Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Are we getting new jerseys? (see post 277) (MET)

TheMarionBarberHitman

I say change it all! Not the colors of course, but a new logo and uniform design would be awesome.

As much as we have won in our history in our unis, we've lost a lot as well so it would be cool with me to go with the times.

And if they keep the Indian head design, at least make him meaner looking. Our logo sometimes reminds me of those old pollution commercials:

CryingIndian.jpg

The color that we call gold in "The Burgundy and Gold " is actually Maize. Not a yellow or old gold or metallic gold. See attachment.

I vote for the Feather helmet uni from the early sixties. Just update the colors and make sure they all match. The 60s and 70s were great uniforms, IMO.

These are definitely my favorite ones so far. I could totally get behind these

What are we? The Vikings? The Bills?

Please, we dont need to ruin our unis like did Minnesota, Arizona, Atlanta, etc.

And yes, those teams have HORRIBLE unis. The love that the Vikings uni has had in this thread disgusts me.

We're long overdue for a uniform change.. Hell the only teams I can think of that didn tweak their unis,

KC, Pitt, Chicago ( but they bust out the orange once in a while)

I like the designs this guy from the website projected.. We are long overdue for an overhaul on the uni's

Really it's only the Chiefs that haven't tweaked theirs in some way over the last 20 years. The Steelers used to have that block numbering and changed to a different shape for their uni numbers.

I'd like to see some old-school elements incorporated into any uniform change we make, and a uni that when every player puts it on, they feel tremendous Redskin pride to wear that uniform. I feel like the pride has been missing for quite a while.

Really it's only the Chiefs that haven't tweaked theirs in some way over the last 20 years.

Don't forget the Raiders. They may be a completely dysfunctional franchise, but they have some of the coolest unis in all of sports. A classic, bad-ass look that should never be changed.

Green Bay, Cleveland, Indy and Chicago have stayed the same, too, no?

From what I saw, I noticed he didn't do any like combinations such as team color on team color, or white on white...that's become more prevalent these days even recently with the Skins using white jerseys and pants at home. Not a big fan of them doing the burgundy on burgundy...but maybe, dare I say it...a gold/maize/yellow/corn or whatever your calling it now jersey on top of white or burgundy pants. Would definately be different.

While I can see changing the Uniforms as a good thing, a new step forward, I really like the old uniforms. I would just say gold pants since that would be unique.

Just changing the pants doesn't sell new jerseys, which would be management's only reason to change anything.

To the poster who asked why this wasn't being addressed by the team, and why they are keeping quiet:

They have to sell all of the old ones first.

Just changing the pants doesn't sell new jerseys, which would be management's only reason to change anything.

To the poster who asked why this wasn't being addressed by the team, and why they are keeping quiet:

They have to sell all of the old ones first.

I would think announcing new jerseys would help sell the old ones. It would make them throwback, retro, limited edition jerseys that are available for a limited time...Heck, they'd probably raise prices on them. :doh:

I would think announcing new jerseys would help sell the old ones. It would make them throwback, retro, limited edition jerseys that are available for a limited time...Heck, they'd probably raise prices on them. :doh:

Nah it makes sense to get rid of the stock first. Sony did the samething before they rolled at the PS3 Slim. If the Skins were to come out right now and say that there will new uniforms, people would just wait and buy the newer ones.

Isn't there a deadline for announcing uniform changes? I know you can't just surprise everyone with new threads on the first day of the season. Maybe you have to have them in time for the draft?

I know in the NHL, they use the draft as the time to show off new jerseys. Drafted players hold up the 'sweater' of their new team, and teams use the occasion to show off their new jerseys.

Isn't there a deadline for announcing uniform changes? I know you can't just surprise everyone with new threads on the first day of the season. Maybe you have to have them in time for the draft?

I know in the NHL, they use the draft as the time to show off new jerseys. Drafted players hold up the 'sweater' of their new team, and teams use the occasion to show off their new jerseys.

I think I remember the Lions coming out with their new unis sometime before the draft last year.

Don't forget the Raiders. They may be a completely dysfunctional franchise, but they have some of the coolest unis in all of sports. A classic, bad-ass look that should never be changed.

Green Bay, Cleveland, Indy and Chicago have stayed the same, too, no?

Pretty much...Cleveland added the very ugly Brown pants recently, but other than that, pretty much the same.

The Redskins IMO, should do what both NY teams have done, and go "back to the future"....The 80's / 90's Jets & Giants uniforms were terrible. They both recently went to a permanent throwback look, and it's much better.

I don't see what the dag um big deal would be for the redskins to simply just do this:

6995039.jpg

Archived