Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Seriously, is Sarah Palin a lock for the 2012 republican nomination?

88Comrade2000

I have no doubt the ***** is running. Frankly, she will probably announce her candidacy before Christmas.

There's no substance to her. She thinks she can batt her eyes, speak in her little folksy tone and probably have a couple of simple slogans and she will be the nominee?

Are the republican voters really going to be that stupid. They will make gains in 2010. Depending on the anger on election day, gains that possibly put them back in control. If they make Sarah the nominee; that will undermine any 2010 gains and will either give Obama reelection or pave the way for an independent candidate to win the presidency in 2012.

True, the republicans are full of idiots but they are some good ones in there. Good enough to go on the national stage to challenge for the presidency?

Way too early. No one would have chosen Obama in 2005. Someone will rise. Hopefully, someone worthy. I still like Obama, but I want the Republican counterpart to be someone who could do a good job.

Palin based on what she has told us about herself would be a terrible President.

There's no substance to her. She thinks she can batt her eyes, speak in her little folksy tone and probably have a couple of simple slogans and she will be the nominee?

It seemed to work for Obama.

Just tell the people anything they want to hear, realistic or not.

It works.

Way too early. No one would have chosen Obama in 2005. Someone will rise. Hopefully, someone worthy. I still like Obama, but I want the Republican counterpart to be someone who could do a good job.

Palin based on what she has told us about herself would be a terrible President.

Actually, in the modern political era it isn't too early. Especially early on in a president's term he looks beatable. True, by election day 2012 Obama will be unbeatable but right now if you want his job; you start courting the base.

If the republicans win big in the fall, I expect a slew of announcements between the holidays and Spring 2011.

Also, it wouldn't shock me to see Obama have a primary challenge if the upset happens and dems lose control of congress. I also could see Obama dumping Biden and bringing on a female for veep.

No,not a lock at all...and I was/am a supporter

I would not be surprised if she did not run at all in 12.

We have some interesting times ahead of us that I feel will have quite a impact on who runs and gets the nomination.

ps you sure whine a lot...buyers remorse?;)

Actually, in the modern political era it isn't too early. Especially early on in a president's term he looks beatable. True, by election day 2012 Obama will be unbeatable but right now if you want his job; you start courting the base.

If the republicans win big in the fall, I expect a slew of announcements between the holidays and Spring 2011.

Also, it wouldn't shock me to see Obama have a primary challenge if the upset happens and dems lose control of congress. I also could see Obama dumping Biden and bringing on a female for veep.

I meant it was too easy to guage the front runner. It is true that the Republican Party has historically been a party of succession with candidates not rising from obscurity all that often, but I still think three years out it's a little difficult to pick amongst the crop right now.

Really doesn't matter who runs in 2012. Barring a 2008 like meltdown, Obama will win easy

Going back almost 100 years, the party in power always gets re-elected. The lone exception being Jimmy Carter

Easy? I don't think it would be easy. Alot depends on what happens with this years elections and of course the state of the country in the fall of 2012 but it won't be easy. Obama will probably win but it wouldn't shock me to see 2012 be a 3 way race.

Obama 45 % 280

Independent 35% 170

Palin 20% 88

No,not a lock at all...and I was/am a supporter

I would not be surprised if she did not run at all in 12.

We have some interesting times ahead of us that I feel will have quite a impact on who runs and gets the nomination.

ps you sure whine a lot...buyers remorse?;)

I had no problem with my guy: Bob Barr! Right now, looks like it will be Libertarian for the third time in a row.

Though if a Ross Perot type independent candidate ran, minus the nuttiness; I would give that guy or gal a serious look.

Obama has turned out exactly how I thought he would be; really don't think this nation could survive 8 years of him.

Palin will probably not run in 2012... I think 2016 would be far more likely. Besides, if things are really bad, I have a feeling HRC will win the Democrat nomination. Obama will be lame duck in February of 2012.

If you listen to her she sure sounds like she plans on running. In the FOX Sundays News program where she's in a one on one, she really basically said she was planning to. Even Chris Wallace sounded surprised at how open she was about her plans

George HW Bush lost re-election to Clinton more recently than that.

Ford lost re-election to Carter.

Yes, and in all three cases, "it was the economy, stupid".

Obama's re-election bid n 2012 is going to depend almost solely on that. If we're still hovering around 10% unemployment, he won't win.

Archived