Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Worrisome Draft Scenario: Bradford, Okung, Suh are gone, who do we take with 4th overall pick?

killerbee99

I actually do kind of like berry, I just don't see how it makes sense. But I understand the Notre Dame sympathies, I'd rather take Golden Tate as take clausen to be honest, and we all know that WR isn't a high priority right now.

okay, so if we can't trade down then dangle the pick to San Diego for LT Marcus McNeill.

If not, then draft the best tackle that fits this:

Coordination and technique matter more than muscle in implementing a successful ZBS because defensive linemen are often double-teamed at the point of attack. Creating movement on the defensive line is more important than opening a specific hole in the defense.

BPA, I'd say go with Gerald McCoy. They say with his size and speed he could play d-end in the 3-4. Imagine Danials, AH(at nose), McCoy on the line. Nobodys going to run on that front. Backers could be (if u believe the rumors) from left to right, Peppers,Fletcher, Dansby or Rocky Mac, and Orakpo. Front seven would be great, spend the rest of the draft on o-line.

Is anyone else feeling as torn as I am about the possibility of Clausen? I really really hate all things Notre Dame, and generally feel like players coming from there are nothing but members of the hype machine. It kinda disgusts me to think of our franchise QB being a Notre Dame guy. It's like no matter how good he does, he's been tainted. Anyone agree with me?

As a Michigan fan, I couldn't agree more with the hate for Notre Dame. So I know I'm biased against Clausen, and would hate for us to take him. But then again, I got to love Joe Theisman - also from Notre Dame.

Shanahan and Allen have both said the Skins want competition at every position, so it is logical to trade down to get more competition.

We trade the # 4 for a late first rounder and a # ? and/or # ?. I like to think a # 2 from a hungry team is possible. I would take that. It is a strong draft according to the pundits.

If Bradford is there at # 4, it will be hard to give him up.

Just because a QB is picked in the 1st round doesn't mean he is going to be the answer for any team. We have a 1st round QB now who hasn't even had a winning season, we had another bust with Shuler. Tom Brady was a 6th round pick and sure wasn't a big name in college. The talent is out there, we just have to find it.

I would try trading back some where in the top ten and picking up an extra 2nd and a couple of mid round picks.Then I would draft C.J.Spiller with my first pick. If clausen sliped (ala rogers or Quin)Then I would trade back in to the first. Other wise I would pick colt mchoy and best OL on the board.then you would still have 5 mid round picks to use to fill holes. Que LYNCH MOB in 5.4.3.2.1...............

To all the people who suggest trading back... Thats the first choice any team in the top 5 would love to do, but you need a team willing to trade up!! They take BPA.

yeah true but in this case you would have mchoy and berry on the board i I think we could get a trade done if we only asked for a 2nd and 2 mid round picks.just to trade down maybe 3 to 5 spots.plus its an uncaped year so that could play apart.

I would most like to see the Redskins draft an OL with the fourth selection. However, if G. McCoy or Suh were to somehow fall to us at No. 4, I think the Redskins should waste no time in drafting one of those players.

I know we need O-linemen but G. McCoy and/or Suh would be too good to pass up.

How do you guys think the draft will be affected this year with there being separate days for the rounds. Seems like there will be more time to discuss trades and who you draft. Things will be a little different as far as the draft is usually handled I believe.

what about mclain he could make a great future leader for our defense

When I watch him I don't see a top 5 or even top 10 pick. He seems like the kind of guy that falls in somewhere in the 20's. I could be wrong, but he just doesn't seem very quick and never really lays a big hit. He's solid, very tall, and maybe he's smart enough to become a great player, but I don't see it in his athleticism yet.

CJ Spiller is the pick @ 4 -- Youtube any of his highlights and you will see what this dude is all about. If we don't take a QB @ 4, we can draft Spiller and have the game breaker that we need. We shouldn't reach for a QB, take the best back available and build around him. At the very least Jason, or whomever is behind center can hand the rock off to Spiller and CP. We control the clock and play great defense and continue to build up the offensive line in future drafts. We aren't going to the SB next season so we may as well put the proper pieces in place.

CJ Spiller is the pick @ 4 -- Youtube any of his highlights and you will see what this dude is all about. If we don't take a QB @ 4, we can draft Spiller and have the game breaker that we need.

Youtube any of reggie bush's college highlights...

McCoy would be the top rated player, but is not a great schematic fit for the 3-4. McCoy's temperament also worries me. His affect is too nice. He always wears a pleasant smile. I'd prefer a defensive lineman with a permanent scowl like Suh. McCoy's weakness on the bench doesn't worry me because he lacks functional strength, but because it shows a lack of dedication in the weight room.

I'd take Berry before McCoy, but If Suh, Bradford and Okung are gone I think we either trade down, or go with Clausen or Anthony Davis.

You have to figure however that the Bucs could still choose Berry, or McCoy, or trade down. Two months ago I would have said there is no chance that Suh falls to us. I now think there may be a 20 percent chance.

Archived