Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

231st pick Selvish Capers OT

Drexen Del'Sangre

I don't think the Redskins are done on the OL.

There are 3 or 4 veteran offensive linemen that are on the market right now that could potentially fit in here and I wouldn't be surprised to see one signed.

Even if Trent Williams is the real deal and turns into a pro bowl player he will need some time to transition to the NFL and it would only make sense to provide for additional depth at OT.

The team could go with Artis Hicks at RT and survive, I don't think there is ANY way Shanahan starts the season with Stephon Heyer at RT.

But a move for Flozell Adams could be in the mix. Or even a trade for McIntosh.

Rocky stayed away from the minicamp that was just completed and wants a contract extension. While Shanahan didn't say he was on the trading block, he didn't indicate the team was about to meet his demands either :)

Don't forget Shawn Andrews, Faneca, Flozell, maybe Jammal Brown and other OL that might be released in the upcoming weeks that would jump most of these guys instantly.

Capers would have to show something special over Rinehart and Heyer to even sniff the team. Practice squad if lucky.

I'd guess some undrafted free agent guys we bring him here, make the team over Capers.

Kyle said he likes the way our line plays and he is not smoking you.

Let me restate.

Extremely unlikely either makes the roster.

Rabach, Dockery, Hicks, Trent Williams, Eddie Williams (backup C) and Heyer are near mortal locks.

Mike Williams is a probable lock.

That's seven guys. We really should CARRY a left tackle in reserve, or move for a starter allowing Williams to move in slowly. That's eight.

Team probably won't carry more than 9 on the active roster with the 10th being the long snapper. And given how versatile Hicks is we likely won't go with 10 plus the long snapper.

Given Shanahan drafted Lichtensteiger in the fourth round in 2008 and immediately brought him in here, it's likely he thinks he fits exactly what he wants and it's difficult to see him not making the team or even being a surprise starter.

And we've not talked about Chad Rinehart yet, who actually played well for us last year at guard. Now, you're correct what I said presumes we add another left tackle type and if we don't, thinking Heyer could work there in a pinch, or Hicks, it's plausible one of these guys might make the roster.

More likely though both are practice squad guys and you hope one develops next year to make it in reserve or even push as a starter.

Rabach, Dockery, Hicks, Trent Williams, Eddie Williams (backup C) and Heyer are near mortal locks.

Switch the Williams' and you might be closer. I don't think Eddie Williams is any sort of lock to make this roster, particularly since we picked up one of Shanahan's former picks in Lichtensteiger in the offseason. Meanwhile, considering that BMW was starting in the minicamp, he's closer to being a lock.

Kory L got released as a young guy as a center, tough for me to project him as our future left guard, you never know, but doesn't seem likely to me.

I believe McDaneils released him because he cannot handle a PBS scheme, but he was ready to start (according to Bronco fans) in the ZBS. He's not a center, but the fact that Cook is taller then a prototypical Center might mean they could move him in.

Either way Kory can move around, he's a Shanahan guy, and he's a great ZBS player.

I've seen Capers alot since I live in West By God and am a WVU fan. I think we just got a great 7th rounder. His play at the Senior Bowl wasn't what you saw when watching WVU games.

Well thats not good being he was playing against elite competitors (Senior Bowl) and he wasnt that impressive:/ lets hope for the best out of him.

I don't think the Redskins are done on the OL.

There are 3 or 4 veteran offensive linemen that are on the market right now that could potentially fit in here and I wouldn't be surprised to see one signed.

Even if Trent Williams is the real deal and turns into a pro bowl player he will need some time to transition to the NFL and it would only make sense to provide for additional depth at OT.

The team could go with Artis Hicks at RT and survive, I don't think there is ANY way Shanahan starts the season with Stephon Heyer at RT.

But a move for Flozell Adams could be in the mix. Or even a trade for McIntosh.

Rocky stayed away from the minicamp that was just completed and wants a contract extension. While Shanahan didn't say he was on the trading block, he didn't indicate the team was about to meet his demands either :)

I don't really see a veteran helping this team much if he's not starting. One thing last year did was get a lot of OL on the field and gaining some experience at various positions.

Actually, the starting OL in minicamp was pretty veteran. Given the only change in the draft would be Williams, it isn't a bad line to start off with.

I believe McDaneils released him because he cannot handle a PBS scheme, but he was ready to start (according to Bronco fans) in the ZBS. He's not a center, but the fact that Cook is taller then a prototypical Center might mean they could move him in.

Either way Kory can move around, he's a Shanahan guy, and he's a great ZBS player.

I hear you but it didn't seem like anyone else was beating down his door to sign him when he was released. And its not like other teams can't use young stud O lineman.

We aren't the only team that will use zone blocking so IMO to say he's a "great" ZBS and our future LG -- maybe, hope you are right, seems quite optimistic. :)

I hear you but it didn't seem like anyone else was beating down his door to sign him when he was released. And its not like other teams can't use young stud O lineman.

We aren't the only team that will use zone blocking so IMO to say he's a "great" ZBS and our future LG -- maybe, hope you are right, seems quite optimistic. :)

Actually, the Vikings had picked him up for a time last year, but was probably let go because of some roster need or another.

More likely though both are practice squad guys and you hope one develops next year to make it in reserve or even push as a starter.

don't disagree with any of what you posted. it will be an uphill battle. someone pm'd me and asked if capers could push for a starting spot, and my response was that if he does, it says more bad about our o-line than it does good about capers.

my not-so-expert prognosis (i saw every one of his college games) was that he needs a good amount of work and can, hopefully, push for time in '12. (maybe '11)

Actually, the Vikings had picked him up for a time last year, but was probably let go because of some roster need or another.

Again, aren't they also a hard-smash mouth PBS system?

I'm really not sure how many teams are committed to ZBS outside of I guess us and the Texans now.

Let me restate.

That's seven guys. We really should CARRY a left tackle in reserve, or move for a starter allowing Williams to move in slowly. That's eight.

Team probably won't carry more than 9 on the active roster with the 10th being the long snapper. And given how versatile Hicks is we likely won't go with 10 plus the long snapper.

That's some good info Art, but let's remember, you never know what can happen in camp. When was the last time we had a camp where at least one OL or DL didn't get hurt? (not trying to jinx us, just saying)

I think Rabach may be in trouble. We have him, Montgomery, Edwin Williams, Kory Lichtinsteiger and Erik Cook. A lot of those guys can also play guard. But still going into camp with five potential centers?

Also, the above point about injuries is a very good one.

Barring injury, Rabach will be the starting center this season. He is also the smartest player on the line.

I can't disagree that these guys will struggle to make the roster and most likely end up on the practice squad if not cut outright.

If Andrews has cleaned up his act he is the only player out there I would bring in.

OK another team releasing him doesn't make his case stronger IMO. Am, not saying he isn't great, got no clue, just seems unusual for great young O lineman to be on the street.

Terrell Owens is well known for his temper tantrums and selvish capers.

My smoked salmon would have been delicious if it wasn't for the overwhelming flavor of those selvish capers!

Unlike Batman and Superman, Spiderman was never a glory hound and this was evident in his relatively simple superhero outfit. He was often heard saying, "I will never become one of those selvish capers!"

Terrell Owens is well known for his temper tantrums and selvish capers.

My smoked salmon would have been delicious if it wasn't for the overwhelming flavor of those selvish capers!

Unlike Batman and Superman, Spiderman was never a glory hound and this was evident in his relatively simple superhero outfit. He was often heard saying, "I will never become one of those selvish capers!"

Dude way to use all the jokes and leave none for the rest of us.... however I did think they were pretty good. First one was a nice under the radar one.

Based on a quick review of previous Broncos rosters, Shanahan rarely carries more than 8 and seems to favor guys who can play multiple spots at the backup positions.

I wouldn't call Heyer a lock, though, and I still have a sneaking suspicion that something could happen at the LG position.

Let me restate.

Can't say I buy this. The only guy I've heard Shanny give any positive comments on is M. Williams. Even if he was positive on the others, it doesn't make them locks, especially if these new guys are better players.

I say Rabach, Dockery, Hicks, T. Williams are locks to be on the roster. Rabach, Dockery and T. Williams probably have their starting positions set. But otherwise I'd think its an open competition, especially with a new coaching staff and a new blocking scheme.

Archived