Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT: Tebow's Pre-Wonderlic Prayer Request Falls Flat

buenosdiaz

Ok I know some of you are going to think this is wrong...

but i found it pretty hilarious just imagining the sheer ridiculousness of the occurence

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/23/tebows-pre-wonderlic-prayer-request-falls-flat/

<H1>Tebow's pre-Wonderlic prayer request falls flat

Posted by Mike Florio on March 23, 2010 7:20 PM ET

As we've mentioned once or twice, quarterback Tim Tebow's habit of openly expressing his religious beliefs could potentially rub folks the wrong way, especially in a locker room of grown men who choose to keep their beliefs to themselves, who don't share his beliefs at all, and/or who only want to hear "God bless" after they have sneezed.

We're told that Tebow already has gotten a taste of the resistance he might face at the next level.

At the Scouting Combine, the Wonderlic exam is administered to players in groups. The 12-minute test is preceded by some brief instructions and comments from the person administering the test.

Per a league source, after the person administering the test to Tebow's group had finished, Tebow made a request that the players bow their heads in prayer before taking the 50-question exam.

Said one of the other players in response: "Shut the f--k up." Others players in the room then laughed.

We're not passing judgment on this one; we're just passing along what we've heard. And it illustrates the type of challenges that could be faced by the team that drafts Tebow.

That said, some teams might embrace those challenges. The final decision will depend largely on the composition of the team, and the personalities of the coach, the G.M., and the owner.

</H1>

Kurt Warner and Reggie White didn't seem to have any problems in the league. Not saything that to endorse bible thumping in the locker room but there are a lot of religious players in the league.

They also did not have messiah complexes.

It's not so much that Tebow is a Christian. It's that there seems to be a weird little cult forming around Tebow and he seems eager to embrace it.

Kurt Warner and Reggie White didn't seem to have any problems in the league. Not saything that to endorse bible thumping in the locker room but there are a lot of religious players in the league.

I don't think either of them started any of that untill after they were considered elite. I think the OP should also include the PFT post in which Tebow personally called Florio and disputed the story and even dropped names of the other players in the room if he wanted to interview them.

I'll admit I cracked up when I first heard this story but it seems that either it is false or Tebow is capable of lieing.

Tebow needs to be more in touch with reality and aware of his surroundings. not everyone is christian and not many people want other peoples faith forced on them.

as for whoever said it... d-bag. its very easy to not be rude about it.

One can be a Christian and not be THAT Christian. Seriously, a 12 minute quiz that ultimately means nothing? Save the prayers for when it counts. But if tebow feels the need to it is his right. At the same time though anyone else that's present has the right to tell him to save the Bible beating for another time.

Tebow needs to be more in touch with reality and aware of his surroundings. not everyone is christian and not many people want other peoples faith forced on them.

as for whoever said it... d-bag. its very easy to not be rude about it.

I kind of agree. Tebow is a very Christian guy, and it would have been simple to either ignore it or just kind of say "Nah man, I'm okay" but that's just rude, no matter how you slice it.

I kind of agree. Tebow is a very Christian guy, and it would have been simple to either ignore it or just kind of say "Nah man, I'm okay" but that's just rude, no matter how you slice it.

Granted considering how much Tebow tends to bring his religion up I wonder if it just started to get on peoples nerves and that was just the straw the broke the camel's back.

There was another article on PFT yesterday debunking this myth.

However, back when I was in college, I'd always say a quick prayer to God. Why? I wanted to do my best and acknowledge that he gave me my intellect. There is nothing wrong with that.

And oh btw, some Christians pray more often then you might hting. YOu don't have to be on your knees to pray. Heck, I've been known to pray in the shower, or while doing my bizness, whenever I could find a quiet moment.

This is funny if true. I'd likely have been one of the ones laughing, or if Hershey Pork's theory is right the one to tell him to shut up.

The other funny thing is he ended up scoring only a 22 on the Wonderlic. Guess he didn't pray hard enough.

YOu don't have to be on your knees to pray. Heck, I've been known to pray in the shower, or while doing my bizness, whenever I could find a quiet moment.

I bet most of the unanswered prayers are the ones said while taking a dump.

Archived