Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Best of Bubba9497

robotfire

Anytime I saw the Joe Bugel icon, I always paid attention. I thought it might be a fun idea to post his "greatest hits".

I'll go first by referencing this classic post which causes BigDFan5 to go to Jumbo in this thread (read a good amount of it, especially Jumbo's post and Bubba's responses). It all started when bubba referred to BigDFan5 as "BigDrama":

tr1 has BigDrama hopping today :rotflmao:
Any thread with a few cowpukes vs Bubba and tr1 were always GREAT!

To help you find one of your favorites, try the google sites search here or rummage through Bubba's old posts here. Let's try to keep mourning out of this thread and just stick to why we all miss him.

Liked it when he would go on a rant after the redskins lose than slowly come back during the week until he believed the redskins would destroy the next opponent.

I guess most fans did that but his were really funny at times

Jeez there was one game where he just went off, I wish I could remeber the date.

Was Bubba not the one who would have the Madden-esqu homemande illustrator depictions of in game photos. I think I remember one from the Alstott for 2 play. They were hysterically bad.

Plus- Bubba was the first person to reply in my 1st thread ever 5 years ago. Always liked him since. Sad to hear this.

Google Bubba, then google yourself, Bubba rules period.

Web History | Search settings | Sign in
Google Advanced Search

WebHide optionsShow options... Results 1 - 10 of about 7,950 for bubba9497. (0.14 seconds)

Did you mean: bubba 9497

Search ResultsBubba9497 - Rest In Peace - EXTREMESKINS.com
16 posts - 11 authors - Last post: 2 days ago
Bubba9497 - Rest In Peace The Stadium. ... suze109's Avatar. Join Date: Jan 2008. Location: The 703. Posts: 1915. Default Re: Bubba9497 ...
[url]www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?t=321281[/url] - Cached
Bubba9497 - Rest In Peace - Page 39‎ - Apr 13, 2010
Bubba9497 - Rest In Peace - Page 38‎ - Apr 13, 2010
Bubba9497 Has Passed Away-Sad Day For ES‎ - Apr 11, 2010

More results from extremeskins.com »
Get more discussion results
YouTube - bubba9497's Channel
bubba9497 subscribed to martyfs74 (1 year ago). bubba9497 subscribed to Davidsfarm (1 year ago). bubba9497 subscribed to GREENPOWERSCIENCE (1 year ago) ...
[url]www.youtube.com/user/bubba9497[/url] - CachedeBay My World - bubba9497
eBay My World for bubba9497. Read bubba9497's Reviews & Guides, blog, and eBay profile.
myworld.ebay.com/bubba9497 - 2 hours ago - CachedBubba9497 - EXTREMESKINS.com
Bubba9497: As so many have commented, Bubba has not been on ES for some time. While Bubba was a huge presence on ... [url]http://bit.ly/9nRUMK[/url].
tweetmeme.com/story/.../bubba9497-extremeskinscom - 21 hours agoGet more results from the past 24 hours
eBay Seller: bubba9497: items on eBay.com
bubba9497 is an eBay seller listing items in categories on eBay.com.
shop.ebay.com/bubba9497/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1... - CachedBGObsession.com - View Profile: bubba9497 - [ Translate this page ]
Total Posts: 0; Posts Per Day: 0; Sib-postijiet kollha minn bubba9497 ... Total entries: 0; Blog Last Dħul: Qatt; View all entries blog mill bubba9497 ...
bgobsession.com/member.php?u=93&language=mt - Cached1000Posts to Wrangle the Cowgirls! - Page 40 - EXTREMESKINS.com
bubba9497. The King Of ALL Media The King of all Media. Join Date: Oct 2002. Location: Roanoke, VA. Age: 45. Posts: 91280. Default Re: 1000Posts to Wrangle ...
jupiter.bridgelinesw.net/showthread.php?p=5816879 - CachedIs Tony Romo the most Overrated QB in NFL History - Page 2 ...
16 posts - 6 authors - Last post: Jan 18
bubba9497. The King Of ALL Media The King of all Media. Join Date: Oct 2002 ... Last edited by bubba9497; January-18th-2010 at 02:37 PM. ...
jupiter.bridgelinesw.net/showthread.php?p=7235168 - Cached

Show more results from jupiter.bridgelinesw.netGet more discussion results
Thread ESPN: Kiper/McShay mock draft, Redskins pick at #13 ...
11 posts - 8 authors - Last post: Mar 16, 2009
Quote: Originally Posted by bubba9497 [url] Kiper pick: Andre Smith -- Smith has to manage his weight in order to remain on the left side. ...
boardreader.com/.../ESPN_Kiper_McShay_mock_draft_Redskins_pi_v4yX62c8.html - CachedGet more discussion results
Extremeskins Mourns Loss of Friend
Mar 15, 2010 ... A constant over that period, and since October 10, 2002, has been Bubba9497. Years ago, Bubba was dubbed the king of all media by the staff ...
www.redskins.com/.../Extremeskins_Mourns_Loss_of_Friend__111837.jsp - CachedDid you mean to search for: bubba 9497

Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next

Bubba was probably the last hold out here in defending and wanting to see Spurrier retained. He was doing this up until Gibbs was brought back. The man was a diehard fan through and through. That could never be argued.

He was indeed the Gold Standard, amigo. King Fan of all Fans. :)

BTW, in searching for some of his shameless homer posts in 2003 I came across this thread by stratoman, if some remember, passed away some time ago. Maybe him and Bubba are talking 2010 draft right now. RIP both of you guys.

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?t=44971

Here was one of Bubba's SOS defense posts. Hardcore fan for sure: http://www.extremeskins.com/showpost.php?p=476426&postcount=24

He was indeed the Gold Standard, amigo. King Fan of all Fans. :)

Funny thing about that though I always felt a string of logic always ran through his thoughts. Like he wasn't just a mad homer. Or maybe I just agreed with him so I saw logic where there was none.

My all time bubba favorite. Jeremiah_Johnson was one of a multitude of alias' used be a particular "Poke" fan who frequented ATN.

icon1.gifRe: Show Yourselves: ATN edition

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeremiah_Johnson

I found this one of Tr1

and that's Jeremiah Johnson with his hat on backwards uh... servicing tr1

00000.jpg

Bubba was probably the last hold out here in defending and wanting to see Spurrier retained. He was doing this up until Gibbs was brought back. The man was a diehard fan through and through. That could never be argued.

LOL! I was thinking the same exact thing earlier today about Bubba. He was the last Skins fan on the planet to support Spurrier.

Bubba was the eternal optimist fan. He really didn't post much the last few years, but back in the old days he had some real classics.

He truly had burgundy and gold colored glasses If I've ever known anyone to have any lol He told it like it was but an eternal skins optimist. Loved that about the guy because we have our share of the opposite side of that spectrum here too.

WhoRU made a good comment too he definitely held it down when the pokes fans came in here out of line and repped us proudly.

Funny thing about that though I always felt a string of logic always ran through his thoughts. Like he wasn't just a mad homer. Or maybe I just agreed with him so I saw logic where there was none.

You're absolutely right. While there was little questioning bubba's "homerism" (but I use the term in a more positive sense in his case with no "blind, empty-headed" type of castigation), the guy seriously knew football, made solid arguments consistently, remained calm in debate and while he would trade jabs never got mean-spirited or really insulting with anyone, and could be reasoned with any time. He was no one to be dismissed as a trifle like some tried to do. He was a seriously knowledgeable well-informed fan who contributed a great deal to fair football discussions and analysis of the Redskins, other NFL teams, and the game in general.

Always remembered him getting pissed at the team like the OP said, but by that Thursday it was all about how we were going to win. No matter how bad we were, it always pumped me up for that Sunday, only to be redone the next week.

Definitely going to miss him.

Archived