Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Worrisome Draft Scenario: Bradford, Okung, Suh are gone, who do we take with 4th overall pick?

killerbee99

If we HAVE to pick either McCoy if we think he fits our 3-4 transition as 5 tech DE or Davis/Balauga if they grade out high for our blocking scheme.

Obviously if we have Clausen rated highly he could be a possibility and there should be plenty of options to trade down with McCoy/Berry available.

I personally think it would come down to McCoy as DE vs. next best OL. For all we know Okung isn't even our top rated OT so I don't think it's a panic situation.

Take Spiller (or Berry or McCoy or Bryant) and sit him a year to get used to the speed of the game. Then trade away all our picks this year and next year in return for the pleasure of knowing that someone else will use them better than we can.

Goodness! We trade back, or we take the QB or OT we like. Hopefully trade back, if we can't do that we pick Clausen or an OT. There are projected to be 4 or 5 OTs taken in the top 10! Is it THAT big a deal if we take an OT a spot or 2 before he's projected?! And the experts disagree on whether Bradford or Clausen is better.

Simple. We draft Clausen. It's time for a franchise QB. After watching some Clausen highlights, he has demonstrated that he can be clutch. It was nice seeing a QB lead his team to a come from behind victory under two minutes in the 4th qt. We don't have that right now.

We take either Eric Berry or Gerald McKoy. I'd be cool with that scenario....

McCoy just interviewed on the network and asked which teams he was interviewed by, Redskins mysteriously vacant from his list of 10+ teams, pretty surprised by that as i thought we would really be looking at him to play the nose if he dropped.

McCoy is BPA... u take him... and yes hes a huge fit for a 3-4 NT. Which is the most coveted position in football, outside a QB. Just look at the franchise tags... 4 of the 7 tags were used on NTs.

That pick would have extreme value should this scenario take place.

McCoy just interviewed on the network and asked which teams he was interviewed by, Redskins mysteriously vacant from his list of 10+ teams, pretty surprised by that as i thought we would really be looking at him to play the nose if he dropped.

The Broncos didn't interview Cutler at the combine. They didn't even bring him in for a work out. He was shocked they drafted him.

Clausen would be the best value here for the Redskins. Taking a guy like McCoy or Berry is tempting, but our problems are on offense. If Shanahan thinks Clausen is a Cutler type of player in the offense we have here, you draft him without question.

Brian Bulaga. Some scouts like him better than Okung. Only a slight, slight reach at 4.

If the pats would have taken Brady in the first round would it have been a reach? Take anyone time will tell if they are a reach not Adam Schefter or the other talking heads.

bruce campbell would be a reach at 4, if you want OT and okung is gone, then I hope they take Bryan Bulaga

i see bulaga more as a RT unworthy of the 4th pick. the only players still on the board currently worth a top 4 pick are Clausen and Gerald McCoy. i agree that campbell would be a reach at 4 but the skins need is so great that minus a trade it makes a lot of sense to grab the best LT still on the board.

the closer we get to the draft the more i'm warming up to the idea of selecting clausen with the forth pick of the draft. however he is not a lock to be there for the skins at 4. would not be surprised to learn other teams are planing to jump past the skins to take him. if the rams are dumb enough to take bradford with the first pick clausen could easily go to whichever team ends up with the 2nd overall pick. that would leave okung or suh for the skins. if it's okung you grab him. if it's suh you try to trade out of the pick.

i see bulaga more as a RT unworthy of the 4th pick. the only players still on the board currently worth a top 4 pick are Clausen and Gerald McCoy. i agree that campbell would be a reach at 4 but the skins need is so great that minus a trade it makes a lot of sense to grab the best LT still on the board.

the closer we get to the draft the more i'm warming up to the idea of selecting clausen with the forth pick of the draft. however he is not a lock to be there for the skins at 4. would not be surprised to learn other teams are planing to jump past the skins to take him. if the rams are dumb enough to take bradford with the first pick clausen could easily go to whichever team ends up with the 2nd overall pick. that would leave okung or suh for the skins. if it's okung you grab him. if it's suh you try to trade out of the pick.

Really?? Why is it that people think we were right to rush to the podium last yr. to scoop Orakpo when we could've got Oher and possibly Oher and an OLb with a trade. But if the best player some of these experts has ever seen is there for us we need to trade down or take a tackle?? Add to that our new coach is a master at getting OL in later rounds serviceable in his all-time great running game.

Archived