Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Worrisome Draft Scenario: Bradford, Okung, Suh are gone, who do we take with 4th overall pick?

killerbee99

CJ Spiller is the pick @ 4 -- Youtube any of his highlights and you will see what this dude is all about. If we don't take a QB @ 4, we can draft Spiller and have the game breaker that we need. We shouldn't reach for a QB, take the best back available and build around him. At the very least Jason, or whomever is behind center can hand the rock off to Spiller and CP. We control the clock and play great defense and continue to build up the offensive line in future drafts. We aren't going to the SB next season so we may as well put the proper pieces in place.

RB's don't win you games

Bush didn't play in the SEC..Spiller is the real deal!!!

Last time I checked, Clemson was in the ACC....

I would definetly Go with ERIC BERRY!! He is gonna be the real deal and can play Centerfield allowing LLandry to play his natural position SS..

Hmmm...I might be okay with this, but does Berry not play SS for Tennessee. Are we sure that he could play center fielder?

Hmmm...I might be okay with this, but does Berry not play SS for Tennessee. Are we sure that he could play center fielder?

Yes...Last year he did not fit Kiffin Defense as he put him in the box..The prior two years he play a Ballhawking FS/Centerfield and had 13 ints in two years!!!He is the perfect FS for out system.

This would be a great scenario IMO. At 4 you either take McCoy or trade down. McCoy up front in a 3-4 with Haynesworth and Orakpo coming off the edge would be ridiculous. If you decide to go the other route and trade the pick, this is the only way I can see that pick holding good enough value where someone would want to move up and get it...

Clausen

Best player left imo. This senario could happen tho. I doubt the Lions will pass on Suh, but if they do Okung could very well be their pick. The need to protect Stafford.

I'm not sold on Clausen, at all. I don't think we will draft a QB.

Reminder: Skins do not have to take anyone @4 ... they can PASS ... slide a few spots then grab Spiller, McClain or Bulaga.

My 2cents.

very true... it wouldn't be a bad idea either if they can't trade...

ONLY IF Bradford, Suh, and Okung are gone... no one left besides the other DT is worth a #4... or the money that goes along with it...

This would be a great scenario IMO. At 4 you either take McCoy or trade down. McCoy up front in a 3-4 with Haynesworth and Orakpo coming off the edge would be ridiculous. If you decide to go the other route and trade the pick, this is the only way I can see that pick holding good enough value where someone would want to move up and get it...

Dude he benched pressed 23 times. He's simply not strong enough to be a 3-4 DE. Not by a long shot. If Suh, Bradford, and Okung are gone. I'd say flip a coin between Berry and Clausen. I know we've gone the route of the safety in the past, but Eric Berry is a bona fide stud. I really think he's the only sure thing in the draft besides Suh. He can play CB, FS and special teams. If you've watched an interview with him, he has a good head on his shoulders and is ultra motivated. We'd be getting a player in the Ed Reed Mold guaranteed.

Brady Quinn looked more impressive coming out of college than Claussen does....

No way dude, at least not last year. Quinn choked in every big game (Michigan, USC, LSU) Clausen came to play had good stats and was just let down by his supporting cast.

Quinn can't make a fraction of the throws Clausen can: Outs to the sideline, fades. The professional throws.

Dude he benched pressed 23 times. He's simply not strong enough to be a 3-4 DE. Not by a long shot. If Suh, Bradford, and Okung are gone. I'd say flip a coin between Berry and Clausen. I know we've gone the route of the safety in the past, but Eric Berry is a bona fide stud. I really think he's the only sure thing in the draft besides Suh. He can play CB, FS and special teams. If you've watched an interview with him, he has a good head on his shoulders and is ultra motivated. We'd be getting a player in the Ed Reed Mold guaranteed.

Does anyone know McCoy's squat numbers?

If he's got the legs to counter his arm strength, that could give him enough push. It won't help him beat off linemen's arms, but he may still be able to push them back.

Kevin Williams only benched 23 times in 2003. He's only gone on to be 5x All Pro DT.

Does he play 3-4 DT or 4-3 DT? 4-3. I know Kevin Williams is good, but at this point it's about scheme. And McCoy needs to put on 25 lbs if he's gonna be in our system. Also, 3-4 DT's are all about Strength and Run Stopping. If I'm not mistaken, McCoy is a speed DT, more suited to be in a 4-3. If we were staying in a 4-3 I'd say pull that trigger, but that's not the case.

Does he play 3-4 DT or 4-3 DT? 4-3. I know Kevin Williams is good, but at this point it's about scheme. And McCoy needs to put on 25 lbs if he's gonna be in our system. Also, 3-4 DT's are all about Strength and Run Stopping. If I'm not mistaken, McCoy is a speed DT, more suited to be in a 4-3. If we were staying in a 4-3 I'd say pull that trigger, but that's not the case.

K Williams:

Height: 6' 5"

Weight: 304 lbs

40: 4.81

Reps: 23

Vert: 30"

Broad: 9' 4"

20 Yard Shuttle: 5.04

3 Cone: 7.66

G. McCoy:

Height: 6-4.

Weight: 298.

40: 4.96.

Reps: 23

Couldn't find McCoy's other stuff.

Williams is a 4-3 DT now, but was a DE in college and played a lot of DE in a 4-3 (scary) when he first came into the NFL. I see no reason why McCoy couldn't be a 3-4 DE without putting on any weight, and excel.

I'm not advocating for him, I am just saying, don't discount him b/c of his bench. Big Al, Ma'ake, and McCoy...jesus thats a scary defensive front with Rak coming off the end.

Archived