Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2010 Major League Baseball Thread

StillUnknown

As far as Griffey is concerned. He was one of my favorite players back in the late 90's. I had Ken Griffey Jr. Presents Major League Baseball and Ken Griffey Jr's Winning Run.

I wrote an article for my Associated Content sports assignment on both the blown call and Griffey's retirement.

If this call was in the first, or second or even 5th inning, this would be a non-issue sadly. The ball juggled and his foot still hovered over the bag for a split second on a bang bang play. The ball moving around is what caused Joyce to change his call (he started to motion out until the movement).

Is this going to turn into a flame war of who has worse officiating btw? I think the NFL and NBA officials have baseball beat with their infamous tendency of make-up calls to cancel-out bad ones, lol. Not even close.

If this call was in the first, or second or even 5th inning, this would be a non-issue sadly. The ball juggled and his foot still hovered over the bag for a split second on a bang bang play. The ball moving around is what caused Joyce to change his call (he started to motion out until the movement).

Is this going to turn into a flame war of who has worse officiating btw? I think the NFL and NBA officials have baseball beat with their infamous tendency of make-up calls to cancel-out bad ones, lol. Not even close.

It was not a bang bang play. It was an easy call.

Joyce should be suspended for a while. That was an inexcusable missed call. The guy was out. Good call Joyce. :rolleyes:

He owned up to it, and I'm sure he feels horrible. Maybe suspend him for a few games, but the man honestly owned up to it instantly<<<<get it? Hello baseball!

It was not a bang bang play. It was an easy call.

Did you see the other camera angles? You may understand Joyce's mid-motion reversal then. And his foot wasn't down immediately, it came down toward the back of the bag, the far side edge of the runner, and by then it was bang-bang with the ball moving all over the place in the glove (that's what Joyce saw from his angle, the ball didn't stop until after the runner hit the bag). But anyway, I was under the impression that the edge went to the runner in close calls at first base regardless.