Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Worrisome Draft Scenario: Bradford, Okung, Suh are gone, who do we take with 4th overall pick?

killerbee99

I say you go with Bulaga. I actually think he is going to be a better player than Okung. Okung has been the top rated Tackle most of the year but is that due to his hype or his skill? Bulaga is closing in fast the more teams look at him.

Also the Lions need a Lt Guard more than they need a Lt Tackle. They can get their Lt Tackle later and groom him like Jared Veldheer out of Hillsdale. I would love for the skins to get him in the 4th.

I'm not crazy about Clausen at all.

Why is that? I'm curious.

I said I wasn't crazy about him not that I didn't like him. I do think he is the 2nd best QB in this draft but what does that really mean? I like Bradford over Clausen but I would only really take either one of them if I were picking from the 8th spot back. I lean more towards fixing the o-line, taking my chances with Campbell this year maybe more and hoping I can get the offense ready for a rookie QB down the road. Who knows, we might be able to draft one later that we can groom or God forbit be in a simular spot next year. Either way the rookie is going to have to learn and be protected.

I say we pick berry the only reason why we have a need to get a new safety is because ours safety died. Not to mention we would have had the best secondary in football if he was still here. I say we go wit berry move landry back to ss and draft OT in the second. If not trade down wit maybe the niners who want berry too.

I've been thinking about this.. some of you smarter guys can answer me. What if we simply don't make a selection? We let the clock run out, let the next team pick. Do we lose that pick? Can we bring our pick up later? Just curious.

Also - I'd pick McCoy. Even as trade bait a la Rivers/Manning. Some team would want him. I'm pretty sure if that situation came up, we'd have suitors to trade back. But if not, we could certainly draft him then trade his rights at a later point. If we have to keep the player (in this made up scenario by the OP), then I'd go the next best OL. It's not a stretch. Clausen at 4 is. I'd take any of the top 3 or 4 tackles at the 4 spot and be content. QB is a position we can address later in the draft without such an enormous risk on the pick.

Ummmmm ABSOLUTELY NOT! First... He isn't the best QB, he is the best athlete of the QBs, MAYBE. But at 4, that is an absolute joke and a reach. You take the next best tackle. that's the right thing to do, or you hear out trade offers for McCoy.

And what if the next best tackle is a reach? Me personally, if this situation comes to fruition...then I say take Spiller if the rest of the players available at #4 (based on need/BPA) are a reach and nobody will trade into the #4 slot. I'm pretty sure if Gerald McCoy is still on the board then somebody may consider trading...San Fran maybe.

Keep in mind that we have no idea what the Skins draft board is gonna look like, and Shanny may have very well graded the next best OL to Okung (looks like he's the top OLmen after combine workouts) as a late 1st early 2nd round pick. Do you still take that person that early especially at #4? Common sense says no, and I hope Shanny does too. I trust in his ability to find mid round OL that fit into his blocking schemes well like he had done soo many years prior.

I honestly just want every pick that the Skins make this year to contribute to the team in some way or another. The Skins only have 5 picks at this time, so make them count.

I've been thinking about this.. some of you smarter guys can answer me. What if we simply don't make a selection? We let the clock run out, let the next team pick. Do we lose that pick? Can we bring our pick up later? Just curious.

I was gonna type up a synopsis of what happened, but I figured I'd just find you one already done up lol...this happened some years back, '03 draft, with Minnesota failing to get their pick in on time. I remember watching this on tv and Berman and Kiper and the guys were like WTF?! LMAO!

"Minnesota's Draft Debacle

In the 2003 NFL Draft, the Minnesota Vikings held the 7th overall pick. They had spent months of scouting, planning, and evaluating all leading up to the big moment where they would select their first-round pick. But when the clock ran out on Minnesota's allotted 15 minute time limit, the Vikings hadn't sent anyone to the podium. Jacksonville and Carolina quickly jumped at the chance and selected their picks, dropping Minnesota down two spots before the embarrassed Vikings finally got their pick into the commissioner. It was the ultimate humiliation for a franchise that has suffered quite a few such moments in recent years."

http://www.steelertribute.com/countdown18.htm

Jimmy Clausen. Who should be going ahead of Bradford anyway.

You have to be kidding . Because he has shown he is an average QB in a pro offense in collage . You have to take into account the bum toe ... which is just as bad as Bradfords injury because it will prevent him planting and pivoting properly and toe injuries never never heal properly ... Add to that his average arm strength and the fact he got to grow in Weises system for 3 years and then his poor intagiables such as a lack of ability to lead or show any humility at all .

Sure take him at No.4 over all and we can look forward to top ten picks for the next decade .

If we can trade down, we ought to do that. If Shanny goes Clausen in this scenario, I'm ok with it. I'd probably go with Bulaga and look to land C. McCoy in the 2nd or Tebow in the late third, assuming we trade JC for a pick somewhere in that neighborhood.

You have to be kidding . Because he has shown he is an average QB in a pro offense in collage . You have to take into account the bum toe ... which is just as bad as Bradfords injury because it will prevent him planting and pivoting properly and toe injuries never never heal properly.

WTF are u talking about

Statistically Clausen had the best season by a Pro style QB in the last 20 years. I'm not positive on the exactly how they measure that but statically this is a fact. 28 TD, 4 ints and 70% com percentage is extremely good. He did this with that bum toe your talking about. And comparing his toe injury which he played on to Bradford's shoulder is just DUMB. :doh:

Archived