Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Seriously, is Sarah Palin a lock for the 2012 republican nomination?

88Comrade2000

I would. Jeb can't run because of guilt through association. He'll be too old before the US gets over his brother, which is a shame - different politics and has strong conservative and political foundations. These foundations actually give him the tools to develop effective policy while being able to work across the aisle (ala Reagan).

Ya never know,O has managed to rehabilitate W and the Reps in record time.

Pretty sure I saw a poll showing W with higher approval than O:silly:

I doubt it. Too many people on both sides of the aisle see her as an airhead, and she doesn't do much to dissuade. It seems that her appeal is only to the hardcore base, and that just isn't enough.

I think their best bet is to find someone that has not stood up and made a fool of themselves as much as she has.

~Bang

Actually the only people who see her as an airhead are the liberal / progressives in both parties.

The conservatives and independents will be dictating to the GOP that it will not be a big government liberal / moderate that will get them back in power.

Yo, [insult] not only liberals find her stupid. I know you'd support her, because you support big gov't.

Actually the only people who see her as an airhead are the liberal / progressives in both parties.

The conservatives and independents will be dictating to the GOP that it will not be a big government liberal / moderate that will get them back in power.

Hmmm... so, your hoped for candidate is a thin-skinned quitter whose major accomplishment was being mayor of a town with a population smaller than most PTA's and who needed who powers of oversight reduced because of mismanagement and her increasing of town debt, two years of a governorship, and grades that caused her to skip town and barely graduate from a mediocre college, and a person so without scruples that she would used her child as a propaganda tool to push her career and not even her career really, but just a shot at some cheap political points?

Really, the republicans can do better.

Random data point Dave, my political leanings are conservative and consider her an airhead.

If she is the R nominee, bank it that Obama wins re-election by the biggest landslide ever.

I have no doubt the ***** is running. Frankly, she will probably announce her candidacy before Christmas.

There's no substance to her. She thinks she can batt her eyes, speak in her little folksy tone and probably have a couple of simple slogans and she will be the nominee?

Are the republican voters really going to be that stupid. They will make gains in 2010. Depending on the anger on election day, gains that possibly put them back in control. If they make Sarah the nominee; that will undermine any 2010 gains and will either give Obama reelection or pave the way for an independent candidate to win the presidency in 2012.

True, the republicans are full of idiots but they are some good ones in there. Good enough to go on the national stage to challenge for the presidency?

She would be a lot better than Obama

I doubt it. Too many people on both sides of the aisle see her as an airhead, and she doesn't do much to dissuade. It seems that her appeal is only to the hardcore base, and that just isn't enough.

I think their best bet is to find someone that has not stood up and made a fool of themselves as much as she has.

~Bang

Obama is already in office

She would be a lot better than Obama

My nine year old son would be better than Obama. :silly:

Seriously . . . I'm not a big fan of hers and if she is the nominee, you might as well hand Obama 4 more years. There is NO WAY he loses to her.

The Repubs can do better and will.

If the republicans are foolish enough to get palin against obama its an easy win for the dems. All obama has to do is continually ask palin what dinosaurs are and she say something like. "God put bones in the ground to test our faith"

Republicans have a lot of great leaders that are qualified to run the country, but I have a feeling palin may actually get the vote

Obama will get the black vote and a large portion of the white guilt vote but if there is still 9% unemployment and several terrorists attacks as well as leaks about liberal scams equating to lining the pockets of Obama sympathizers, he is done.

It depends on who the R's put up. A significant portion of the voters were ready to oust Bush during his re-election. The Dems put up Kerry, and Bush wins re-election. If the R's put up Palin - Obama wins re-election easily.

If John Kerry,Walter Mondale and Mike Dukakis can be nominated, anybody can.

All of those people were far more capable and qualified than Palin. The idiot couldn't even answer cupcake follow up questions like "what news paper do you read" and "what supreme court ruling are you referring to". She's as real as a cardboard cut out of a car salesmen.

All of those people were far more capable and qualified than Palin. The idiot couldn't even answer cupcake follow up questions like "what news paper do you read" and "what supreme court ruling are you referring to". She's as real as a cardboard cut out of a car salesmen.

Yeah Dems are so smart that they didn't have the common sense to adopt conservative principles which is the case with left wing know it alls who lack the leadership but try to get by on marketing and packaging as well as pretending to be conservative to get elected.

Should I list the duh moments of biden and obama which are just overlooked because the left gets a tingle down their leg when they talk?

This is certainly possible on some other planet, but on Earth only 21% of Americans polled want her to run for president:

Poll: Most Don't Want Sarah Palin to Run for President

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2010/01/18/politics/politicalhotsheet/entry6113291.shtml

A new CBS News poll finds that a large majority of Americans say they do not want former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin to run for president.

Specifically, 71 percent say they do not want the former Republican vice presidential nominee to run for president, while 21 percent say they do want her to run.

When the results are split out by party, 56 percent of Republicans say they do not want her to seek the office and 30 percent do. Meanwhile, 88 percent of Democrats do not want her to run. Among independents, 65 percent do not want her to run and 25 percent do.

She missed her calling when she didn't take a job as an Alaskan tour guide - she'd be perfect, as long as you were going someplace safe.

Yeah Dems are so smart that they didn't have the common sense to adopt conservative principles which is the case with left wing know it alls who lack the leadership but try to get by on marketing and packaging as well as pretending to be conservative to get elected.

Should I list the duh moments of biden and obama which are just overlooked because the left gets a tingle down their leg when they talk?

Conservative principles? You mean like pretending you are conservative then spending like a mad man and allowing the energy markets to spiral out of control? Damn I wish Obama would do that America would be so much better off.

You know the beauty of this is that the massive hole we are in obviously started under Bush and it will be turning around before Obama's reelection. The GOP doesn't have a chance in hell and I hope it's Sarah Palin that he dismantles. Last time he was "just a community activist" this time she's a quitter that couldn't handle the only real political experience she ever had.

The worst part about all this is she's obviously fake and stupid... and just like out of work Beck and Hannity you guys flock to her because she is charismatic and says crap you agree with. And you want to talk about dems falling for packaging? The GOP would turn a hobo into a millionaire if he grabbed a radio microphone and said liberals hate America.

I don't think there is any chance Palin will get the nomination. I think that someone like Michelle Bachmann is far more qualified and she will make a major run for the nomination in 2012. I see Bachmann, Romney, and Guliani as the front runners right now.

I'm sorry, but Michelle Bachman is certifiably insane. No two ways about it.

I also think Guiliani is done.

My money is on Romney.

Conservative principles? You mean like pretending you are conservative then spending like a mad man and allowing the energy markets to spiral out of control? Damn I wish Obama would do that America would be so much better off.

You know the beauty of this is that the massive hole we are in obviously started under Bush and it will be turning around before Obama's reelection. The GOP doesn't have a chance in hell and I hope it's Sarah Palin that he dismantles. Last time he was "just a community activist" this time she's a quitter that couldn't handle the only real political experience she ever had.

The worst part about all this is she's obviously fake and stupid... and just like out of work Beck and Hannity you guys flock to her because she is charismatic and says crap you agree with. And you want to talk about dems falling for packaging? The GOP would turn a hobo into a millionaire if he grabbed a radio microphone and said liberals hate America.

Bush was moderate not conservative the GOP members who didnt listened to conservatives were voted out and most liberals weren't ****ing when Bush allowed Ted Kennedy to write that huge Education spending bill with the no child left behind.

Democrats took over in 2006 with 5.2% unemployment and basically blocked anything that would help especially drilling for more oil. In Maryland and DC energy companies were deregulated by Dems and prices skyrocketed didn't they? http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/03/11/AR2006031101603.html

Archived