Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

231st pick Selvish Capers OT

Drexen Del'Sangre

The only one I don't think will make the roster is the Center, but he's got potential. I figure one day our line's gonna look like

LT: Williams

LG: Kory L.

C: Cook

RG: Rhinehart

RT: Capers

Good, young line.

I don't think Capers beats out Artis Hicks this season. The coaching staff also seems to like Mike Williams at guard and Rabach will be hard to unseat at center. Dockery, however, is my darkhorse candidate to be dethroned.

Now that Shawn Andrews has addressed his off the field issues (bipolar disorder), I would consider bringing him in. He's only 27 and is a two-time pro bowler.

oh wow i didnt he he came out about it. that disorder runs in my family. its pretty serious if you dont take medicine. but if he is on the right medication he should be fine... all the people with the comments about him being crazy, **** off...i hope we sign him for RG and he succeeds

I don't think Capers beats out Artis Hicks this season. The coaching staff also seems to like Mike Williams at guard and Rabach will be hard to unseat at center. Dockery, however, is my darkhorse candidate to be dethroned.

Last year we had ~12 OL. Capers will have a good shot at 2nd RT. Hicks will start or be backup everything.

i'd say that depends a lot on what happens with our roster between now and august. if it stays put, their chances are a lot greater.

Let me restate.

Extremely unlikely either makes the roster.

Rabach, Dockery, Hicks, Trent Williams, Eddie Williams (backup C) and Heyer are near mortal locks.

Mike Williams is a probable lock.

That's seven guys. We really should CARRY a left tackle in reserve, or move for a starter allowing Williams to move in slowly. That's eight.

Team probably won't carry more than 9 on the active roster with the 10th being the long snapper. And given how versatile Hicks is we likely won't go with 10 plus the long snapper.

Given Shanahan drafted Lichtensteiger in the fourth round in 2008 and immediately brought him in here, it's likely he thinks he fits exactly what he wants and it's difficult to see him not making the team or even being a surprise starter.

And we've not talked about Chad Rinehart yet, who actually played well for us last year at guard. Now, you're correct what I said presumes we add another left tackle type and if we don't, thinking Heyer could work there in a pinch, or Hicks, it's plausible one of these guys might make the roster.

More likely though both are practice squad guys and you hope one develops next year to make it in reserve or even push as a starter.

The only one I don't think will make the roster is the Center, but he's got potential. I figure one day our line's gonna look like

LT: Williams

LG: Kory L.

C: Cook

RG: Rhinehart

RT: Capers

Good, young line.

Kory L got released as a young guy as a center, tough for me to project him as our future left guard, you never know, but doesn't seem likely to me.

I would have liked to see the Redskins select Bruce Campbell in the 4th round today, but it didn't happen. Selvish Capers is an excellent choice. He's considerbly valuable as a 7th rounder and will need time to develop, but should develop over time. He has the potential to be a starter in due time. He needs to work mostly on his strength. 19 reps at the combine is what made his stock drop so dramatically.

Rabach, Dockery, Hicks, Trent Williams, Eddie Williams (backup C) and Heyer are near mortal locks.

Mike Williams is a probable lock.

Going by what the reporters at least say about Shanny, I would assume Mike Williams is a lock. they say he likes him at RG.

I get Heyer is versatile but wonder what has earned him mortal lock status. He seemed to be their biggest problem on the line last year.

Archived