Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Stupid phrases people actually say

Burgold

the phrase that annoys me is: "In your own words, explain........" or "in your own words....."

The next time a teacher asks me this or even puts it on a test,. I'm just going to say "ooph flim blongo sengro floo". What? They say "in your own words", nobody else has ever used those words before

the phrase that annoys me is: "In your own words, explain........" or "in your own words....."

The next time a teacher asks me this or even puts it on a test,. I'm just going to say "ooph flim blongo sengro floo". What? They say "in your own words", nobody else has ever used those words before

Did you take that from Carlin?

but if they didn't have guns then killing would require more effort that squeezing your trigger finger. That might result in people actually thinking before they decide to fight or kill somebody.

Or, it might mean that Cain would just use a rock, instead.

Either way, Abel is dead.;)

"guns don't kill people, people kill people." well true, but if they didn't have guns then killing would require more effort that squeezing your trigger finger. That might result in people actually thinking before they decide to fight or kill somebody.
Or, it might mean that Cain would just use a rock, instead.

Either way, Abel is dead.;)

Heard an interesting statistic, once. (The speaker was at a science fiction convention, hosting a panel on how writers should write about weapons.)

According to the speaker, according to the NCIC (the FBI's national crime database, which supposedly contains all reported crime in the US), in the most recently completed year (this was about 15 years ago), . . .

Of all the people in the US who were shot, 92% of them survived.

Of all the people in the US who were stabbed, 85% of them survived.

Of all the people in the US who were shot, 92% of them survived.

Of all the people in the US who were stabbed, 85% of them survived.

That makes total sense to me. If you shoot someone you're at a distance and if they drop or stagger both of you can choose flight... either because you assume the guy's dead or because you have stopped the threat to yourself.

If you stab someone... they're right on top of you. You better finish the job or they're gonna getcha.

Archived