Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rams Interested in Campbell?

Gibbsisgod2006

I don't even now what "QB driven"is.No QB wins without a good OL,Good defense,solid ST.QB is just 1 position on the field.

Did you see Peyton win the SB this year?Wait he didn't because his OL couldn't block the Saints pass rush.QB driven is a media term for "I think I love the QB"

Everyone needs to stop trying to make the game more than it is.The same things that won games 20 years ago will win them today.

Whats so hard to understand that the NFL is a QB driven league. The best teams in the NFL have one thing in common they all have a good QB under center you can't deny that fact. Yeah did you see Drew Brees win the Super Bowl Donk? No everyone needs to stop trying to try to rekindel the hogs yes we need the oline help and we can address oline and draft a top flight QB, but in order to be a force in the NFL you have that elite QB.

bulger is much better than campbell, hes just been badly injured for awhile. bulger was a top QB in the league for a few years.

The problem with Bulger is he is fragile from the beating he has taken on a bad Rams team. If we had a much better O'Line I think he could do a good job for us for a year or two while we find our QB of the future and give him time to get his feet wet.

With our current O'Line though Bulger would be on IR by week 5.

The problem with Bulger is he is fragile from the beating he has taken on a bad Rams team. If we had a much better O'Line I think he could do a good job for us for a year or two while we find our QB of the future and give him time to get his feet wet.

With our current O'Line though Bulger would be on IR by week 5.

So lets say we do revamp the OL, draft a QB, and trade Jason.

Who would be a better fit, Mark Bulger or Rex Grossman, as an interim qb, and in Shanny's system ?

Who would be a better fit, Mark Bulger or Rex Grossman, as an interim qb, and in Shanny's system ?

Why does it have to be Bulger or Grossman?

We still have Collins and Brennan on the roster. We draft a QB and maybe pickup one other guy (undrafted, PS, etc.) that gives you 4 to compete in camp.

Just saying....Collins and Brennan have been learning a WCO now for 2 years.

bulger is much better than campbell, hes just been badly injured for awhile. bulger was a top QB in the league for a few years.

"Was" does not equal "is". Bulger hasn't put up numbers even CLOSE to what Campbell did this year since 2007. Yeah, he's been injured but he's been awful even when healthy.

Bulger was definitely a better QB a few years ago. But right now, Campbell is an upgrade.

For my money Bulger. He was a legit Pro Bowl QB for the Rams and not just a one year flash in the pan either. He has a good arm and has played successfully in a pass first system.

The question is has he got anything left or has it been knocked out of him.

If we had traded Jason and Bulger was a free agent I would bring him in give him a shot to compete against a rookie, Collins and Colt.

With MS making such a high tender for JC I was wondering if with HIS reviewing of all JC's passes he may have seen a potential we haven't? He can see the drops, line mistakes, bad routes, etc. which we mere mortals cannot see on our Vsio's. So...tho I am not 100% on the JC bandwagon, maybe we should be looking at how JC looks to MS compared to his previous QB's and not not what is in the league today.

You make a very good point! I agree! Though I'm a 100% Campbell supporter so that's the only difference.

With MS making such a high tender for JC I was wondering if with HIS reviewing of all JC's passes he may have seen a potential we haven't? He can see the drops, line mistakes, bad routes, etc. which we mere mortals cannot see on our Vsio's. So...tho I am not 100% on the JC bandwagon, maybe we should be looking at how JC looks to MS compared to his previous QB's and not not what is in the league today.

If and when the Redskins tender him, they have to offer him at least 110% of his 2009 salary. The difference between 110% of his 2009 salary and the 1st and 3rd rd tender level is insignificant.

So if the Redskins tender him it will likely be at that level.

Patrick Ramsey is the correct answer.

I don't even now what "QB driven"is.No QB wins without a good OL,Good defense,solid ST.QB is just 1 position on the field.

Did you see Peyton win the SB this year?Wait he didn't because his OL couldn't block the Saints pass rush.QB driven is a media term for "I think I love the QB"

Everyone needs to stop trying to make the game more than it is.The same things that won games 20 years ago will win them today.

Pass Rush, what pass rush? They didn't put much pressure on Peyton. Did they even sack him? They lost that game playing way to conservative. Then Peyton throws a crazy pick.

Patrick Ramsey is the correct answer.

......to the question who was the last 1st round QB the Redskins drafted and then ruined by not giving him even adequate pass blocking ......

Who knows what Pat might have done had Spurrier not thrown him to the Wolves. But face it he could not stay on the roster as the 3rd string QB with the Titans last year so what (apart from he is not Jason Campbell) makes you think he would be any kind of answer here?

In any case he is under contract to the Lions now.

......to the question who was the last 1st round QB the Redskins drafted and then ruined by not giving him even adequate pass blocking ......

Who knows what Pat might have done had Spurrier not thrown him to the Wolves. But face it he could not stay on the roster as the 3rd string QB with the Titans last year so what (apart from he is not Jason Campbell) makes you think he would be any kind of answer here?

He is a free agent and I will be surprised if he is not a Redskin again within a few weeks.

Course, you are assuming that there is no draft compensation system in place, which there has been in the current CBA agreement. To say that we'd get nothing is somewhat ignorant, particularly knowing that if Campbell was a FA, he'd be the top QB in the class.
Quick question. If we kept JC this year and he played well, but he chooses not to sign an extension (or we choose not to give him one) and he hits FA, wouldn't we probaly get like a 3rd rd compensatory pick for him considering he would sign on somewhere as a starter?

I definitely didn't forget the compensation we could get for JC departing as a free agent, but he would hit the market in 2011. That means we would get a pick at the end of the 3rd round in 2012. At best. We only get that compensation if he played well enough to earn a big contract. If he struggles, we get nothing in return. Getting a late 3rd in 2012 is not as good as even getting an early 4th this year would be.

And if this is the case, why the hell would we trade him for anything less then a 3rd rd pick? I see some of you suggesting that we take whatever we can get for him or that we could only get a 3rd for him. I feel some of you really under-value a middle of the pack ranked QB who hasn't hit his ceiling yet. I see us getting atleast what NE got for Matt Cassel.

I think a 3rd is fair value for him. The Eagles are asking for a 4th for Vick. And JC was a starter in the NFC East, not the backup. He also isn't coming off controversy like Vick. But even if we can get a 4th and maybe another future pick based on Campbell's performance, we'd have to take it. I've already shown why that's better than him walking for a 2012 third rounder.

As far as franchising him and trading him for a 2nd in 2011, trading him now for a 4th and performance-based pick next year could possibly net us a 2nd or 3rd in 2011. His value is as high now as it can get.

Bradford is no Ramsey. And Shanahan is definitely no Spurrier.

I think a 3rd is fair value for him. The Eagles are asking for a 4th for Vick. And JC was a starter in the NFC East, not the backup. He also isn't coming off controversy like Vick. But even if we can get a 4th and maybe another future pick based on Campbell's performance, we'd have to take it. I've already shown why that's better than him walking for a 2012 third rounder.

If Vick is worth a 4th then Campbell is definitely worth more then a 3rd.

He is a free agent and I will be surprised if he is not a Redskin again within a few weeks.

Prepare to be surprised. I bet you get surprised everytime you eat Cheeri-O's and there's no marshmallows in the box. You want Lucky Charms, not Cheeri-O's...Lucky Charms.

Or during the fall Boo Berry! They sell it at Target, just a heads up.

Yeah, we need a new cliché!!

(rimshot)

Hahahaha

Prepare to be surprised. I bet you get surprised everytime you eat Cheeri-O's and there's no marshmallows in the box. You want Lucky Charms, not Cheeri-O's...Lucky Charms.

Or during the fall Boo Berry! They sell it at Target, just a heads up.

WIN! :cheers:

I actually brought this up in another thread. I'm IN St. Louis, and they were talking about trading for Campbell as one of the scenarios. They didn't seem like they were willing to talk about giving up this years first, but they didn't seem shy about the 3rd, and that was about a month ago when everyone still thought Vick would be available. Now that Vick's gone, I think they're trying to nail down all their options, because it certainly seems like they don't want to draft a QB with the first.

Last week one of the guys around their FO said that they believe that Clausen is the #1 QB right now, without seeing them both throw and workout. It certainly seemed like they weren't too interested in using the first pick on Clausen though. Suh is the guy that's getting all the love out here. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see them try to make a deal for Campbell. The team is getting a brand new owner in a month or two, and what owner is going to have any patience at all with a coach, whom he didn't hire, who has won ONE game, not too many.

From everything I've heard (on the radio) the front office (GM especially) is starting to panic and wants to win NOW. Campbell would make the coaching staff and GM feel better about their jobs than a rookie pickup (whether that's justified or not, meh, but that's what they sound like out here right now).

Archived