Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2010 Major League Baseball Thread

StillUnknown

More *crickets and weed* with BS in the tailgate for the last 25 minutes plus. I'm going to bed. Hopefully he'll sack up, or shut up by morning. :ols:

3x Yer little Heyward's bombs. Sorry dude. Baseball = numbers. :D

2-0, Pittsburgh Pirates.

How bout that bet, Bubble Screen?

*crickets*

*tumbleweed*

Garrett "GI" Jones the early front-runner for National League M...V...P!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOOOO GO BUCCO's!!!!!!!!!

You called, or at a minimum insinuated 100 Pirate losses.

A month, sig bet.

I was being sarcastic in that post. While they won't lose 100 games, they will almost certainly lose 90+. Really, what's the difference?..:pfft:

More *crickets and weed* with BS in the tailgate for the last 25 minutes plus. I'm going to bed. Hopefully he'll sack up, or shut up by morning. :ols:

3x Yer little Heyward's bombs. Sorry dude. Baseball = numbers. :D

Surely you're not saying the Jones kid has more upside than Heyward?

I think I'll enjoy rooting for Garrett Jones in about six years..... :)

lol Exactly!...Don't know why hog is getting excited over a player that is certain to be gone in a few years.

Umpire Joe West: Red Sox and Yankees are a "Disgrace to Baseball"

Drowsy fans of the 28 other big league teams no longer have to feel alone. Someone in power also thinks these interminable Red Sox and Yankees games are taking too darned long.

After sitting behind home plate for three hours and 46 minuteas on Sunday night, the patience of umpire Country Joe West finally boiled over in Thursday morning's editions of the Bergen Record.

The veteran of 32 years labeled the turtle pace maintained by both clubs as "a disgrace to baseball" and said the players refuse to cooperate with the umpires when it comes to time-saving measures like staying in the batter's box and limiting trips to the mound.

From the Bergen Record:

"They're the two clubs that don't try to pick up the pace," said West, chief of the umpiring crew that worked the three-game series in Boston. He was the home plate umpire Sunday. "They're two of the best teams in baseball. Why are they playing the slowest?

"It's pathetic and embarrassing. They take too long to play."

West, who has also released a country music CD, hasn't yet penned a hit song entitled "Get On With It, Already!", but it sure sounds like he'd like to. He says the umpires are committed to shortening the time of all games and that intention has come through during this Red Sox-Yankees series as several batters were denied requests for a time out.

players/teams get fined for criticizing umps, i wonder if umps get fined for criticizing teams :whoknows: (although he's absolutely right)

Edited by StillUnknown

I think I'll enjoy rooting for Garrett Jones in about six years..... :)

He's 29. I six years you can have him. :ols:

Seriously though, I hope they can hang in for a while. Otherwise, Jones, Duke, McCutchen and a few others could have new homes before the year is out. They've done it before.

It's the plight of being a Bucs' fan. It's also why we're better than the rest of y'all. ;)

Alright, I've got a rule change...

If the top 2 wildcard teams are in the NL Central, both of them should go to the playoffs, because they're the only division in the league with 6 teams...

BTW let's go bucco's

Seconded.

Both parts. :D

It's one game, I know. But:

Javier Vazquez still sucks.

Trading for him was the worst move of the offseason, people thinking he would be good was the second worst.....

Overreact, much? You were right the first time: its only been one game. Several good pitchers got off to rocky starts. Zambrano got absoultely torched on opening day vs my Bravos. Does he suck, too? Relax.

Edited by Bubble Screen

Overreact, much? You were right the first time: its only been one game. Several good pitchers got off to rocky starts. Zambrano got absoultely torched on opening day vs my Bravos. Does he suck, too? Relax.

Javy can't handle New York. We learned that the first time. That's all.

He'll be fine when he pitches against the Royals, just like he was fine last year when he pitched against the Nationals, Mets, and Pirates.

Carlos ain't looking to good today either, but unlike Vazquez, I like him, so I let it slide.... :)

Edited by Heidenreich

Javy can't handle New York. We learned that the first time. That's all.

He'll be fine when he pitches against the Royals, just like he was fine last year when he pitched against the Nationals, Mets, and Pirates.

Carlos ain't looking to good today either, but unlike Vazquez, I like him, so I let it slide.... :)

From the time he first was with the Yankees to this go around are too entirely different circumstances. Then, he was one of their main guys, if not their ace. The stage did seem to big for him at the time. However, he's now the Yanks' 4th starter. There's not near the pressure on him, as before. You're jumping the gun here. Like you already stated, its been one start. Relax. If at the all star break, he's 4-8 or something, then you can let loose.

From the time he first was with the Yankees to this go around are too entirely different circumstances. Then, he was one of their main guys, if not their ace. The stage did seem to big for him at the time. However, he's now the Yanks' 4th starter. There's not near the pressure on him, as before. You're jumping the gun here. Like you already stated, its been one start. Relax. If at the all star break, he's 4-8 or something, then you can let loose.

Deal.

AS for Big Z, he settled down after a slow start today, so he's fine.....