Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Are we getting new jerseys? (see post 277) (MET)

TheMarionBarberHitman

these are all rumors but i found this guys blog and i thought i'd share his uniform ideas. they're pretty cool. http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?showtopic=71307

Its pretty weird. I was thinking of making up a new set of skins uniforms the other day but I was tinking of using something very similar to the stripes he has on the sleeves and pants of the Eagles uniforms he made.

I don't know about the colors, but I think they should be made of cotton, at least early in the season. Cotton breathes, you see, it's much softer. Imagine playing games and your team is five degrees cooler than the other team. Don't you think that would be an advantage? They're cooler, they're more comfortable...they're happier - they're gonna play better.

Well played Costanza. Can I get a fitted hat while youre at it?

Last two were throwbacks. The Seahawks, definitely. But you can't fault a team for having bad throwback uniforms.

Those are *NOT* throwback Seahawk uniforms. Their standard uniforms were either blue or white jerseys on gray/silver pants with silver helmet. In recent years, they've evolved more to a green theme.

http://www.profootballhof.com/assets/photo_galleries/630x536/Zorn_Jim_2.jpg

Those abominations are just some sort of alternate jersey.

Those are *NOT* throwback Seahawk uniforms. Their standard uniforms were either blue or white jerseys on gray/silver pants with silver helmet. In recent years, they've evolved more to a green theme.

http://www.profootballhof.com/assets/photo_galleries/630x536/Zorn_Jim_2.jpg

Those abominations are just some sort of alternate jersey.

Hitman knows that. He was saying you can't blame the Eagles and Broncos for having bad uniforms back in the day.

I kinda hope we do. It's not that I don't like the current look. I love it, it's classic. But this team needs to build a new identity and anything that we can change to help facilitate that, I'm all for. I know it's cosmetic and silly, but if it helps...

Look at what it did for the Cardinals once they did it. IMO, its symbolic of a beginning of a new era. I'm all for it!!!! :D

I know this is off topic, but did you really send a Shuler RC to get graded??!! I'm hoping you just pulled this pic off the web and posted it here. If that's the case, I have no further questions for the witness.

Yes, unfortunately that was the only pic I could find online of a player wearing the uniform.

Tag seems a bit inappropriate.
I agree.

Rule Clarifications? This new version of vBulletin has necessitated the addition of the following rule extensions/clarifications which are not specifically found in the Forum Rules link:

[*]Please do not abuse the tag line. This new version of vBulletin includes tags. Tags may seem anonymous to members, but the mods can see their author. Do not belittle or insult fellow members or otherwise break any rules within the tag line.

I like some of those redesigns, especially the Buffalo Bills. The Skins one is pretty cool too. I like that it incorporates the two stripe pants that we currently use, but has the 1960's throwback feel to it at the same time.

I'm not 100% sold on the "Spear" helmet...my preference would be a Burgundy "R" helmet, with a single Gold stripe down the middle, and a Grey Facemask (Basically same as the Gold Lombardi helmet but burgundy).

I also like the idea of Burgundy Pants / Gold Jersey as an alternate home. Something like this:

c+redskins_camp.jpg

Just leave the uniforms alone. And wear white jerseys at home. The Redskins should be a franchise like the Packers, Bears, etc., sticking with the traditional look. Nothing we can do about them wearing alternate jerseys, etc., for some reason the NFL has decided they are good money makers & maybe they are, but I hate most of the alternative uniforms. The identity of the team is lost.

Not a fan of the spear. It's too much like FSU. Hate the R. Those uniforms remind me too much of Green Bay. The Indian Head to me is smash mouth and old school. I love it. The Redskins are a very traditional team. They should be extremely cautious if they attempt to modify our uniforms. I am open to modernizing the uniforms if they don't stray too far away from the traditional Indian head. I just don't want them to go over the top and make it look like an arena football league uniform.

Not a fan of the spear. It's too much like FSU. Hate the R. Those uniforms remind me too much of Green Bay. The Indian Head to me is smash mouth and old school. I love it. The Redskins are a very traditional team. They should be extremely cautious if they attempt to modify our uniforms. I am open to modernizing the uniforms if they don't stray too far away from the traditional Indian head. I just don't want them to go over the top and make it look like an arena football league uniform.

I agree.

I'm for keeping the look we have now just slightly modified. The BIGGEST thing is to Bring Back The Gold Pants. To me, that is a no brainer, and Fits with the history of the team.

If we keep the "Indian Head / Chief" logo, I'd only change 2 things:

1. Single Gold stripe. To me it looks more classic and neat.

2. Grey Facemask. Again, looks more old school / classic.

What do you all think of an alternate "Gold" jersey, similar to the one I posted earlier?

Ultimately, I'd like to see an update to the unis but in an "old school" way.

Home: Gold Pants / Burgundy Jersey (This is our History and original look)

Alt Home: 70th Anniversary Uni

Away: Burgundy Pants / White Jerseys (to keep the majority happy)

Alt Away: Gold Pants / White Jerseys (or 75th Anniversary unis).

To me this is the simplest and best change we could make. Plus I think most would be happy with this minor change. It would be new, but kinda throwback in a way.

Whoa... Probably stepping on some toes there...

Regret you disagree ... you have that right ... but:

1. Current Helmet Logo is associated with losing and "laughing stock" status.

2. Current Helmet Logo when used with "Redskins" designation is arguably racist.

3. Current Helmet Logo is poor from graphic design standpoint because it has a double feather motiff confusing to the eye and brain if you think about it.

Just leave the uniforms alone. And wear white jerseys at home. The Redskins should be a franchise like the Packers, Bears, etc., sticking with the traditional look. Nothing we can do about them wearing alternate jerseys, etc., for some reason the NFL has decided they are good money makers & maybe they are, but I hate most of the alternative uniforms. The identity of the team is lost.

White at home is not traditional in my opinion. Also we are the burgundy and gold not white and yellow.

White at home is not traditional in my opinion. Also we are the burgundy and gold not white and yellow.

White at home is a JG I thing. During the Allen era we had burgundy jerseys and gold pants at home. If I recall correctly the introduction of the burgundy pants was a big design change.

I actually like both - the B/G combo evokes tradition while the W/B combo recalls our SB days.

Archived