Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Global Warming by Political Affiliation

AsburySkinsFan

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Wow!

Only three kind of people in the world.

Well, I'm not liberal.

I'm not moderate.

And, I'm not conservative.

I'm obviously an alien extremist. :evilg:

So, no vote for me I guess.

Of course it is. How much and what other options are the real issues.

I dont know anyone who thinks mankind has NO affect.

Thing is that some deny global warming completely, I'm just wondering if there is any sort of discernible connection between their position and their political affiliations.

Oh..hokie4redskins you open a thread, don't vote and don't have anything to say about the question at hand...you're right you failed.

My beliefs about the daily weather and climate trends that last a few years or a few days have no political agenda. To me, weather trends that last a year, a few years, or several decades does not know if we are liberal or conservative.

I'm fascinated by the weather. God's creation is awesome and the weather is a significant part of it. That is why I enjoy learning about the hot days, the snowstorms, the hurricanes, the hailstorms, and so on.

Instead of assigning a political agenda to the weather, let's just marvel in God's creation and be amazed at what it can do.

Of course it is. How much and what other options are the real issues.

I dont know anyone who thinks mankind has NO affect.

I assumed it was in context of ruining the world as we know it which seems to be the way it seems phrased at times.

Conservative and I said no.

I think the world goes through constant changes all the time. Sometimes extremes in opposite directions happen.

Instead of assigning a political agenda to the weather, let's just marvel in God's creation and be amazed at what it can do.

Burgundy, so you don't see any correlation between political affiliations and a tendency to either ascribe to or dismiss the idea of man caused global warming. Maybe its just me but I see it all over the place. You may be the exception that simply proves the rule though.

Burgundy, so you don't see any correlation between political affiliations and a tendency to either ascribe to or dismiss the idea of man caused global warming. Maybe its just me but I see it all over the place. You may be the exception that simply proves the rule though.

The weather is the weather - it would happen if we are here or not. But I understand what you are saying. Here is a shocker for you...

I am not a total denier. We have some influence on the climate. We are a part of nature and a part of this world. To say that we have no influence on it is an ignorant stance to take. But I go back to the first paragraph and say the weather would happen anyway.

I simply don't believe we can alter weather patterns on a massive scale. Locally, that can be debated. In Atlanta, some studies have demonstrated that the local weather has been altered a bit over the last century. The extreme summer heat in Georgia is well documented - add the surroundings in Atlanta and it has been known to produce a late day thunderstorm in that area only. All that asphalt and building roofs play a part. But it has no affect on Savannah. In Atlanta, the temp can be 98F, but in nearby Conyers it can be 93F - very localized and it has no influence in other areas.

So you're saying you want the long census form? Come on we all fit closer to one of these than the others....and since we're here at ES I dare say we are all extremists. ;)

I think sharing certain beliefs with the most left leaning liberals, and at the same time, the furthest right wing conservatives, cancels those two out, while literally removing moderate from the equation.

And no, some here are EINO's.:silly:

An interesting sociological study would be to examine from a panel data set the time series trends of beliefs of self identified "liberals" and "conservatives".

I am fairly positive that a chow test would detect a statistically significant inflection point in "conservative" opinion of the science, following Al Gore's little movie (and his nobel prize). I know that conservatives feel that those that believe in global warming behave somewhat like a cult religion, and think that the whole analysis has been politicized... but I have to say that if anything, the evidence SEEMS to point to the "sceptic" side showing WAYYYYYY more politicization in this area.

But, who knows... that is why you crunch the numbers~!

Conservative that acknowledges warming ,and now cooling trends,but is skeptical of humans as the driving force...and of our ability to radically change either.

I also am biased towards warming as a GOOD thing

Just curious to see how this breaks down. Pretty simple really find the one that best describes you and click. This is a public poll...why...because I hate ninja votes.

I don't fit into any of those catagories and I suspect I'm not alone. I'm a conservative. I think that Global Warming may be occuring (not sure it really is or isn't because of the tainted process) , men may have contributed (not sure to what what level) but suspect the costs outway any benefits on the proposed responses. I am definately against passing any policy that damages our economic interests until those three questions get resolved.

I saw that documentary about the world after people or something like that. The one that showed how quickly mother nature took over everything and it convinced me then and there how little and insignificant humans are to Mother Nature and this planet. So I guess I don't believe in global warming.

I do take exception with the poll somewhat. "I believe in global warming AND that it is being further influenced by humanity"

Does it have to be "and"?

Isn't that kind of the point? If you accept the fact that the world has warmed over the past century or so - and I use the term "accept" loosely, because we're talking about numbers here, I think this is something we can all agree upon - but you think that it's simply due to natural changes in solar radiation or climate cycles or something similar, then you're not really buying into the whole "man-made pollutants are the root cause of this phenomenon" theory.

Isn't that kind of the point? If you accept the fact that the world has warmed over the past century or so - and I use the term "accept" loosely, because we're talking about numbers here, I think this is something we can all agree upon - but you think that it's simply due to natural changes in solar radiation or climate cycles or something similar, then you're not really buying into the whole "man-made pollutants are the root cause of this phenomenon" theory.

I think we're arguing semantics a bit, but it is possible to believe in global warming and also feel that man has little to do with it.

I would prefer simply "I believe in man-made climate change" -vs- not.

I think we're arguing semantics a bit, but it is possible to believe in global warming and also feel that man has little to do with it.

I would prefer simply "I believe in man-made climate change" -vs- not.

But wouldn't that be ambiguous also? People would answer no and then say, well, I believe that man might affect temperatures 0.2% but climate change is not all man-made.

All these "believe in" polls miss the point IMO. What really matters is what you're willing to do about it. The real question should be: "Do you support cap-and-trade for greenhouse gases?"

Archived