Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Post-Draft Haynesworth Trade Ideas

method man

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Agqu8kqqgf6aHSub_myoW2Y5nYcB?slug=jc-redskinsmoves042410

According to this article, we are still looking to move Haynesworth. Here are a couple:

Haynesworth to Jacksonville for Terrance Knighton & a 5th in 2011

Knighton is an emerging young nose tackle for the Jaguars who is coming off a nice rookie season. He could potentially be our Casey Hampton for the next 10 years and is still cheap because he has 2 years + a tender year to go on his rookie contract.

Haynesworth works well with Henderson, his old college teammate, and Alualu. You could have all 3 on the field at the same time because all 3 can rotate out to DE

Haynesworth to Houston for Connor Barwin, Frank Okam, and a 2011 3rd

Connor Barwin was a guy I was really high on last season and he didn't disappoint. In limited playing time last year, he notched 3.5 sacks. He is an even better fit in our 3-4 scheme and would be an awesome rush linebacker opposite Orakpo. In college, he only played DE his senior year so there is still a lot of upside for this excellent athlete [he was on Cincy's bball team].

We could go after Okoye but he doesn't fit the 3-4. I think Okam would be a nice target to go after as a young NT who could potentially serve as the anchor of our DLine. Along with these two, it would be nice to get a Day 2 pick for next season

Nothing less then a 2011 first at this point

Amen.

I had to take a shower I felt so dirty after how badly we got raped on the JC trade to Oakland. Honestly, I've never heard of trading picks two years in advance for a player. I think we set a new precedent on that one.

Amen.

I had to take a shower I felt so dirty after how badly we got raped on the JC trade to Oakland. Honestly, I've never heard of trading picks two years in advance for a player. I think we set a new precedent on that one.

It is something Oakland is starting to do in trades. They did a similar thing for Seymour last season, sending a 2011 1st for him.

He is a great player but we need to get rid of the cancers. Winning teams do not let cancers act out like this.

How is he a cancer? The reason he's not attending voluntary workouts is because he's training on his how own with his old trainer from his Titan days when he was getting MVP votes. He's not missing because he doesn't want to be in a 3-4, he's missing because he wants to get up to the level where he can perform his best and at this point in the offseason he prefers to do it on his own.

It is something Oakland is starting to do in trades. They did a similar thing for Seymour last season, sending a 2011 1st for him.

Truth. That, and the fact that next year is up in the air. We were concerned as to the potential of a lockout. How much would it suck if we got an extra pick next year, and it went to waste because there isn't even any football next year?

How is he a cancer? The reason he's not attending voluntary workouts is because he's training on his how own with his old trainer from his Titan days when he was getting MVP votes. He's not missing because he doesn't want to be in a 3-4, he's missing because he wants to get up to the level where he can perform his best and at this point in the offseason he prefers to do it on his own.

He was doing the same thing last offseason as well and he showed up fat and out of shape. The same result is likely to happen again.

Truth. That, and the fact that next year is up in the air. We were concerned as to the potential of a lockout. How much would it suck if we got an extra pick next year, and it went to waste because there isn't even any football next year?

Whether or not there is a lockout next season, there will still be a draft.

They could send us a 2014 1st for haynesworth and I would be happy... It's been 10 years since we have had 2 picks in the 1st rd...

:beatdeadhorse::beatdeadhorse::beatdeadhorse: Damn what will it take for people to STOP with the INSANITY already ? Mike Shanahan and Bruce Allen BOTH have said Haynesworth is N-O-T going to be traded nor is he on the trading block. So far both Shanny and Allen have been truthful.I have no reason to believe this "article" is true. Didn't that ******* JLC state REPEATEDLY and EMPHATICALLY that Haynesworth was going to be traded Friday?? Nothing that the media says is true/haapening/going to happen has.

Check this out:

So far, there’s been no movement with other Redskins believed to be on the block: running back Clinton Portis, safety LaRon Landry, and defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth. However, that hardly means that Haynesworth is going to be playing for new coach Mike Shanahan very much, if at all, this season.

You know damn well Clinton Portis is not on the Skins trading block that outright bull****. Landry and/or Haynesworth have only been metioned with the deal w/the igggles for Mc5. If these so called journalists and insiders had any real clout/sources all this **** would've been reported at the time these events actually were rumored to occur. More importantly why the hell would we trade any of these guys AFTER the ****ing draft:beatdeadhorse:???

Now let's move on to this pile of hot steaming ****:

In Washington, that kind of dump trade for Haynesworth just isn’t going to sit well with Snyder even if he has given Shanahan permission to do whatever is deemed necessary.

“Let’s just say, this has to be done carefully,” the Washington source said.

The plan is for the Redskins to essentially build a case against Haynesworth for Snyder while hoping that the price on Haynesworth goes up. A price increase for players is typical as the season gets closer or after it starts. Teams realize that the players they picked in the draft and free agency don’t fill their needs.

:ols::ols: really? says who "The Sourcer"?? we didn't need a 1st round athletic LT...or a qb who knows the NFC East, or two more OL men, a fullback/hback/te who looks mean as hell (on film and field:D),no it's good not to have depth with lb in a 3-4 defense or groom one in case of injury or trade?? nah sane people wouldn't do that...we have a receiver who looks like he'll be a special teams mainstay.....nah none of these picks fill any needs...all we need is Jason Campbell so these lazy ass D.C reporters can gleam a few nuggets on the happenings at Redskins Park.

Now let's forget Haynesworth's OWN words on that Sirius radio interview a few months back.Shanahan,Haslett,Mc5, and others say they have spoken to #92 SEVERAL times. Nah they just had that 1 convo:rolleyes:.

Whoever this loser idiot writer is destined:fortune: for continued failure.

Don't be in denial. If he cared, he would have showed up for OTAs.

What am I in denial about? I don't think it's a good thing that Haynesworth didn't go to voluntary workouts. I just recognize that it's his choice and he's putting himself at risk if he doesn't show up to mandatory activities in shape. Until that time, I'm just going to go by what Shanahan and Allen tell us about the situation.

You, on the other hand, are reacting to a problem that has yet to develop.

the reason these stories keep getting written is because we keep talking about them, posting them, and they get web hits... they will continue doing it until we stop reading the stories...

join me in not clicking on any story about trading haynesworth, however you feel about him... if there is no audience, then there will be no stories because no one knows anything about it...

You're buying into media hype. As far as us fans know Haynesworth hasn't acted out at all, he's simply not engaging in voluntary activities.

Haha the draft is over, we need to move on. And I agree the media has created this image of Big Al as a cancer.

Archived