Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CNN Poll: Who Wins an Obama vs Palin Matchup?

AsburySkinsFan

#1. In a two party system there are no winners.....we all are losers because of our choices.

#2. I think Pawlenty is going to be the GOP Nom......because I think Palin wouldn't survive a GOP primary....same with Romney or Huckaboom this time. I think Palin would go scorched earth against her own party right away and burn out. Romney is screwed because of healthcare, and Huckaboom is turning into the rambling guy you know...but don't really want to know anymore.

C'mon, folks. The '12 election is going to be a referendum on Obama.

If the economy's moving up, then nobody else has a chance. If, 2 years from now, the economy looks like today, then he's doomed.

And, if the economy's in good shape, I could see Palin getting the nomination, simply because all the real candidates will sit it out, because they don't want to get labeled as losers.

Obama has an 8- to-12-point edge over each of them in hypothetical matchups," adds Holland. "But in a previous CNN poll, Obama managed no better than a tie against an unnamed Republican."

Translation: the Republicans have a good chance at winning in 2012, just as long as no actual, living, breathing Republican gets the nomination.

That leaves only one option.

C'mon, folks. The '12 election is going to be a referendum on Obama.

If the economy's moving up, then nobody else has a chance. If, 2 years from now, the economy looks like today, then he's doomed.

And, if the economy's in good shape, I could see Palin getting the nomination, simply because all the real candidates will sit it out, because they don't want to get labeled as losers.

I think Palin would still be a loooooongshot for the nomination against a strong Obama, because the other guys will know they can't stay atop the GOP pyramid forever. They'll still go for it and gamble that a late-breaking scandal, etc. might tip the scales in their favor come November.

Still:

/thread

I mock the tea parties because they are mostly a bunch of morons that think the government is the cause of all their problems. How much would you care to wager that if I attended and asked "what caused the meltdown of the financial system" I'd be 5 times as likely to hear "Community Reinvestment Act" than I am to hear "collateralized debt obligations"

Am I supposed to applaud that ignorance because they enjoy a large attendance?

imho tea parties are mainly about "government taking over everything" and "they are not listening to us".

As a side note, Palin is not going to be running for public office. She knows her limitations and she is not THAT dumb. She is making $12 mil a year.

And write off those of us who bought Obama's bull the first time around. I eventually did. I won't do it again. And I'm not alone. Not by any stretch of the imagination.

God help us if we have to rely on all of you who bought the bull****. There are plenty of people who saw that Obama was exactly who we thought he was.

Now, some of those voted for Mccain, some went third party and same didn't vote at all.

From the beginning, there was just something about Obama I didn't like. AS president, he has turned out exactly as I thought he would be. Hopefully, we don't have to have 8 years of him but right now odds are we do.

Newt is the best option for repubs. The other big 3 don't stand a chance. I like that Huck is fiscally responsible but he's a little too folksy. Just give me someone that doesn't promise to make all our problems go away because the fed gov has all the answers.

Isn't Newt old news?

We'll see in November how things turn out. Everything appears to hinge on the economy and whether enough independents see through the GOP bull.

interestingly, I think one of Palin's greatest weaknesses is one of George W. Bush's greatest strengths-- the inability to laugh at oneself. I think it is a skill and a tool that all leaders must possess. This was also one of Joe Gibbs great skills.

Newt is the best option for repubs. The other big 3 don't stand a chance. I like that Huck is fiscally responsible but he's a little too folksy. Just give me someone that doesn't promise to make all our problems go away because the fed gov has all the answers.

Newt is a good idea man, but that's it. He has so many character flaws and baggage, he could never win a national race.

I mock the tea parties because they are mostly a bunch of morons that think the government is the cause of all their problems. How much would you care to wager that if I attended and asked "what caused the meltdown of the financial system" I'd be 5 times as likely to hear "Community Reinvestment Act" than I am to hear "collateralized debt obligations"

Im here every day and don't know what you just said.

I thought it was the oversight committee's having no authority and dismissed at every turn. Add McCain in there also at least once.

I thought it was Frank/Dodd/Meeks shooting everything down that could work.

I thought it was the two giants actually fighting ANY regulations on them.

I thought it was Clinton/Bush/Franks pushing stupid lending

I thought it was Mark to Market

I thought it was Bernanke saying in 2007 (We have no problem if the housing gets better we foresee a good future.

i guess i should go join a teaparty as i'm ignant. As I think a simple person like Palin would have been on McCains review side in 2003.

AS Obama would have been in Franks corner until 2008 and then distance himself quickly.

Wow, way to be completely wrong, with a side of "I'll build a straw-man just to attack it" argument.

The Tea-Party movement is about getting back to less federal spending.

By the way, anyone who thinks there was only one or two things that caused the meltdown is showing their ignorance.

Wow, way to be completely wrong, with a side of "I'll build a straw-man just to attack it" argument.

The Tea-Party movement is about getting back to less federal spending.

That may be where the Tea Party started, but it has morphed into an ambiguous blob of angry people that like a magnet is collecting all sorts of misfits, miscreants and bigots. BTW, its only a straw man if its not true, the problem is that it takes about 2 seconds to spot a bigoted, racist, or birther sign at any given tea party rally.

Reluctantly raises his hand.....

I will ad a caveat; after I placed my vote the second time and left the voting booth I knew I had made the wrong decision and later repented of my vote that's how badly I really felt about it.

Maybe reality sinks in once they take office

“Would you rather have Barack Obama or George W. Bush as President right now?” The answer was Obama 48%, Bush 46%, within the ±3.9% margin of error. Consider what a close result this is, compared to Bush’s amazingly low ratings at the end of his administration.

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/PPP_Release_National_4141.pdf

Funny, how that poll breaks down almost perfectly down partisan lines, twa. What is most useful to me right now is that the country is in a better place. The fearful thing is that we haven't really addressed enough of the core problems that allowed the disaster to happen in the first place.

We absolutely do know that Bush would not have addressed or dealt with those problems, because in eight years, he never did unless it was to exacerbate them. So no, I don't miss him yet even though I don't think he was either as villainous or as dumb as many wanted to believe.

Funny, how that poll breaks down almost perfectly down partisan lines, twa. What is most useful to me right now is that the country is in a better place. The fearful thing is that we haven't really addressed enough of the core problems that allowed the disaster to happen in the first place.

We absolutely do know that Bush would not have addressed or dealt with those problems, because in eight years, he never did unless it was to exacerbate them. So no, I don't miss him yet even though I don't think he was either as villainous or as dumb as many wanted to believe.

46% are Reps already?...damn O is driving people away like crazy then;)

The focus on the Pres ignores the main problem,which is Congresscritters not fulfilling their roles(which is oversight of these problems)

added

Twenty-four percent (24%) of U.S. voters now say they consider themselves a part of the Tea Party movement, according to a new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey. That’s an eight-point increase from 16% a month ago.

http://www.qando.net/?p=7934

The natives are restless

Archived