Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT: Tebow's Pre-Wonderlic Prayer Request Falls Flat

buenosdiaz

And I think he's as queer as one.

Really sick of seeing you trash a kid who has done more by the time he was 20 years old than most people ever come close to accomplishing during a lifetime.Leave the kid alone.I like FSU myself but it is just stupid to to attack him personally.

"awesome"??? Really? The man made a request (politely) and some azzhat told him to STFU and that's "awesome"? Why is that?

children think that sort of behavior is funny.. or at least want everyone to see that they think it's awesome, so we can all see how "cool" he is.

I was offered a spot on the cowboys team in a VA pro league. You tell me.

Is there a reason your response is pissy, when I asked you a legit question? Especially when your response allows you to brag a little. Most people are okay with that.

Pun FTW.

Although this story has been debunked (at least the "STFU" part of it), I choose to accept it as reality, mostly because I think Tebow is a big douchey phony.

Also, don't you think God has more important stuff to do than help you on an IQ test? Maybe pray for the Haiti earthquake victims or whatever other cause-of-the-week it is celebrities are on now. You're being a greedy tool.

I think theres enough evidence of children being blown up by landmines, abusive husbands beating their wives, and eldery going neglected that God just either DOESNT exist or he stands back and observes his creation without any interference.

Completely ridiculous and sad that a football player would pray to God to do well on a standardized exam when there are being the world over suffering.

God helped us win this football game - yeah I guess he did and that's why he was too busy to end famine in Africa. Right. Morons.

I think he's a joke but thats not in the least acceptable. Jerry Smith, one of the all time great Redskins, was gay and so what. It's none of your business even if he was.

It would make Tebow a hypocrite, confirming the notion that he's a disingenuous asshat.

Really sick of seeing you trash a kid who has done more by the time he was 20 years old than most people ever come close to accomplishing during a lifetime.Leave the kid alone.I like FSU myself but it is just stupid to to attack him personally.

I was just clowning on him, lighten up.

Is there a reason your response is pissy, when I asked you a legit question? Especially when your response allows you to brag a little. Most people are okay with that.

My post wouldn't be so much on the pissy side if your earlier response of "How often did you score" didn't come across as taking a shot at my playing ability.

lol, um, maybe the writer is just plain ignorant, but many many football players are very openly professing Christians, and it is very often to see large groups of them before the game, or after the game praying. Its not going to be a problem to "fit in".

Further, you think thats the first time Tebow has heard that? Because some people don't like it doesn't effect his decision to do it, its not based on a popularity contest. Tebow has never been moved by that, say what you want about the guy.

The article reeks of someone with an agenda, it just doesnt make a whole lot of sense.

My post wouldn't be so much on the pissy side if your earlier response of "How often did you score" didn't come across as taking a shot at my playing ability.

That's how you chose to interpret it, I guess. My question was in no way sarcastic or even joking, I was being honest. There are tens of thousands of people on this board, I wouldn't take it upon myself to assume the football skill of anyone, especially someone in their twenties. I was curious.

That's how you chose to interpret it, I guess. My question was in no way sarcastic or even joking, I was being honest. There are tens of thousands of people on this board, I wouldn't take it upon myself to assume the football skill of anyone, especially someone in their twenties. I was curious.

Alright cool man:)

To answer your question I even now I run into people in basketball who have their own religious things they do before, during, or after a game. Too much in the NFL you see players doing signals to the sky that that are just for show. Then you have things such as Moss holding up 21 after a TD or Ocho Cinco doing his prayer for his fallen friend which are completely acceptable. There's nothing wrong a little religion as long as its not pushed on anyone. Doing small signals to the sky as alittle thank you after a TD, goal, big shot, etc really shouldn't be a problem. Now if anything like this story ever happened then you'll see things get messy. Practicing a religion is one thing but asking others to is a total separate issue. I highly doubt Tebow would ever become so arrogant that he would ask such thing as a group prayer. If Tebow wants to do group prayers though he better hope that mock draft showing him going to Philly is wrong. Only group prayers there are players praying they don't get killed by beer bottles and other heavy objects should they lose in the Linc.:ols:

Soo mean but funnny. Im not a racist I swear but I imagine a big black dude saying that to him and his face turning red.
Well, going by the pretty strong rumors from UF last year, Tebow had his critics within the locker room, with some of his teammates (defensive players in particular) calling him out by the end of the season.

So it's probably a good guess that your mental image has already come true for him.

lol, um, maybe the writer is just plain ignorant, but many many football players are very openly professing Christians, and it is very often to see large groups of them before the game, or after the game praying. Its not going to be a problem to "fit in".

Further, you think thats the first time Tebow has heard that? Because some people don't like it doesn't effect his decision to do it, its not based on a popularity contest. Tebow has never been moved by that, say what you want about the guy.

The article reeks of someone with an agenda, it just doesnt make a whole lot of sense.

Players who want to pray can get together and pray. They gather together and do it, and no one stops them. Trying to use peer pressure, in a mandatory gathering setting, to get every player to join in your agenda is a totally different thing.

Besides all the other valid points against it, it really reaks of putting on a show, or airs..... "Look at me I am a great christian kid and will lead all the other players to do what I want them to!"

You want to pray for your wonderlic score instead of all the suffering in the world, bow your head and do it.... otherwise, though harsh in laguage, I find the other players advice sound.

You're not comparing what Tebow supposedly did and a group of players who get together before or after a game and pray are you? I doubt that these players approach other players and suggest that they pray. The situation that you describe is totally different that the Tebow situation. Not even close.

Archived