Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

231st pick Selvish Capers OT

Drexen Del'Sangre

I think Rabach may be in trouble. We have him, Montgomery, Edwin Williams, Kory Lichtinsteiger and Erik Cook. A lot of those guys can also play guard. But still going into camp with five potential centers?

Also, the above point about injuries is a very good one.

rabach is the safest guy on the line besides trent williams. shanny gave him a three year extension and decent money.

i personally don't like him that much, but i'm not an oline guru.

Capers has a lot of raw ability. They hardly ever take late round picks that I want (I was pissed a few years ago when we took a fullback over Chris Canty for example). I think Capers has the potential to eventually start here, but he's definitely inexperienced and a bit of a project. Similar to Peters (Bills, Eagles).

so we ended up with 3 oline in this draft. one concrete starter and two projects. EXACTLY what i've been hoping for all offseason. nice work bruceahan!

I would've been cool with 2 starters and a project, but I'm glad we made the OL push in the last round.

Hopefully, that TE that we took (Dennis Morris) can convert to a FB and help open holes for our RBs.

Cook and Williams project to guard.

Yeah no chance Cook plays center in the NFL. Much too tall. NT's would destroy him bad. But, he played all three positions at New Mexico so he's got that going for him. And like someone stated earlier in the thread, Shanahan is all about versatile O-Linemen who can play down the line.

Overall, when you look at Williams in the 1st, McNabb in the 2nd, Jarmon in the 3rd,and Riley in the 4th, you've got 2 bonafide starters, and 2 solid def. rotation guys. Fast forward to the 6th and we have Mike Sellers Rev 2 at the FB spot, a KR in the 7th, an interior Ol in the 7th, and a pretty good value RT in the 7th, I would have to say job well done. Plus I would like to add good job by the front office sending J. Campbell to a team where we will start. I know he is not very popular around here, but just let me say he was a true professional playing on some not so good teams. Best of luck to him in the future, hope he wins a lot of games, and loses every one he ever plays against the Redskins.

Going by what the reporters at least say about Shanny, I would assume Mike Williams is a lock. they say he likes him at RG.

I get Heyer is versatile but wonder what has earned him mortal lock status. He seemed to be their biggest problem on the line last year.

Agreed! I would hate to think that Heyer is a lock, let alone a mortal one, if that's the case we might find our QB mortally wounded at some point during the season. Not good!

I was hoping we'd get Capers in the 5th so coming home and seeing we got him in the 7th is a great surprise. He's got a ton of potential and played very well for WV. I really like him and think he can start for us at RT someday.

Also, I made a comment about the TE/FB we drafted cause on ESPN it said he was a 6 foot 253 pounder. That's real short for a TE, too small for a OT/TE and too big for a RB/WR. So I had no clue what we'd do with him. The most recent report I read is that he's 6'2 or so and 266 lbs, which is much much better.

I watched the video of him and he's a great blocker so I'm excited about that pick now too. Sellers is no spring chicken, and this guy could be a monster at FB.

I think we did a good job today.

WOW! im glad we drafted Capers b/c he has a ton of potential and can play the zone-blocking scheme.He needs more upper body strenth to help him out but the kid is a very solid player.Hopefully in about two years he will be starting for us.Nothing againist Cambell but I really feel Shanny made the right choice on passing on him and drafting Capers.

Archived