Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per A. Schefter Twitter: Campbell not going to mini-camp.....hopes for trade

TGW21

ES is atwitter with tweets from twitter which litter the board about bitter, quitter players who are not named John Ritter.

Do you come up with that on the ................:toilet:..:ols::drooley::ols:

I wish Jason luck but more than that I hope the Redskins get something for him.

you miss the point. We dont want JC in camp. aside from being a distraction, it would increase the chances he suffered some freak injury which destroyed what little trade value he has left.

It's a non-contact mini-camp, so he can't get hurt unless he slips and falls.

Campbell has said once (rather petulantly) that if he can't be the starter here, he doesn't want to be here.

So the Redskins aren't going to want someone at their important functions (like mimi-camp) that is so intent on getting out the door.

Jason Campbell-QB-Redskins Apr. 12 - 3:18 pm et

Redskins re-signed restricted free agent QB Jason Campbell to a one-year, $3.14 million contract.

Campbell, 28, posted career highs in completion rate (64.5), touchdown passes (20), passing yards (3,618), and yards-per-attempt average (7.1) last season. He'd be an upgrade as a starter for numerous teams, and will be on the trade block over draft weekend. In search of an athletic passer with a big enough arm to cut through the Buffalo wind, the Bills should have Campbell on their radar. The Raiders, Jaguars, and Panthers may also have interest.

Now I believe this. Schefter seems better informed about this team than the local media. They are too busy trying to create drama where there is none.

That's exactly what I was thinking. All these stories that have come out about AH wanting to go, Landry skipping out cause he's mad, JC not signing his contract, ect. They're all coming in because no one has ANYTHING to write about and they're trying to create some kind of drama because they don't really have a reason to work right now.

Nothing is happening. This is getting more and more annoying by the minute. Someone wake me up when JC is moved.

No pads, so that's not likely.

In any case, it is what I expected: Campbell will stay away until his future is decided, which will probably be by the end of the draft.

Maybe he will stay out of training camp too if he's not traded by then. In that way, he could not be our back up. Crossing my fingers.

good grief ... speak for you self

i guess you either have no clue who are back up QB's are or you know NOTHING about football.

Rex? Colt?

pray for us if Mc5 can't take every snap

It's not as if JC set the bar so incredibly high ;)

Colt and/or Rex could be just as medicore as JC was/is. What would be so different??

Wasn'tt the saying that the backup is the most popular quarterback?

Now that we have Donovan McNabb, is Jason Campbell more popular? No.

If Jason Campbell leaves, will Rex Grossman be more popular? No.

Colt Brennan? I'm sure he has his followers, but I doubt he's more popular than McNabb.

What this town was missing all along was a true starting quarterback. That's why it seemed like there was QB controversy all the time.

What this town was missing all along was a true starting quarterback. That's why it seemed like there was QB controversy all the time.

Pretty much. No one is clamoring for the backup in SD, Indy, NE, NO. Occasionally with someone not QUITE at super-elite level, you'll get some controversy IF there is a backup worth something (you don't hear Giants calling for Eli's backup, but you did hear Philly fans calling for Feeley, Garcia, Kolb.)

When you heard people invoke that well-worn cliche, it was a cop-out to explain legitimate dissatisfaction with QB play with this team.

It's amazing how may 'Skins fans are total jackasses. I'm totally psyched we got a big upgrade at QB, but to outright dog JC is just plain stupid. Anyone who is doing that simply does not know Jack shizzle about football. It makes me want to puke everytime I hear one of the players or coaches say we have the "most football-smart" fans in the league. Obviously they have never read the garbage spewed on this board.

Archived