Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Seriously, is Sarah Palin a lock for the 2012 republican nomination?

88Comrade2000

I don't think there is any chance Palin will get the nomination. I think that someone like Michelle Bachmann is far more qualified and she will make a major run for the nomination in 2012. I see Bachmann, Romney, and Guliani as the front runners right now.

Guliani crashed and burned last time; he will not get it. Also, he's pro-choice.

Romney is a Mormon and he will fly with the Christian Right, just like he didn't fly with them in 2008.

Obama will get the black vote and a large portion of the white guilt vote but if there is still 9% unemployment and several terrorists attacks as well as leaks about liberal scams equating to lining the pockets of Obama sympathizers, he is done.

You can almost hear the hope for a terrorist attack there.

Because you know who would be great in a crisis?

Palin!

You know, the woman who doesn't understand there is a north korea and a south korea. It's cool. We'll just bomb 'em both!

Seriously, the GOP can do so much better than Palin.

I think Sarah Palin wins the nomination purely because myself and millions of other Democrats will vote for her in the primary and Obama in the general. Quite frankly, she is an idiot.

I would, if the dems all went out in massive numbers and voted for her, Obama is guaranteed 4 more years. She will get the right wing vote, and she will get some women who want to see a women pres., but she still has no shot.

Someone start a website!

I think Sarah Palin wins the nomination purely because myself and millions of other Democrats will vote for her in the primary and Obama in the general. Quite frankly, she is an idiot.

Only if it's open primary.

Frankly, the dems and republicans should get rid of those. Just have close primaries.

Only if it's open primary.

Frankly, the dems and republicans should get rid of those. Just have close primaries.

One stop at the county clerk's office and I can change my affiliation from Independent to GOP so I can vote in the GOP primaries for her, then I can switch back, take a shower and scrub the filth off of me.

*edit for the humor and satire impaired.*

BTW, for those of you who are just waiting to hit the panic button on this post, keep one thing in mind...IT IS A JOKE.

One stop at the county clerk's office and I can change my affiliation from Independent to GOP so I can vote in the GOP primaries for her, then I can switch back, take a shower and scrub the filth off of me.

Lying about your party affiliation so that you can sabotage the Republican party to ensure that a Democrat wins doesn't strike me as terribly "independent".

Why exactly would you and "millions" of democrats be voting in a republican primary? I didnt know this was a possiblity. Maybe those of us that arent dems should stuff their ballot boxes, or maybe MJ is just blowing smoke. I pretend to be worried to make you happy though.

Why exactly would you and "millions" of democrats be voting in a republican primary? I didnt know this was a possiblity. Maybe those of us that arent dems should stuff their ballot boxes, or maybe MJ is just blowing smoke. I pretend to be worried to make you happy though.

Isn't that exactly what Rush Limbaugh actually had his followers do in "Operation Chaos?"

Oh wait, it's only bad if a liberal suggests it on a message board, not if a conservative leader actually does it in real life. :)

Isn't that exactly what Rush Limbaugh actually had his followers do in "Operation Chaos?"

Oh wait, it's only bad if a liberal suggests it on a message board, not if a conservative leader actually does it in real life. :)

Yup. Exactly what he was urging his Rushbots to do. There were a couple on here, on ES, who said they did it too if I remember correctly.

You remember who he was asking them to vote for? I know the whole point was to derail Hillary but I don't remember which candidate he had them voting for to do it. Would be pretty funny if it was Obama.

Way too early. No one would have chosen Obama in 2005. Someone will rise. Hopefully, someone worthy. I still like Obama, but I want the Republican counterpart to be someone who could do a good job.

Hell I knew Obama would be Pres one day after his DNC Convention speech in 04. I was rocking a simple Obama bumper sticker (just said "OBAMA") from the end of 05 on. Sometimes you can just tell. I definitely didn't think it would be so soon though.

As far as the RNC nomination goes, I think Palin, sadly, has a chance. It's a mixed bag for me. I think Obama crushes her. Easily. Probably be one of, if not the most lopsided presidential election ever. But at the same time, there's always that chance that she wins. And that's scary as all hell.

Lying about your party affiliation so that you can sabotage the Republican party to ensure that a Democrat wins doesn't strike me as terribly "independent".

BTW, Independent doesn't mean not interested. For the record, it was a joke. BTW, remember I live in Kentucky, its not like one drop in the ocean will raise the tide.

Arent you the ethical one? What an arse.

LOL, it was a joke. I would go back and register as a Republican if a gun was held to my head. How's that for ethics?

BTW, how typical to take a joke and run with outrage response.

Well, they could say you can only change party affiliation once per election cycle. So if you change for the primary, you will be a republican in the fall.

Hmmm... so, your hoped for candidate is a thin-skinned quitter whose major accomplishment was being mayor of a town with a population smaller than most PTA's and who needed who powers of oversight reduced because of mismanagement and her increasing of town debt, two years of a governorship, and grades that caused her to skip town and barely graduate from a mediocre college, and a person so without scruples that she would used her child as a propaganda tool to push her career and not even her career really, but just a shot at some cheap political points?

Really, the republicans can do better.

You normally get the facts right even if you disagree.. the above is just KOS website wrong

(I was a supporter, till she sold out to Fox News)...

I don't listen to Limbaugh anymore than you... I remember Limbaugh telling people in primaries where the decision was not in doubt on the GOP side to vote as a Democrat in States that allowed it. I don't remember him telling people to switch parties. I have no problem with this.

Yup. Exactly what he was urging his Rushbots to do. There were a couple on here, on ES, who said they did it too if I remember correctly.

You remember who he was asking them to vote for? I know the whole point was to derail Hillary but I don't remember which candidate he had them voting for to do it. Would be pretty funny if it was Obama.

I know here in Richmond they were voting for Hilary.

And I don't believe you had to be registered as a Democrat to vote. I'll need to do some research to verify this.

Edit: Okay, I found it and I was correct in my assumption. From the Virginia State Board of Elections:

"Virginia is an open primary state which means that any qualified voter can vote in either party's primary election. Virginia does not have party registration in its voter registration process. In other words, citizens do not designate a political party affiliation when registering to vote in Virginia. Virginia election law stipulates that while any qualified voter may voter in either political party's primary election, no voter may vote in more than one political party's primary on the same election day."

Archived