Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Are we getting new jerseys? (see post 277) (MET)

TheMarionBarberHitman

The thing is, our current unis are not terrible like the Broncos or the Buccaneers old unis. So we don't have to completely erase what we have, but I agree those gold pants are pretty cool. I don't mind the arrow, maybe just for away helmets?

Seems as though most agree: gold pants are cool. I'd be okay with a slight tweak to the uni's along those lines. Vehemently opposed to any armpit stripes, swooshes, or cartoon-ish looking mascots re-designed to look "fierce" (such as the recent Seahawks and Cardinals helmet updates).

Wellcome to the XX1 century!

skinsnewuni.png

They are cool :point2sky

Um, NOPE!

I say bring back the mustard pants, go with the "real" burgundy jersey, like the one used for the 75th anniversary uniform and I'd be open to bringing back the gold helmets with the "R" or the burgundy ones with the spear. I wouldn't even mind what the other poster suggested:

Uni-Home.png

Wellcome to the XX1 century!

skinsnewuni.png

They are cool :point2sky

:shutup::security:No way man!

ES staff edit:

11. Please do not use the “Quote” feature to quote pictures or huge blocks of text.

If you would like to respond to the contents of a particular post, simply quote the sentence or idea that you're commenting upon, not necessarily the entire post. It wastes space on the database and unnecessarily extends and clutters threads.

on second thought maybe just chaging the pants back to gold will do it.

Bingo. Gold pants = cool. Either way, I'd like to see a new uniform. I think it's time to move on to a new era with a new look. It doesn't have to be drastic. Just enough to shake off the stink.

White jerseys on the road are ok but you should be proud of your colors and not be like the cowgirls. White at home has always reminded me of the cowgirls and the only time I am ok with it at home is against them so they have to wear blue.

Our starting to wear white at home coincided with the beginning of our run of four Super Bowl appearances in eleven years. Don't knock it.

:shutup::security:No way man!

for real, I hate that swoosh stripe thingy ... looks like something from "Any Given Sunday." I don't want anything "enhanced."

Keep the uni's the way they are, go to the 70th anniversary uni's occasionally ... or use the throwbacks we wore against the Giants a couple years ago.

Either go old school, or keep as is.

Did the Pukes start this? I'm just not sure about it...

Me too on both counts.

yeah the pukes did start this paul lucas just wrote a blog about the cowboys uni history on the uni watch blog. He stated that the owner wanted the fans to get to see all the other teams colors and not just see the blue cowboys uni vs white every week...

I'm all for going to the Spear Helmet...or even a modernized Feather Down the Middle Helmet.

Also in favor of making the burgundy more burgundy....not the redish burgundy it has become...and the gold more gold.

I would like black to be more incorporated, wouldn't mind getting rid of the gold at all.

In short, maroon and black would look good.

He stated that the owner wanted the fans to get to see all the other teams colors and not just see the blue cowboys uni vs white every week...

Yeah - it used to be that way in the NHL when I grew up. It was more exciting for home fans because there was more variety in uniforms. You see it to some extent still in baseball too.

I'm all for going to the Spear Helmet...or even a modernized Feather Down the Middle Helmet.

Also in favor of making the burgundy more burgundy....not the redish burgundy it has become...and the gold more gold.

I would like black to be more incorporated, wouldn't mind getting rid of the gold at all.

In short, maroon and black would look good.

Zorn is that you? Maroon and Black?

Regret you disagree ... you have that right ... but:

1. Current Helmet Logo is associated with losing and "laughing stock" status.

2. Current Helmet Logo when used with "Redskins" designation is arguably racist.

3. Current Helmet Logo is poor from graphic design standpoint because it has a double feather motiff confusing to the eye and brain if you think about it.

Huh? I'm very open minded about changing up our uniforms and even the logo. But, the current helmet logo is also associated with our success of the 1980's. In addition, "Redskins" is going to be viewed as being racists by some regardless of ANY logo we have.

Archived