Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Best of Bubba9497

robotfire

Bubba definitely had some good one liners!!! One of my favorites was in a thread where TK posed the question of "Do you think about the Cowgirls when you drive by the Roanoke Star"? The link is http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?t=167793

Of course that got a few responses, but Bubba basically said, "it should feel like a poke fan hang out, drug deals go on there"..... hah

BTW TK, I flip the star off everyday I drive by it now....:dallasuck

RIP Bubba, you're definitely missed!

HTTR :point2sky

];7449562']God damnit' date=' I miss Bubba.

He was one of the few fans who's optimism and faith never shook. That's not to say that anyone who saw things differently is any less of a Fan, but Bubba literally embodied the title. He was a fanatic to the core.[/quote']

And people call me a homer. :ols:

I wasn't near the homer that Bubba was.

I loved it when him and TR1 would hold down the fort in The Stadium. Everytime TR1 wrote something outlandish and the 'Boy Nation came to attack, Bubba was there to refute any argument.

Man, I'm gonna miss that.

Oh man, those were classic.... I think I can say, without a hint of objectivity, that TR1 and Bubba went undefeated in those threads, despite the dubiousness of the actual topic at hand!

Bubba was probably the last hold out here in defending and wanting to see Spurrier retained. He was doing this up until Gibbs was brought back. The man was a diehard fan through and through. That could never be argued.
He wrote a very convincing post that Gregg Williams would be the next head coach, even though it was looking like that wouldn't be the case. I PMed him that I thought he was right and that I was very relieved since it was the obvious choice. Then, he wrote something that epitomises who he is. He wrote back:

"thanks, we can keep hope :)"

That's exactly the kind of fan he was. No matter what, he had hope. His eternal optimism was one of the biggest reasons I loved him so much.

You're absolutely right. While there was little questioning bubba's "homerism" (but I use the term in a more positive sense in his case with no "blind, empty-headed" type of castigation), the guy seriously knew football, made solid arguments consistently, remained calm in debate and while he would trade jabs never got mean-spirited or really insulting with anyone, and could be reasoned with any time.
I can't find the exact quote, but someone was attacking the "homers" of the board. He said something along the lines of "What's wrong with supporting your team?". That statement alone showed how brilliant of a fan he was. We're FANS. We're supposed to be homers. That's what I loved about him. Even when Riggins called Snyder evil and at the time everyone wanted to agree, here's what Bubba did. CLASSIC.

I'll go first by referencing this classic post which causes BigDFan5 to go to Jumbo in this thread (read a good amount of it, especially Jumbo's post and Bubba's responses). It all started when bubba referred to BigDFan5 as "BigDrama": Any thread with a few cowpukes vs Bubba and tr1 were always GREAT!

I haven't been around here too long, but that is CLASSIC!! The responses to BigDrama are hilarious, and I love the peanut gallery comments. This is great stuff. Bubba, you will be missed.

I remember one evening after a really bad loss, I think it was the New Orleans overtime loss, Bubba sent me a note saying that he couldn't post articles on this game, he was too upset, and that I was going to have to cover it. In the 4 1/2 years I worked with him that was a first. In about an hour there he was back posting to RBN as if nothing had happened. When I asked why he was back his answer was "I'm ready for next week". That was Bubba, he was always ready for next week.

Once I had searched the web for articles, and thought I had found everything possible, I sent Bubba a note and said that he could take it easy because I had found everything, within a half hour he had posted at least 5 or 6 articles I would never have found. He knew every site that could possibly have an article about the Skins, and could find a funny picture about a subject and post it before the conversation in a thread drifted off the subject. An amazing guy.

Bubba having a conversation with Westbrook36 in the ATN back in 2005, he didn't just slap down "cowpuke" fans.

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?t=87232&page=3

Originally posted by Westbrook36

Bubba, if the Eagles win the Superbowl, can I have your phone number? I just want to talk to you on the phone after the big win. I'm not joking around.

Bubba9497: Sorry I'm married

I could have sworn Bubba was in the "sign T.O" camp a few years back (back when T.O. was leaving the Niners and right before he went to the Iggles).... could never tell whether he was being sarcastic or not, God bless him!

p.s. who's the jerk who one-starred this thread? they should be banned!

Bubba was probably the last hold out here in defending and wanting to see Spurrier retained. He was doing this up until Gibbs was brought back. The man was a diehard fan through and through. That could never be argued.
BTW' date=' in searching for some of his shameless homer posts in 2003 I came across this thread by stratoman, if some remember, passed away some time ago. Maybe him and Bubba are talking 2010 draft right now. RIP both of you guys.

[url']http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?t=44971[/url]

Here was one of Bubba's SOS defense posts. Hardcore fan for sure: http://www.extremeskins.com/showpost.php?p=476426&postcount=24

:ols:

That's one thing you can say about Bubba, he supported whomever was on the team at that time and wouldn't budge until they were off the team and/or replaced.

He was like that with Brunell, Campbell and it looks like Spurrier.

Take a look for posts from Bubba that admitted when he was wrong. You'll find plenty. He was very good at that.

Absolutely. He was certainly not one to feign ignorance. He knew how to let you know when he knew he was wrong. He was humble like that. Hell, sometimes he might admit wrong just to have some semblance of peace in a thread. Was great having him around these parts.

bubba will never be dead as long as extremeskins stays online.... going back and reading his posts is like he has never left. Perhaps one day his kids can come here and read much of what their dad wrote and smile as much as I am after reading this thread.

:ols:

That's one thing you can say about Bubba, he supported whomever was on the team at that time and wouldn't budge until they were off the team and/or replaced.

He was like that with Brunell, Campbell and it looks like Spurrier.

I remember there were a lot of those Ramsey vs Brunell threads he was involved in.

Archived