Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Worrisome Draft Scenario: Bradford, Okung, Suh are gone, who do we take with 4th overall pick?

killerbee99

Clausen would be the best value here for the Redskins. Taking a guy like McCoy or Berry is tempting, but our problems are on offense. If Shanahan thinks Clausen is a Cutler type of player in the offense we have here, you draft him without question.

Our problems are on offense so you hope to have a prospect match up with draft position but if Allen/Shanahan feel they can get a player to fit their system as well in the fourth round as they can at that #4 pick we would be foolish to spend it on an offensive lineman. Who we select is not just going to be about who is the best prospect out of A, B, and C, but how deep is each of those positions later in the draft as well.

Snead is too raw to take in the 2nd Round I'm sorry to say, maybe in the 4th or the third, but I'd rather have LeFevour over him.

I read on ESPN about LeFevour and they said the scouts were very unimpressed with his arm strength. I think Dan is slipping to 5th or 6th round to be honest.

wow this might be the least impressive responses to a thread i have read. Some people really believe thier are only three good people in the draft, some people are just missing jokes and sarcasm in fact they are quoting it and trying to talk bad about it. Come on yall were better than this

I read on ESPN about LeFevour and they said the scouts were very unimpressed with his arm strength. I think Dan is slipping to 5th or 6th round to be honest.

I don't think dan did enough throwing to prove anything at this point. SO we'll have to wait till after he, Jimmy, Colt, and Sam have their Pro Days to know for sure.

What's wrong with tying up 130 mil on the D-Line?

They are the players that have the most constant effect on opposing offenses. A good d-line greatly influences both the opposing running and passing game, as opposed to a DB which affects the passing game muuuch more than the running games, and LBs which can be 50/50, but still rely on the D-Line to hold off guards and tackles.

Having Mccoy on the D-line (or Suh) could easily give us the #1 defense.

Remember, the Steel Curtain was based on one of the best DLines the league has seen. The 2000 Ravens and 85 Bears also had nasty d-lineman, and a beastly MLB.

We already have the MLB in Fletcher.

What's wrong with tying up 130 mil on the D-Line?

They are the players that have the most constant effect on opposing offenses. A good d-line greatly influences both the opposing running and passing game' date=' as opposed to a DB which affects the passing game muuuch more than the running games, and LBs which can be 50/50, but still rely on the D-Line to hold off guards and tackles.

Having Mccoy on the D-line (or Suh) could easily give us the #1 defense.

Remember, the Steel Curtain was based on one of the best DLines the league has seen. The 2000 Ravens and 85 Bears also had nasty d-lineman, and a beastly MLB.

We already have the MLB in Fletcher.[/quote']

it's assumed we're going 3-4. We're already adjusting people to fit. Why draft another to adjust?

Two scenarios.

1. Grab the next best tackle on the board.

2. Find a partner to dance with(There will be some willing to dance), trade down, and grab your LT and RT in the first. Only teams I can think of with multiple picks in the 1st are SF and Seattle, but Seattle is behind us with the 6th pick.

Is anyone else feeling as torn as I am about the possibility of Clausen? I really really hate all things Notre Dame, and generally feel like players coming from there are nothing but members of the hype machine. It kinda disgusts me to think of our franchise QB being a Notre Dame guy. It's like no matter how good he does, he's been tainted. Anyone agree with me?

Is anyone else feeling as torn as I am about the possibility of Clausen? I really really hate all things Notre Dame, and generally feel like players coming from there are nothing but members of the hype machine. It kinda disgusts me to think of our franchise QB being a Notre Dame guy. It's like no matter how good he does, he's been tainted. Anyone agree with me?

OK I'll take the bait. Don't be irrational. JC will be a star QB in Shanny's system. Are you afraid to be a winner again?

After watching Gerald McCoy last night on NFL Network, I'm even more intrigued by him. If Haynesworth could play nose, McCoy would be an outstanding 3-4 end. But I doubt either Suh or McCoy is there. I still think our pick is Bradford if the Rams pass or we look at Okung. I just hope we don't reach for Clausen because Shanahan wants a QB

Rams - Sam Bradford QB

Spagnulo decides that he wants his franchise QB now, and with the more natural looking QB of the draft being there and recent rumblings and rumors flying around, they actually do draft Bradford. Also helps them justify investing $40 million in a position of need like QB, than on another DT they have Chris Long, Adam Carricker, 2 high picks on their D line . Just doesnt make financial sense IMHO.

Lions - Russell Okung OT

Everyone keeps saying Suh should go here but isn't it every year we hear that this is a once in a lifetime DT, like Okoye, Dorsey and a lot of other DT's who never pan out and the new Lions brass decide they want to protect their investment and actually take the best LT on the board Okung and kick their current LT Jeff Backus(30 years old) who has been mediocre, to the curb. Again makes more sense to me and even JLC on NFL Network has said that the Lions are really strongly considering this move.

Bucs - Ndamukong Suh DT

Makes sense here, the Bucs nearly trip over themselves drafting the best DT on their board, hitting that podium faster than a speeding bullet. Their Dline needs help bad.

Redskins - ?

What the heck do we do now? Can't trade down no one wants the burden of the financial hit you take picking at that spot, Gerald McCoy is there , but does he fit in a 3-4 defense, do we invest almost $30 million plus in a DT when we already got a $100 million dollar man? Jimmy Clausen QB Notre Dame would be great, but will he be a reach at this spot? Is he worth the 4th overall pick?

I guess my question is this, what would we do at this juncture if this scenario pans out? Because I personally wouldn't know what the heck to do.

I'd take McCoy. He is a close #2 to Suh.

I just watch Talyor mays from usc ran 40 (unofficil time) 4.25 and damn i will not be mad if we take him but damn move dirty 30 to SS and put mays at FS crazy

wow, that is amazing.. has berry run his 40 yet?

too bad mays can't cover squat... you'd hope with all that talent he'd be able to learn, but that's a huge risk taking him that high with how he has performed and been exposed lately...

Tough call if those 3 are off the board. Berry is the BPA, and could end up being a real stud, but does he really give us what we need to improve? I would be thrilled with the pick because of his upside, but I that might just set our team back another year.

McClain would be a fun pick. Orakpo-McClain-Fletcher-Peppers as our linebackers? Sounds good to me. The San Fran defense, despite not really upgrading any spot besides Willis, have seen a good leap in production of their defense.

Both McClain and Berry have elite-level upside and fit in our scheme in areas of minor need, so I wouldn't complain if they are our picks, but choosing an OT at 4 (Davis or Campbell) would be great too. I'm not really huge on the qb's in this draft though.

If WE take Eric Berry, some one would be fired, we can not keep drafting Safeties in the top 10 pick over and over, bcos we consistently get burned and it really would not make any sense, now if we do take Eric Berry, I wouldn't be too upset, but I won't be happy at the same time.

We didn't get burned with Sean Taylor. We got burned with Landry only because he's more suited to play SS. I still think Landry is a solid player playing out of position. I'm not advocating taking Berry. I'd listen to offers from the Niners, Broncos and Seahawks who have multiple 1st rd picks. Seahawks may want Clausen who I'm not sure would be a good pick for us at 4.

Archived