Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2010 Major League Baseball Thread

StillUnknown

Escobar breaks Braves game WIDE open

Yeah game over :mad: Horrible pitching = FAIL. The cubs will win more games than they will loose when they score 5+ runs, but if they are going to pitch like garbage it will be a long year.

umpires already making me angry with blown calls as well. ARGH!!! That Byrd fly to center hit the ground. Dangit!

I remember thinking this exact same thing after the Phillies opening series last year :ols::ols:

Heyward ROY no doubt now :)

The Braves didn't hit like this vs the Phils in that series. And Heyward isn't another Jordan Schafer.:)

O wow Samardzija just gave up a 3 run double to Yunel Escobar. I forgot he switched over to baseball.

He looked awful today.

Escobar breaks Braves game WIDE open

Yeah, baby!!

Hinske with the triple!!! I love the first week of the Braves season.

Off to a great start, no doubt. And I know there was no pressure on him today, but Billy Wagner looked outstanding. Fastball was consistently hitting 97. And that slider was just filthy!

Yeah game over :mad: Horrible pitching = FAIL. The cubs will win more games than they will loose when they score 5+ runs, but if they are going to pitch like garbage it will be a long year.

umpires already making me angry with blown calls as well. ARGH!!! That Byrd fly to center hit the ground. Dangit!

In the end, that drop by Mclouth had absolutely no bearing on the outcome. But yeah, pretty bad that they even checked with the other umpires, and none of them saw it bounce on the ground.

In the end, that drop by Mclouth had absolutely no bearing on the outcome. But yeah, pretty bad that they even checked with the other umpires, and none of them saw it bounce on the ground.

I doubt the cubs would have won if the call was made correctly, but i do know that everything that happens after that play would have been different had the call been made correctly. Change one moment (one play like today), and then everything that happens after that changes as well. I am not saying the Cubs would have won, just that everything that would have come after that would have been different, so you do not know what would have happened.

The Braves were the better team today plain and simple. No excuses, just bad pitching. There will be plenty more bad calls this year. Calls that go for my team, and ones that go against.

Yeah, you get it free for a week

Wish MLB.TV would have some kind of free package, I'm listening on MLB audio package. I do believe radio is better though, all the legends do radio and all the young kids do TV (with exception of Scully)

There are some TV guys who are alright though, I like Len Kasper of Cubs

Anyway what is so bad about JS? I remember hearing about phenom last year and then he faded away. Was he a bust?

Edited by ixcuincle

Yeah, you get it free for a week

Wish MLB.TV would have some kind of free package, I'm listening on MLB audio package. I do believe radio is better though, all the legends do radio and all the young kids do TV (with exception of Scully)

There are some TV guys who are alright though, I like Len Kasper of Cubs

Anyway what is so bad about JS? I remember hearing about phenom last year and then he faded away. Was he a bust?

Schafer probably wasn't quite ready last year. He had an incredible first game last year. Then basically did nothing. But I've heard that his wrist was part of the problem. Who knows. I cooled on the guy after he got busted for HGH, or whatever. I wish they could have traded him.

orioles dropped their opener on a blown save opportunity

Gonzalez was shaky at best coming into this season, this is just another hole in the pitching department the Os have to fill in order to compete in the toughest division in baseball. On a more positive note, Millwood pitched well tonight, and he is going to be a vital key not only to win games, but also to help develop some of the young pitchers.

The Rangers and Braves are on pace for 162 wins. :)

As are.....YOUR....Pittsburgh Pirates.

And Garrett Jones is on pace for 324 home runs. Twice as good as that little Heyward kid. :silly:

Edited by Teller

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big_league_stew/post/Game-on-David-Ortiz-and-Red-Sox-media-clash-on-;_ylt=ArjlDOP2otz12LAZlD34Nt45nYcB?urn=mlb,232624

Was Tuesday jump-the-gun night in Boston? After a 6-4 loss to the Yankees, the Red Sox media began writing a slew of stories wondering whether it was time to bench David Ortiz(notes) after he started the season 0-for-7 at the plate.

In turn, Big Papi answered the postgame questioning with a profane comeback normally reserved for the end of a bad road trip during the dog days of August.

Here's what Ortiz said, via the Globe:

"[Expletive] happens. Then you guys talk [expletive]. Two [expletive] games already. You [expletives] going crazy. What's up with that, man? [Expletive]. There's 160 games left. Ain't that a [expletive]."

Welcome to opening week at Fenway Park, everyone!

Ortiz is right — it certainly is a (expletive) that the Red Sox have played only two games. I mean, can you imagine what this hysteria is going to sound like if Ortiz puts together a start like he did last season, when he hit .230 in April, followed it up with a .143 mark in May and didn't go yard until May 20?

Ortiz is also right, of course, to bristle about the small sample size he's being criticized for, but he also has to know he put himself into this position with his play from 2009. Criticism from the press — no matter how small the sample size or the timing of it — has to be expected and acting cranky out of the gate isn't going to help Ortiz's cause at all.

One final thought: I've been semi-surprised that Ortiz's declining skills at the plate, his previous admitted use of "supplements and vitamins" and his not being sure if he ever took steroids haven't been linked in the media more often. If his struggles continue, maybe that's a wall we'll soon see torn down.

This has the potential to get a lot uglier.

:ols: