Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Would the Earth be better off without humans?

Koolblue13

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

So, in your opinion, we can't do better? If we were to live in a more environmentally friendly way, didn't pollute and didn't have war, the Earth and the things on it, would thrive, just as well as they do now, but in a different fashion?

I think he means that stryofoam is still made from nature.

The question is will our changes mutate the climate in a way that life as we know it can no longer survive?

At the end of the day, we are all still the same thing at the core. A bunch of atoms stuck together. That won't change even with multiple nuclear wars. We just might not be conscious to remember it.

:silly:

I think he means that stryofoam is still made from nature.

The question is will our changes mutate the climate in a way that life as we know it can no longer survive?

Technically, every single thing on the planet is made from nature. I don't think we are farming the moon yet, so the people who make posts like that are pretty easy to just dismiss as unthoughtful or ignorant. IMO of course.

Oversimplification of this is as silly as saying we can't be at fault for GW, because of volcanoes.

At the end of the day, we are all still the same thing at the core. A bunch of atoms stuck together. That won't change even with multiple nuclear wars. We just might not be conscious to remember it.

:silly:

True really. But, does the way we act and the way we live, have any bearing on the energy we all turn into?

This is what happens when the offspring of Deadheads (grateful dead fans if you don't get it generation Ipod) watched too much Captain Planet.

I've seen White guilt and forms of blame America because we are so successful while other places suck, but this is going beyond that.

Worshiping Gaea in an extreme way and having viewpoints like the radical group E.L.F should put those people on a watch list.

This is what happens when the offspring of Deadheads (grateful dead fans if you don't get it generation Ipod) watched too much Captain Planet.

I just spit all over my screen you SOB!

Thanks a lot.:hysterical:

I've seen White guilt and forms of blame America because we are so successful while other places suck, but this is going beyond that.

Worshiping Gaea in an extreme way and having viewpoints like the radical group E.L.F should put those people on a watch list.

I'm pretty far from a hippy, I just have common sense and a conscience, that reaches beyond the people next to me.

But thanks for the amusing post. It was certainly well thought out.

LMAO - always hilarious and moronic at the same time. This post made my day.

As to the thread - I can't believe people are getting on KB about it. I find the question interesting and I'm certainly concerned about the damage humans have shown they can do.

As to the thread - I can't believe people are getting on KB about it. I find the question interesting and I'm certainly concerned about the damage humans have shown they can do.

I can understand why people wouldn't agree, but I'm catching a ton of hate for the question and I don't really understand why.

I bet if I asked "if we invested x amount of money to become totally independent of chemicals and non green energy and it paid off in x amount of years, would you support it?", it would be a much different response, as long as it benefited each person individually. Although, that is not the exact question I am asking.

The Earth isn't living. It doesn't have feelings. It doesn't get sick or get better. It just is.

Wow! Right out of the bible right? This is typical western philosophy, separating the plants, fish, animals, and us from the rock itself. As if, when we're born, we parachute onto this planet as astronauts, to concur this hostile planet. I much prefer the eastern philosophy (or native American) that we are born of this planet. Like an apple tree apples, the earth peoples. We are only alive because of what this wonderfully perfect planet gives us and we have no other place to go.

Wow! Right out of the bible right? This is typical western philosophy, separating the plants, fish, animals, and us from the rock itself. As if, when we're born, we parachute onto this planet as astronauts, to concur this hostile planet. I much prefer the eastern philosophy (or native American) that we are born of this planet. Like an apple tree apples, the earth peoples. We are only alive because of what this wonderfully perfect planet gives us and we have no other place to go.

Dust to dust. :)

Ok hippies and children of them watch Capt Planet, while the enlighten must watch Blue Gender (The Earth uses mutations ie Bugs to wipe out humans until there is a compromise) or Shangri La (Mystical Cap and Trade corruption)

Yeah we should be more responsible, there is no excuse for polluting our waters or the excess litter, however we are no where close to how little other nations deal with cleaning up after themselves and we can still improve.

But saying that you are better off not existing so the animals and insects don't become road kill or a stain on the windshield is a bit much.

Earth vs Man isn't anything close to a fair fight.

We, cannot, destroy the Earth. At the most, we might alter our ability to live on it. Nothing more.

This is more of the rock separated from everything that lives on it (pig headed thinking at best). If we let loose with half the nuclear weapons, the nuclear winter would kill everything the planet, and set it back billions of years. What happened to leaving a place better than you found it, or at least the same? We need to treat the earth like a respectful guest, instead of taking "what is ours" and milking it for all it's worth.

Ok hippies and children of them watch Capt Planet, while the enlighten must watch Blue Gender (The Earth uses mutations ie Bugs to wipe out humans until there is a compromise) or Shangri La (Mystical Cap and Trade corruption)

never seen any of that.

Yeah we should be more responsible, there is no excuse for polluting our waters or the excess litter, however we are no where close to how little other nations deal with cleaning up after themselves and we can still improve.

the inability of other places to do it, doesn't mean we can't or shouldn't. using other places, as opposed to our own as a measure, shouldn't cut it IMO.

But saying that you are better off not existing so the animals and insects don't become road kill or a stain on the windshield is a bit much.

Oversimplified.

In any case, the Earth would not be the Earth but something different. Its kind of like saying I'd be happier if I didn't exist.

I disagree. It would still be the Earth, regardless of it's ability to be named. Plenty of animals have language, but I doubt any would feel a need to name it.

This is more of the rock separated from everything that lives on it (pig headed thinking at best). If we let loose with half the nuclear weapons, the nuclear winter would kill everything the planet, and set it back billions of years. What happened to leaving a place better than you found it, or at least the same? We need to treat the earth like a respectful guest, instead of taking "what is ours" and milking it for all it's worth.

Who is to say what is better or worse? You? With your human point of view. Perhaps the ****roaches and Bactria that would thrive in a nuclear devastated planet would disagree.

The point is that there is not an ideal way the earth should or should not be.

We have utilized the earths resources in ways they never would have been utilized before. If you arent utilizing resources, what good is it to have them? We need to do a lot better job of monitoring the side effects of utilizing those resources and doing our best to replenish them but potential means nothing if it is not fulfilled!

Who is to say what is better or worse? You? With your human point of view. Perhaps the ****roaches and Bactria that would thrive in a nuclear devastated planet would disagree.

The point is that there is not an ideal way the earth should or should not be.

Well, I'm asking peoples individual opinions, so you would be to say.

Outside of the ****roaches and bacteria, would anything else survive? How would that be better for the majority of life on the planet?

There is not an ideal way, outside of Eden. But, I don't think trying to stay close to that direction, would be a bad thing.

In fact, if we did, I would imagine peoples lives would be less expensive, less stressful and filled with a lot more happiness.

And joy breeds joy, just like hate breeds hate.

Ah, Alan Watts. Good for you.

No, this is reality. This place has suffered worse things than man, or anything we have created, including every nuke being exploded at once, and yet it was able to recover, create man, and go on.

One day, man will go the way of the dinosaur. Due to any number of reasons we have no control over. My bet is, the Earth will still be here. And it goes without saying, that while we're here, we can make it cleaner, for us.

Again, the fact is, we cannot destroy the Earth. Only our ability to live on it.

The only pig headed thinking comes from people that think man is "Too big to fail" ;)

Archived