Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Are we getting new jerseys? (see post 277) (MET)

TheMarionBarberHitman

It's out of our hands, but here are some limitations I'd like to see observed:

• No swooshes
  • No slanted or curved numerals - traditional block numbers are good
  • No fancy helmet stripes that are meant to look like antennae, whiskers or other head appendices
  • No black as a solid color field
  • No "side stripes" that go from under the armpits down to the knees
  • No big logo change - current or spear please
  • Nothing remotely artsy - this is a football team not a ballet troupe or interpretive dance group

I don't have a problem with any of the unis we've had to date. However I don't like the white/white and burgundy/burgundy combos. I agree with many others here that the classic 70s look with the gold pants is great, either with the current logo or the spear on the helmet.

Back on topic - has anyone heard anything more about the possibility of new jerseys/unis?

these are all rumors but i found this guys blog and i thought i'd share his uniform ideas. they're pretty cool. http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?showtopic=71307

That looks a lot like the throwbacks (I think from the 60s). Not that I'm complaining, I like the helmet design. The numbers could go for an overhaul, maybe going to the curved design (like the Broncos or Steelers). I do like the gold pants and burgundy tops.

I'd be down with those!

I like them too...very sharp. I would prefer to do something with the current helmet (and just incorporate gold pants and slightly tweaked jerseys), but I don't mind the spear helmet at all.

Edit: Everyone (including me) is giving their opinion, but does anyone actually know if we can expect a new look in 2010?

Personally, I loved the 1994 throwbacks uniforms. Change the color of the helmet and facemask to match the burgundy and gold and add the current logo to the sleeves and helmet and they would be awesome.

1994-SP-2-Shuler-F.jpg

05_nfl_redskins_tbc_front.jpg

I know this is off topic, but did you really send a Shuler RC to get graded??!! I'm hoping you just pulled this pic off the web and posted it here. If that's the case, I have no further questions for the witness.

I would like to know if i can watch REDSKINS NATION online,

i have dtv and the fox sports pack and watch washington post

live but they blackout REDSKINS NATION,no contract i guess,

any info is appreciated...........

REDSKINS RULE BABY !!!!!!!!!!!! :logo:

Snyder seems to be very traditional when it comes to the Redskins name/logo. I think that if you see any change they are going to pay homage in some way to an older uniform with an updated look.

I'm all for it. It's funny how people are so scared of small changes like uniforms. If it was changing the name or the city I get it, but uniforms?

It's out of our hands, but here are some limitations I'd like to see observed:

• No swooshes
  • No slanted or curved numerals - traditional block numbers are good
  • No fancy helmet stripes that are meant to look like antennae, whiskers or other head appendices
  • No black as a solid color field
  • No "side stripes" that go from under the armpits down to the knees
  • No big logo change - current or spear please
  • Nothing remotely artsy - this is a football team not a ballet troupe or interpretive dance group

I don't have a problem with any of the unis we've had to date. However I don't like the white/white and burgundy/burgundy combos. I agree with many others here that the classic 70s look with the gold pants is great, either with the current logo or the spear on the helmet.

Back on topic - has anyone heard anything more about the possibility of new jerseys/unis?

^^^

THIS.

If we had dopey swirly stripes like the Broncos, I'd be pretty disappointed.

I don't know about the colors, but I think they should be made of cotton, at least early in the season. Cotton breathes, you see, it's much softer. Imagine playing games and your team is five degrees cooler than the other team. Don't you think that would be an advantage? They're cooler, they're more comfortable...they're happier - they're gonna play better.

I don't know about the colors, but I think they should be made of cotton, at least early in the season. Cotton breathes, you see, it's much softer. Imagine playing games and your team is five degrees cooler than the other team. Don't you think that would be an advantage? They're cooler, they're more comfortable...they're happier - they're gonna play better.

Yeah, but what happens when they go through the wash, George? :)

LMAO! Well played!

I'm probably alone on this.....I like the Skins uni's just the way they are. All ive known is what we have...we won our 3 SB's wearing what we have now. Why change?

In 3 years everyone will be begging for a change back and want "Throwback" games.

Keep it the same. Change the players...get us some W's so we have something better to talk about than changing the uni's.

The Spear is a cool look as a throwback but i hate FSU and its the same logo as them.

Archived