Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per A. Schefter Twitter: Campbell not going to mini-camp.....hopes for trade

TGW21

It's amazing how may 'Skins fans are total jackasses. I'm totally psyched we got a big upgrade at QB, but to outright dog JC is just plain stupid. Anyone who is doing that simply does not know Jack shizzle about football. It makes me want to puke everytime I hear one of the players or coaches say we have the "most football-smart" fans in the league. Obviously they have never read the garbage spewed on this board.

The only garbage I see polluting this thread is your post.

No one here is "dogging" Campbell. They're "dogging" his QB play. Which richly deserves to be "dogged'.

LEARN the difference. Until then, I suggest you keep those great "football smarts" of yours to yourself.

It's amazing how may 'Skins fans are total jackasses. I'm totally psyched we got a big upgrade at QB, but to outright dog JC is just plain stupid. Anyone who is doing that simply does not know Jack shizzle about football. It makes me want to puke everytime I hear one of the players or coaches say we have the "most football-smart" fans in the league. Obviously they have never read the garbage spewed on this board.

Here you go. You're going to need this.

8x62qd.png

There can't be anything more football ignorant than someone who thinks JC has ever remotly belonged starting in the NFL! As for the players and coaches take on the fans? Help straighten them out, and send them a post.

Don't see it that way I see it as Dr. Shanahan gets rid of the cancer and saving the team.

As for JC not being traded yet it's taking longer then it should because JC and his agent have only been shopping him as a starting qb. It's going to get to a point or maybe it already has where he may have to finally accept no one wants him to compete for a starting gig except maybe the Raiders.

Don't see it that way I see it as Dr. Shanahan gets rid of the cancer and saving the team.

As for JC not being traded yet it's taking longer then it should because JC and his agent have only been shopping him as a starting qb. It's going to get to a point or maybe it already has where he may have to finally accept no one wants him to compete for a starting gig except maybe the Raiders.

That's exactly right. That's why Zorn wanted to trade him for Cutler and then move up to get Sanchez and it's why Shanny traded picks to get Donovan McNabb. Campbell isn't a starting QB in this league and it's becoming apparent now.

I don't think its a smart move for him to miss out. He can't rule out the possibility of coming back here anyway. It only looks bad on his part.
Yeah, but even more awkward if he DOESN'T get moved and then has to show up later.

Guys, he isn't coming back. Not happening. One way or another, he's gone. Teams, especially ones with new regimes instituting new systems/schemes, do not tell players that they see having a role with the team to stay away. If they wanted him to stay on as a backup, they would want him in camp soaking up as much as possible (especially given Campbell's struggles to learn new systems).

I strongly suspect that there is some sort of deal already in place. The only thing holding it up is timing and/or giving Campbell the opportunity to pick his destination. What is painfully obvious is that there is not much in the way of demand for his services. Shocker.

Archived