Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT: Tebow's Pre-Wonderlic Prayer Request Falls Flat

buenosdiaz

When will these players learn that God doesn't give 2 ****s about football.

You never hear a player say, "God made me miss that catch."

Personally I don't think "Satan" gets enough credit. Everyone gives "God" all the credit, but what if it were "Satan" who made it possible to hold onto that ball in the endzone while getting demolished by a safety, even if purely to spite the other team?

Personally I don't think "Satan" gets enough credit. Everyone gives "God" all the credit, but what if it were "Satan" who made it possible to hold onto that ball in the endzone while getting demolished by a safety, even if purely to spite the other team?

I agree with that.

• 2 weeks later...
haha Tebowned.

Pun FTW.

Although this story has been debunked (at least the "STFU" part of it), I choose to accept it as reality, mostly because I think Tebow is a big douchey phony.

Also, don't you think God has more important stuff to do than help you on an IQ test? Maybe pray for the Haiti earthquake victims or whatever other cause-of-the-week it is celebrities are on now. You're being a greedy tool.

Poor Tebow. The guy is a model citizen and get's less respect then the criminals of the sports world. Go sexually assault someone Tim. You'll then be loved by many.

Yeah, poor Tebow. If only something would go his way for a change.

Some people think he's insincere. So what? He's also about to get paid many millions of dollars he's not likely to ever actually earn. I think he can deal with a few people thinking he sucks.

Also, don't you think God has more important stuff to do than help you on an IQ test? Maybe pray for the Haiti earthquake victims or whatever other cause-of-the-week it is celebrities are on now. You're being a greedy tool.
I don't necessarily agree with that.

He could have just as easily prayed for Haiti, and then prayed before the Wonderlic. It's not like he has a cap limit on the amount of prayers he can put out each day. If he's as religious as he claims to be (and all signs point to it being a real devotion of his), he probably prays all the time about everything.

And if he's looking at it like "hey, if I do well on the Wonderlic, I can get drafted higher, get a bigger contract, and then put that money towards the missionary work I'm involved in," is that really an issue?

There are very, very few on this message board who have as much reason to despise Tebow as I do.

Can he get too preachy with his religious stuff? Yeah, probably. But I think this PFT story is just simple ammo to pile on the guy with, and just another reason why most of PFT is straight garbage anymore.

The story is false. I see no problem with saying a prayer on his own. I would always signal to the sky after getting TD when I played cornerback in football(My teammates respected that). or even now when I hit a big shot in basketball as a SF. (my teammates just give me a high five after I signal) I do that as a acknowledgment of the athletic ability I received from God. As long as you don't force your religion on anyone there shouldn't be a problem. If Tebow wants to do prayers though he should wait until someone asks to join. Once again though this story is completely false.

The story is false. I see no problem with saying a prayer on his own. I would always signal to the sky after getting TD when I played cornerback in football(My teammates respected that). or even now when I hit a big shot in basketball as a SF. (my teammates just give me a high five after I signal) I do that as a acknowledgment of the athletic ability I received from God. As long as you don't force your religion on anyone there shouldn't be a problem. If Tebow wants to do prayers though he should wait until someone asks to join. Once again though this story is completely false.

Did this happen often for you?

There are very, very few on this message board who have as much reason to despise Tebow as I do.

You're more qualified to dislike Tebow because you're an FSU fan? BS. I'm a fan of people who aren't smug douches. That qualifies me to dislike Tebow, too.

You're more qualified to dislike Tebow because you're an FSU fan? BS. I'm a fan of people who aren't smug douches. That qualifies me to dislike Tebow, too.
Sure. And if you're going to look at him like that, then add in having him rip the heart and soul out of your school and college team four years in a row, two times of which you watched in person (including one game in the pouring rain).

But he's really not that smug. From everything I've heard about his time in Gainesville, he really was this uber-religious nerd. He actually alienated some of his UF teammates because he didn't go out partying with them. I think the biggest trouble I ever heard him getting into was some people were upset with him because he was riding around campus on a scooter without a helmet on.

They also did not have messiah complexes.

It's not so much that Tebow is a Christian. It's that there seems to be a weird little cult forming around Tebow and he seems eager to embrace it.

I agree' date=' but beyond that I find it bothersome that someone could be so narcissistic to think that God can let billions of people, including an awful lot of children, suffer and die throughout history to diseases, starvation, war, pestilence, etc, yet he is going to work himself up to help Tim "****ing" Tebow do better on his Wonderlic![/font']

Don't tell me what you believe, show me what you have done and I will know what you truly believe.

I kind of agree. Tebow is a very Christian guy, and it would have been simple to either ignore it or just kind of say "Nah man, I'm okay" but that's just rude, no matter how you slice it.

He needs to get over it, it's gonna be far worse if he ever sees the field. I actually think it's funny.

I have a hard time believing Mike Florio. It's like Jimmy Clausen's agent is getting this douche to keep him in the top 10 of the draft. How is it that a league source will comment directly with a Tim Tebow put-down story but won't identify the player that gave the put-down?

I don't see a problem with "openly expressing his religious beliefs", but he should do his prayers in private or to himself, especially for something like a test. He did go to college. His professors are not going to have a classroom prayer. So, I'm really finding it hard to believe Florio's story.

Archived