Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Worrisome Draft Scenario: Bradford, Okung, Suh are gone, who do we take with 4th overall pick?

killerbee99

In this scenario you have to take BPA in a need position. I would think McCoy would be that player. Shanny has said he believes his lines should be strong. The FO just has to evaluate if the McCoy is better than the second best tackle. I bet McCoy is making him an easy pick.

It is looking like Bradford will be gone. I just hope Okung is still on the board.

At 4, we take the best QB available. Period.

So in this scenario, we go Tebow.

yeah, like how the Bengals grabbed Akili Smith with the #3 pick in 1999. How did that work out?

If the only guy you think is a franchise QB is gone at #4, then move on to another position. take the next best OT, because they wont be there in the second round. There is a big drop off in talent after the top 7 OT's, and we will need at least one stud draft pick to help fill the holes on the O line, especially now with Samuels' retiring.

I think the only QB who will pan out is Bradford, and if he is gone, I would only take Clausen or Tebow with a late first round (15 or lower) or a second round pick.

You can always find someone, even a vet, who can fill in for a year a QB, but starting quality O linemen just do not make it to free agency unless they are old, overpaid or both.

if Bradford is gone already, I don't think Shanny likes the idea of taking OLIne in the 1st round so then if this was happen we'd have to go BPA. Take the best value no matter what.

I agree with the majority that we need OLine upgrade but the reality is Shanny wont take OLine early, his history in this league has shown he doesn't draft that position high.

So if there's no Bradford, I say we go BPA, McCoy or Berry.

If none of those guys are there, trade back to a team that wants or needs either a DT or a safety. McCoy and Berry would both be worth the #4 pick, but the Skins don't need them.

They also don't need to take Clausen or reach for a OT that's not worth it in that spot.

If you can't trade back, take Berry. I think out of the top ten projected players. Berry and Suh are the two with the highest ceilings or guys you could label can't miss prospects.

On NFL Network Gerald McCoy just listed the teams that interviewed him and the Redskins were not one of them.

FWIW shanahan never interviewed cutler nor attended his workouts and still traded up to draft him

Also, very good question, OP.

I really think we could trade the pick, though, as there have to be more than two teams out there who'd love to land McCoy.

If not... I really don't know... Anthony Davis I guess?

You definitely go tight end.

A 3 tight end set could really pose problems for the other teams in our division.

We don't need any TE or WR with this pick for the fist time in many years this can be put to bed. Maybe pick them later if need or someone is there. If Clausen is there & is what our coaach want's take him or best OL player.

This could be best case scenario, some serious trade bait, and maybe we could trade down for a later first and get a late second or early third. If not able to trade Anythony davis out of Rutgers is going to be better than Okung, I would not mind McCoy, hell I would not care if we take Clausen

We don't need any TE or WR with this pick for the fist time in many years this can be put to bed. Maybe pick them later if need or someone is there. If Clausen is there & is what our coaach want's take him or best OL player.

Sarcasm buddy. He's making fun at the Fred Davis pick.

In that case someone will surely trade up for McCoy or Berry. We might not get the kind of value we want, but surely someone will want to leapfrop the Chiefs, Seahawks, or Browns. We might only get a 3rd or, if we're lucky, an extra 2nd, but it'll be worth it.

I guess my question is this, what would we do at this juncture if this scenario pans out? Because I personally wouldn't know what the heck to do.

According the scouting reports that i've seen there isn't much of a difference between the top rated OL.

Some scouts like Mike Mayock have McCoy rated ahead of Suh

And for those who want a QB Clausen is an option at 4 some scouts like Kiper have Clausen rated ahead of Bradford

So all the options are open.

Me personally i would take a LT Bulaga or Davis

Archived