Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If Campbell becomes a Pro Bowler on another team, what would your feelings be?

21MadFan

I'd be happy for him cause he'd be reunited with Colt Brennan at the Pro Bowl. Of course, Colt won't be able to play because he's leading us to our next Super Bowl.

haha- sarcasm. definitely sarcasm.

i'd love it. i'm of the majority who still likes campbell. i think his best football is ahead of him. if it's with another team, so be it. at least they'll appreciate it.

Honestly, I'd be totally nonplused, on either him or our perceived loss.

Once he's no longer here, he's no longer our concern. Life's too short to be looking back at "what if's", and that's something you can't afford to do in pro-sports. And his safety first, bore the living **** out of you play has so beaten me down on a guy I so wanted to succeed for so long, that I honestly wouldn't feel happy for him. In the same way I wouldn't feel bad for him or want him to fail. Just total apathy to the dude, and a feeling of nothing either way, shrugs.

But it's all irrelevant anyway's, as we'll be too in love with our own PB franchise caliber QB out of the Sooner state leading us on to bigger and better things to be concerned with what the "ex" is doing. ;).

Hail.

But it's all irrelevant anyway's, as we'll be too in love with our own PB franchise caliber QB out of the Sooner state leading us on to bigger and better things to be concerned with what the "ex" is doing. ;).

Hail.

I believe the OP added something along the lines of "and our new QB may be struggling". So if we got Bradford and he really struggled while Campbell went somewhere else and ended up being a top tier pro bowl QB you would just shrug and say "well at least he isn't doing it here?" lol

I believe the OP added something along the lines of "and our new QB may be struggling". So if we got Bradford and he really struggled while Campbell went somewhere else and ended up being a top tier pro bowl QB you would just shrug and say "well at least he isn't doing it here?" lol

I'm having a real hard time answering that as a five year, complete fraud of a first round pick miraculously turning into a "top tier" QB is way beyond any fantasy World I can transport myself to, shrugs.

But yeah, in the extreme event of being transported to that parallel Universe, it would be a shrug of the shoulders, with a "**** happens." We'd given this VERY costly experiment five years for little to no return, so I wouldn't blame anyone within this organization for thinking that scenario would never happen.

Hail.

Campbell is essentially a middle tier QB whos been playing with little talent. Add to that, about 60% of 1st rd QBs taken havent even been as good as he is and the two superbowl QBs may not be playing in the probowl like this year then this scenerio isnt as far fetched as some of you want to make it out to be. Give him a better supporting cast and a good defense then who knows?

The thing that that best protects us from this happening though is that I think we have the right people in here making this decision.

For the record, I will support whoever our QB is. If Shanahann sees something in Campbell then great! I actually hope this happens because that first rounder can then be spent elsewhere. If he wants Bradford or Clausen though then Im going to assume he knows exactly what hes doing and Im good with that too.

Wow. "Worthless loser".

First off, I'm not a huge JC fan by any means. I'm somewhere between a JC supporter, and a guy who is ready to move on.

What I don't get is people who over-react (much like a child throwing a temper tantrum because they got their favorite toy taken away) and act like he's the worse QB to ever step foot in the NFL. And they spend so much of their time pouting about JC on a message board.

I'm ready to draft a QB in the 1st or 2nd, and let JC play one more year running a competant man's offensive scheme.

Very well said, some folks on here seem just like children throwing petty ass fits because they dont like JC, it's ridiculous. I want a new QB as well but im not gonna slit my wrists if he is here next year, unlike half the people on this board

I'd be happy for him. I would just accept the fact that he wasn't a good fit for us. My feelings would vary. If our new QB is stinking up the joint and JC is lighting it up somewhere else, I would probably go back bashing the front office or something. If our QB is playing well, I will be like the split between the Skins and JC was best for both parties.

I think it would be a win-win for JC and for the Skins. Skins need a new leader and JC needs a new team to prove he can get the job done. He landed into a dysfunctional organization. I think Gibbs thought he had drafted the next Doug Williams but so far JC is no Doug Williams. I think Shanny knows he has to fix other parts of the team so he will keep JC for this year only. Also if he plans to run the ball 80 per cent of the time thenJC won't be throwing that much each game. Most passing quarterbacks under a run dominated team would not want to come to the new Shanny Redskins so that is another reason to keep JC for now. Also to be fair to JC the Miami Skins have been a huge letdown-Portis and Moss are not worth what we have paid them. They are not leaders on this football team either.

Assuming that happened -- I would feel "neutral" about any such Campbell success. Any good will I might have for someone succeeding in his craft would be offset by the fact Jason was not been able to succeed when it counted -- for my team. I'd be upset that the Skins turned out to be the team that Campbell 'teethed' on -- until his light came on with another team-- but I would understand why the Skins let him go and not second-guess.

First of all, once Campbell left the team, I would lump him into the category of just another non-Redskin. So, I'd feel no differently than with I did with successes of folks like Prioleau, Clark, Bailey etc. And while his behavior was not like Pierce's -- Jason hasn't done much in his stint with the Skins to make me warm up to him, (say in contrast to Brunell -- who impressed me with his maturity, professionalism, and leadership even when he was in decline physically.) You've got to like someone to really care how they do away from the team-- and Campbell didn't inspire me to so.

And I'd not feel badly about the team having let Campbell go -- they invested a lot in Campbell and certainly gave him a lot of time and repeated opportunities to show his stuff. Now I'd feel much worse if someone like Daniel or Brooks (or Brennan, if we let him go) made the Pro Bowl with some other team-- because we never really stuck with them long enough to find out how they'd do. But how long should you wait for Campbell to reveal his talent level? 5 years seems enough. We'd know more after 8 years -- but that's way too long to wait.

On the negative side of the ledger -- I'd be mindful about how Campbell's inability to 'blossom' in DC cost the Skins --in addition to impacting the performances of our WRs and RB, we may have lost some good coaches too. True, it's not all Jason's fault -- but since he's been the starting QB -- there's been a lot of turmoil in our coaching ranks.

So in this vein -- how would you feel if Zorn became a head coach whose team then became playoff caliber and even won the Super Bowl? Zorn certainly had fewer chances to show his stuff than Campbell did.

Same thing as when I see a good play by Clark, Prioleau, Akers, Bailey, Pierce (okay, maybe not so much Pierce).

Just sigh, and say "Hey, remember when he was a Redskin? Wish he would have done that with us."

I miss Viera sooo much :(:(!!!! I moved from there about a year and half ago. Everything I wanted was within a mile from my house!! It was beautiful and clean.

Now I live about 10 miles away from the closest grocery store and everything is dirty.

Archived