Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Stupid phrases people actually say

Burgold

Only majorities can be racist.

~Bang

i heard that somewhere. is that some philosophical stuff, or do they that mean by definition people misuse the word? for example, by definition ignorant means not knowing, so since nobody knows everything, everybody is ignorant to a degree.

i heard that somewhere. is that some philosophical stuff, or do they that mean by definition people misuse the word? for example, by definition ignorant means not knowing, so since nobody knows everything, everybody is ignorant to a degree.

Based on what I've read, some believe that only majorities can be racist because they hold power. Folks I've argued with over this tell me this is what they were taught in college.

Somehow people who don't hold power cannot hate another race for the color of their skin, or think their race is superior for the same reason.

Ive argued with a number of people on this board over this perception, and frankly, I don't see what one has to do with the other regardless of all the jargon that the defenders of this idea spit out.

I could point you all to a few chatrooms in which you'd be appalled at the racism and hate being spewed. Violence advocated, anger to the extreme, and if you'd care to go in, I'd recommend you make a username that can't be construed as being "white', or they'll toss you right out.

Racism definitely exists, and it exists among every race there is. Those who believe it does not, or that it can be classified as something else due to minority or majority status are seriously deluded, and enabling the racists.

~Bang

I could point you all to a few chatrooms in which you'd be appalled at the racism and hate being spewed. Violence advocated, anger to the extreme, and if you'd care to go in, I'd recommend you make a username that can't be construed as being "white', or they'll toss you right out.

~Bang

So my username might not fare so well either, I presume?

Based on what I've read, some believe that only majorities can be racist because they hold power. Folks I've argued with over this tell me this is what they were taught in college.

Somehow people who don't hold power cannot hate another race for the color of their skin, or think their race is superior for the same reason.

Ive argued with a number of people on this board over this perception, and frankly, I don't see what one has to do with the other regardless of all the jargon that the defenders of this idea spit out.

Racism definitely exists, and it exists among every race there is. Those who believe it does not, or that it can be classified as something else due to minority or majority status are seriously deluded, and enabling the racists.

~Bang

Oh ok, I don't want the thread to go too far off topic so I'll leave it at this. I was open minded to the possibility that I misunderstood the definition or racism. And if some one could have showed me that by the true definition, or the origin of the word or something stated that the majority mattered then cool. But it sounds like some new (or maybe just new to me) theory/opinion gaining popularity. My apologies for the little sidebar people.

Oh ok, I don't want the thread to go too far off topic so I'll leave it at this. I was open minded to the possibility that I misunderstood the definition or racism. And if some one could have showed me that by the true definition, or the origin of the word or something stated that the majority mattered then cool. But it sounds like some new (or maybe just new to me) theory/opinion gaining popularity. My apologies for the little sidebar people.

Good thought,, I don't want to sideswipe the thread either, but figured you'd like an answer

~Bang

Racism definitely exists, and it exists among every race there is. Those who believe it does not, or that it can be classified as something else due to minority or majority status are seriously deluded, and enabling the racists

I was trying to convey this exact thought the other day in one of the recent "race" threads but couldn't quite figure out a clear way to get it out (brain farts I guess).

Well said.

About Playoff birth I apologize I misunderstood the question. It's a common internet mistype thrown around

One thing I can't stand being SAID though is the odd play-by-play phrase of Rich Waltz of Marlins TV. "AND HIS NAME IS DAN UGGLAAAA" every time he hits a home run. WTF that mean? We know his name is Dan Uggla. Don't state the obvious

binge drinking.

I seriously hate that term. It implies that drinking with the goal to get drunk is some new thing or problem. Folks it's no secret that alcohol is consumed in large part because it is a drug and because it gives you a buzz. There is no demand for non-alcoholic wine or vodka.

Archived