Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Are we getting new jerseys? (see post 277) (MET)

TheMarionBarberHitman

Love his Redskins unis. Remind me of our 70th anniversary edition jerseys -- which I also loved. Seriously, for me it doesn't get much better than the attached photo (here's the link if I messed up the attachment: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/features/2002/preview/redskins/redskins_lg.jpg ). Anyway, I hope the rumors are true. New jerseys would be a fun, welcome addition.

Ugh, Wuerfuel in any Redskins jersey makes me cover my eyes.

White at home is a JG I thing. During the Allen era we had burgundy jerseys and gold pants at home. If I recall correctly the introduction of the burgundy pants was a big design change.

I actually like both - the B/G combo evokes tradition while the W/B combo recalls our SB days.

White jerseys on the road are ok but you should be proud of your colors and not be like the cowgirls. White at home has always reminded me of the cowgirls and the only time I am ok with it at home is against them so they have to wear blue.

BTW LOVE the old dark burgundy and almost gold pants. The arrow/spear logo is ok too.

The team has worn the current uniform for 31 seasons(1979-2009) and it's the jersey they've had for more time than the previous jerseys before that. I'm all for a new look. But the current jersey is a classic.

It's tough for me to consider something that began in the late-1970s to be a classic. If they went to their 60s-era uniforms, that would be more classic to me.

I think they should retire these for a while. Let the fans associate them mainly with the Joe Gibbs dynasty and turn the page.

White jerseys on the road are ok but you should be proud of your colors and not be like the cowgirls. White at home has always reminded me of the cowgirls and the only time I am ok with it at home is against them so they have to wear blue.

Did the Pukes start this? I'm just not sure about it...

BTW LOVE the old dark burgundy and almost gold pants. The arrow/spear logo is ok too.

Me too on both counts.

Pukes did it first in the '60s - we didn't start until 1981.

So, I'm with you here.

I like those road uniforms, they are pretty cool. I think we should keep the home uniforms and change the road ones, or vice versa. I don't think a total overhaul is in order. It's just hard to come up with a better combination for those colors ya know?

I like those road uniforms, they are pretty cool. I think we should keep the home uniforms and change the road ones, or vice versa. I don't think a total overhaul is in order. It's just hard to come up with a better combination for those colors ya know?

I like the variations that the guy did. I love having the gold pants as an option. I'm over the white pants...

I would like these updates to take place with our without the spear-logo helmet. I like either that one or the current helmet.

Archived