Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2010 Major League Baseball Thread

StillUnknown

Meh, it's still not proper English grammar to use parenthesis for every thread, Mr. Journalist (More on Page 327).

I've rambled on this repeatedly, but to me the use of parenthesis in these threads is simply information overflow. I've already said this in the Random Thoughts thread and ACW's thread because he is one of the worst abusers of parenthesis, but some of these threads, they take up 2 or more lines because it's just a rant of incoherent information that's unimportant.

I am willing to concede use of parenthesis as long as the information is as concise as can be i.e. (Halladay throws perfect game). Against who? Read thread. The information has no purpose in the title in my opinion. That's why people click the thread, to learn more.

You have some weird pet peeves, man. :silly:

Colorado Rockies pitcher Ubaldo Jimenez has the lowest era ever after the first 10 starts to a season

Where the hell did he come from? I don't remember anyone talking about him before this season. He was 15-12 last year with a 3.47 ERA, which isn't bad, but I don't think anyone saw this coming. He looks like the real deal so far.

So what does he have a better chance of doing, breaking Gibson's ERA record of 1.12 or winning 30 in a season?

Where the hell did he come from? I don't remember anyone talking about him before this season. He was 15-12 last year with a 3.47 ERA, which isn't bad, but I don't think anyone saw this coming. He looks like the real deal so far.

So what does he have a better chance of doing, breaking Gibson's ERA record of 1.12 or winning 30 in a season?

i've heard his name thrown around before on prospect lists because he had huge arm, he can get close to 100 regularly with his fastball.

last season he was pretty good, but he had some control issues. he hasn't had much of an issue with that lately.

i dont think he'll get either of those plateaus, but he's having as dominant a start as anyone in the history of the game.

the fact that he is doing this in Colorado, a place where pitchers have gone to die in past seasons, is remarkable

Ken Griffey Jr has retired. Sad to see him go, one of my all-time favorites and a true baseball great. He will definitely be a first-ballot guy.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=5244661

Just saw this. Wonder if this has anything to do with the whole 'sleeping in the clubhouse' story. Glad he called it quits before he became too much of a punchline. One of the greatest to ever lace them up.

I will say this - in high school I argued that he was the best in the game. I still say that if he hadn't be so injury plagued after leaving Seattle he would have surpassed Bonds, Mays, Aaron, Williamns and the rest... not Don Mattingly, though.

I still say that if he hadn't be so injury plagued after leaving Seattle he would have surpassed Bonds, Mays, Aaron, Williamns and the rest... not Don Mattingly, though.

93-99 (besides a year he was hurt) he was unbelievable. Simply unbelievable.

First ballot HOFer. (Unlike your boy ;))

Man, growing up he was my favorite player in baseball...collected all his cards, posters all over my room. Him and Cal, and that was it. It's sad to see him go, but it is his time honestly.

Without a doubt he would have been the all-time HR leader. He had 630 and missed the equivalent of three full seasons while with the Reds alone.