's bball team].

We could go after Okoye but he doesn't fit the 3-4. I think Okam would be a nice target to go after as a young NT who could potentially serve as the anchor of our DLine. Along with these two, it would be nice to get a Day 2 pick for next season

Give it a rest, please. Drink your milk and have a cookie and go to bed.

Man, these threads are getting old.

They really are. We paid him the 21 million bonus so lets do the smart thing and keep him. Unless some team is willing to trade a 1st for AH, it's better to keep him. Now can we PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD stop all these "trading AH" threads. Thanks in advance.

WHYYYYY is this even a post?!?!?!?!

We wont believe when Shanahan and Allen, OUR GM, COACH, DIRECTOR OF PLAYER PERSONNEL, GUYS THAT ARE RUNNING THE TEAM are saying Haynesworth isnt going anywhere

BUUUUTT

some random guy on yahoo sports says he is up for trade and we believe it????????? i dont care if he created yahoo sports, 20 years of REPORTING vs. the two men making the decisions.

your right, we should believe this guy cuz he knows

All the Haynesworth trade speculation from media nad fans is like a bad dream that never ends. The people in charge at Redskins Park say it's not going to happen, the media says it's going down multiple days during the draft. The draft come/goes, redskins FO says it's not going to happen again. Media reports continue to surface. At what point does the media/fans wait to see what happens or accept the FO at their word?

I see Haynesworth in much the same light as Deion Sanders post 2000.

Deion was happy when Norv was here and came in when the team was running a loose ship where accountability for stars was a foreign notion.

When Marty came in Deion immediately started to agitate and ended up being released by the organization. There was no way Deion was going to come in and follow the 'new' program. Every day of keeping up the charade was just prolonging the pain and suffering for everyone.

Haynesworth experienced the same lax environment in 2009 under Zorn and is now upset that he is being asked to be part of a team rather than being able to stand apart as an individual with his own way of carrying on.

It's really the same change. Haynesworth is being asked to be a guy that plays in a team scheme, same as Deion in 2001. A little less individual glory and a bit more attendance at team events and responsibility in the offseason.

If Snyder is serious he will allow Allen and Shanahan to unloaded Haynesworth before he becomes too big a distraction here.

The compensation at this point is a secondary objective. No, the Redskins don't want to give up Haynesworth for a #4 pick or a 32 year old guard.

But holding out for a #1 pick or a combination of #2 and a pro bowl player is a bit much to expect.

He is a great player but we need to get rid of the cancers. Winning teams do not let cancers act out like this.

Care to explain the "acting out" you are accusing him of? Perhaps its when he went to the media and explained how he tried to talk to Blache about changing things up, only to be told to go away and sit down? Perhaps its being interviewed MULTIPLE times and saying he is ok with whatever the coaching staff wants him to do? Perhaps it was him being the only one to come to D-Hall's defense during the Atlanta game when he was being ganged up on by the entire Atlanta sideline? Yep he is a real cancer in our locker room.

Dont even say the idea of him not training with the team is him being a cancer. Was Sean Taylor a cancer? How about Springs? Landry? They all did and it no one cared as much as they do now. News flash, if him training away from the team, however he wants to do it and whomever he wants to do it with will have him in his Tennessee playing shape then so be it. I couldn't care less if his training consisted of him playing horseshoes in his backyard. As long as he is in shape when he is mandated to be there, so be it.

Deion was happy when Norv was here and came in when the team was running a loose ship where accountability for stars was a foreign notion.

When Marty came in Deion immediately started to agitate and ended up being released by the organization. There was no way Deion was going to come in and follow the 'new' program. Every day of keeping up the charade was just prolonging the pain and suffering for everyone.

Haynesworth experienced the same lax environment in 2009 under Zorn and is now upset that he is being asked to be part of a team rather than being able to stand apart as an individual with his own way of carrying on.

It's really the same change. Haynesworth is being asked to be a guy that plays in a team scheme, same as Deion in 2001. A little less individual glory and a bit more attendance at team events and responsibility in the offseason.

If Snyder is serious he will allow Allen and Shanahan to unloaded Haynesworth before he becomes too big a distraction here.

The compensation at this point is a secondary objective. No, the Redskins don't want to give up Haynesworth for a #4 pick or a 32 year old guard.

But holding out for a #1 pick or a combination of #2 and a pro bowl player is a bit much to expect.

I think you are stretching with the comparison.

If Haynesworth fails to report for a mandatory OTA or camp then you have a case. If when the season starts he does not show effort or limps off every second snap you have a case. Right now there is a bit of smoke and the hint of fire but nothing of substance to justify shipping one of the best DT's in the NFL out of town weeks after we paid him $21M - at least in my opinion. Certainly not for a 2nd or 3rd round pick.

Meanwhile while he may be a touch of a distraction to some teammates right now if he plays anywhere close to his potential he will cease to be a distraction to anything other than opposing offense lines who work out how the heck to block him. Meanwhile his teammates on defense will be delighted as Haynesworth gets doubled every snap leaving Orakpo singled up screaming around tackles and TE's trying to chip him on his path to the QB.

If we get an offer which is too good to turn down fine. Otherwise we are paying coaches millions to put players in the best position to succeed and motivate them to perform. Lets see them earn that money by finding ways to get one of the best defensive players in the NFL being productive in a Redskins uniform.

We need more good players not less.

He is a great player but we need to get rid of the cancers. Winning teams do not let cancers act out like this.

Nobody complains on a winning team. That's why. It's not like Randy Moss was ****ing when they were 16-0. Haynesworth is the best player on our team and in contention for one of the best defensive players in the league. Threads like this would be laughable if moronic posts similar to yours weren't underscored with profound seriousness. Trade our best player away for peanuts? yeah, ok, makes sense.

:jerk:

My God the people on this site are just as clueless and brain dead as JLC and the rest of the media. SHOW ME where he said he was upset or unhappy with the FO/Coaching staff? Well? He NEVER said it. Stop making **** up to prove a point. Its beyond annoying and childish.

This is exactly my thinking. Great coaches will make the tough decision of keeping away their star players from the rest of the team if they are a distraction.

Jon Gruden, for example, deactivated Keyshawn Johnson when he became a cancer.

Andy Reid suspended TO in 2005 for most of the season.

WHYYYYY is this even a post?!?!?!?!

We wont believe when Shanahan and Allen, OUR GM, COACH, DIRECTOR OF PLAYER PERSONNEL, GUYS THAT ARE RUNNING THE TEAM are saying Haynesworth isnt going anywhere

BUUUUTT

some random guy on yahoo sports says he is up for trade and we believe it????????? i dont care if he created yahoo sports, 20 years of REPORTING vs. the two men making the decisions.

your right, we should believe this guy cuz he knows

The people who believe only Shanahan and Allen are rubes...plain and simple. What do you think these two are going to say? If these two say, "We are shopping Albert around," Haynesworth's value takes a hit. Add that to the creation of a very awkward situation if we are unable to unload him on another team.

The people who believe only Shanahan and Allen are rubes...plain and simple. What do you think these two are going to say? If these two say, "We are shopping Albert around," Haynesworth's value takes a hit. Add that to the creation of a very awkward situation if we are unable to unload him on another team.

You have to understand that they have already paid this man. A team would have to pay them back the money they just paid him, and give us fair compensation for the player. Most people knew this wasn't gonna happen. So while all of the media (except Adam Schefler) were talking trades, anyone really looking at the situation knew he was going no where.

So it only makes sense to believe SOME of what Shanahan and Allen are saying. If they could trade him, get some of that money back and get fair compensation for Al, it would be a bigger trade than the McNabb one just off of what the other team would have had to give up. I believe they were listening to offer, but not making the calls. Nothing short of a top 10 pick, second and third round pick and then some would be equal to what we paid for Albert as well as his ability. He's too good a player and cost us too much for us to give him up for what the rest of the media was throwing out there. A 3rd round pick is crazy. Media's been wrong about this team all offseason. They don't know what to think

Amen.

I had to take a shower I felt so dirty after how badly we got raped on the JC trade to Oakland. Honestly, I've never heard of trading picks two years in advance for a player. I think we set a new precedent on that one.

I dont know that we got raped. Leftwich just got traded for a low 7th rounder. People arent giving a lot up.

And teams do trade two years in advanvce. We did it for Kendall to the Jets for a 4th rounder and the Patriots did it for Seymour to the Raiders for their first next year.

The best part of the JC trade is that if it does help them win a few extra games, it totally screws the Patriots for next year.

Archived