Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2010 Major League Baseball Thread

StillUnknown

Padres still in first place :)

Last night, Adrian Gonzalez and Bud Black both got ejected for arguing with the ump. The umpire was HORRIBLE last night. The crowd at Petco was hilarious (I was there). Everybody kept booing the ump no matter what he did.

16-9 :)

It was great to see the O's take 4 out of 6 from the Yanks and Sox. Not many teams will accomplish that feat.

I wasn't a fan of Wiggington, but he is on fire right now and when (and if) Roberts comes back you have to move Wigg's to first. Garret Atkins is looking like a bad signing thus far and Hughes needs more experience in the minors.

BTW. Luke Scott is in major suckage territory. Personally, I think the fact that he isn't playing the field is effecting him. He likes to play the field.

Also, send down Beregensen and bring up Tillman. Berg's is getting rocked everytime he goes out there.

Edited by KingGibbs

How's that for a 47 yo Jamie Moyer? 2 hits, complete game shutout vs. the Braves -- those frauds! Supposedly, Moyer is now the oldest pitcher to ever have a shut out. I have not verified that, but still a GREAT performance by Phillies own.

I thought Satchel Page had a shut out or two when he played ball in the Major Leagues and he was certainly up there in age.

The National League is really the League to watch this year, it seems; especially with all this great pitching coming out of thin air.

I thought Satchel Page had a shut out or two when he played ball in the Major Leagues and he was certainly up there in age.

The broadcasters last night said Satch was the oldest before last night. He was 46 years, 70 something days old when he last did it.

The National League is really the League to watch this year, it seems; especially with all this great pitching coming out of thin air.

2 best teams so far are the Rays & the Yanks

both of their starting rotations have been dominant (minus Vazquez for the Yanks)

The Phillies *****-slap Santana and tell the baby brother who's in charge. Remember, all you mets fans who were thumping your chests, we are the beast of the east. Enjoy your fall :)

all right im a phillies fan too, thats the ONLY team in philly i like though

Dallas Braden of the A's just threw a perfect game against the Rays

the rays were also the victim of Mark Buerlhe's perfect game last year :ols:

19th perfect game in MLB history

Rays coach has now been on the wrong side of 4 nohitters 3 of them perfect games

Wasnt the yankees 2 perfect games/no hitters with david wells and david cone i believe around mothers day?

Edited by Seabee1973

• 2 weeks later...

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=AjfUTdRCgKGMK6SWkJ4hJUg5nYcB?slug=ap-obit-lima

LOS ANGELES (AP)—Jose Lima(notes), a right-hand pitcher who was a 20-game winner and an All-Star during a 13-year major league career, died Sunday, the Los Angeles Dodgers said. He was 37.

Lima, who won 13 games with the Dodgers in 2004, died of an apparent heart attack, according to the Aguilas Cibaenas, a winter ball team that Lima had played for in the Dominican Republic.

“Lima was an exceptional man. This is a great loss for Dominican baseball and the country,” Llenas said.

Referring to his often colorful outings as “Lima Time,” Lima posted his best season in 1999 when he was selected to the All-Star game as a Houston Astro. He went 21-10 in 35 starts with a 3.58 ERA for the NL Central champion Astros.

In 13 major league seasons, the native of the Dominican Republic was 89-102 with a 5.26 ERA. He hadn’t pitched in the major leagues since a four-game stop with the New York Mets in 2006.

“He was a man full of life, without apparent physical problems and with many plans and projects on the agenda,” his wife, Dorca Astacio, told ESPNdeportes.com.

^^ That sucks. That guy was definitely colorful.

Really does... The yahoo column just makes it worse...

Although it also makes it better... He died suddenly, but the Dodgers fans had seen him Friday, very publicly... He began to establish his off the field legacy. And he's got a son who has an arm as well...

Thoughts are with the Lima family, just horrible to see someone who was so charismatic go so young... Hell he's only 12 years older than me... Am I going to have to have a legacy to carry on that soon? I hope not...

Anyone else think that his death may be steroid related? Early heart attacks are a side effect and he had two good years right at the height of the steroid era and then flamed out at 31.

That doesn't take away from the man though. He was one of those guys you could just look at and listen to and you knew that he was a 100% genuine good guy. The type to put a smile on your face by just being. RIP for sure.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=Ag1Z26Y8vqvSZzi.ukzeLoE5nYcB?slug=jp-west052710

Mercifully, Major League Baseball has tired of his antics. A source said the league plans to suspend or fine West, one of its most tenured umpires, after he solicited reporters this week to talk about the controversy he created in April when he called the New York Yankees and Boston Red Sox “pathetic and embarrassing” because of their long game times.